Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
When was Colorado appointed as a fourth branch of the federal government? No state may make a law in direct violation of the US Constitution and its Amendments. 1st Amendment is no exception. That law isn't worth the paper its written on. Refer to my last post for details..

Protection for all the various sexual orientations, of which your LGBT groups represents but a few of those kinks, don't have US Constitutional protection that allows them to trump the 1st Amendment.. In fact there's nothing at all mentioned about limited behavioral groups that the majority objects to in the US Constitution as having any protection from majority regulations.

When was Colorado appointed as a fourth branch of the federal government? No state may make a law in direct violation of the US Constitution and its Amendments. 1st Amendment is no exception. That law isn't worth the paper its written on. Refer to my last post for details..

And who says that PA laws are a violation of the constitution?

Laughing....you? When did you personally become the 'fourth branch of the federal government'? Because you citing yourself doesn't establish anything. Legally or otherwise

Protection for all the various sexual orientations, of which your LGBT groups represents but a few of those kinks, don't have US Constitutional protection that allows them to trump the 1st Amendment.. In fact there's nothing at all mentioned about limited behavioral groups that the majority objects to in the US Constitution as having any protection from majority regulations.

LOL-how hilarious coming from the person who thinks that State laws over-rule the Constitutional!

The basis of that law goes back to the 1964 Civil Rights Act- and has been successfully defended in court multiple times.

But anyone who does believe that law is unconstitutional can do what gay couples have done with the laws that they believe are unconstitutional- either change the law legislatively, or go to the courts and argue that the law is unconstitutional.

Go for it!

LOL-how hilarious coming from the person who thinks that State laws over-rule the Constitutional!

The basis of that law goes back to the 1964 Civil Rights Act- and has been successfully defended in court multiple times.

But anyone who does believe that law is unconstitutional can do what gay couples have done with the laws that they believe are unconstitutional- either change the law legislatively, or go to the courts and argue that the law is unconstitutional.

Go for it!
Remember that you are defending two men joining up with each other as if they are man and woman, and because of this craziness you and others are trying to turn this nation over onto it's head for that? You know I bet anything in this nation can be twisted and turned into something else by people like you all are, and the sad thing is, is that we don't have qualified council these days to push back against such idiocy as what this is.

Marriage is for a man and a woman and only between a man and a woman. Most agree with this even unto this very day.

Hollywood working side by side with Satan himself, has coerced this nation into believing just about anything these days, and even convincing the feds to go along with it all also.

Go for it!
Remember that you are defending two men joining up with each other as if they are man and woman, and because of this craziness you and others are trying to turn this nation over onto it's head for that? .

I am defending the rights of a same gender couple to be married just like my wife and I are.

How does their marriage harm you in any way?

Go for it!

Marriage is for a man and a woman and only between a man and a woman. Most agree with this even unto this very day.

Until the year 2000 the citizen's of Alabama believed that marriage was only for a man and a woman of the same race.

What the majority 'agree' on is not always what is right.

Go for it!
Remember that you are defending two men joining up with each other as if they are man and woman, and because of this craziness you and others are trying to turn this nation over onto it's head for that?

Christians abiding the same laws as every one else isn't 'turning the nation over onto its head'.

You're demanding special treatment, exemptions from any law you don't like, and exhaled legal status.

Nope. You're just like everyone else. Get used to the idea.

Hollywood working side by side with Satan himself.

I am pretty certain that claim has been made since the era of silent films.......
It's all about the content of the films, just like it's all about the content of ones character on which to be judged. Things have been rapidly getting worse it seems in the last 30 years or so. Sadly it appears that there are many now who are willfully adding to the worse and not to the good of things.

Hollywood working side by side with Satan himself.

I am pretty certain that claim has been made since the era of silent films.......
It's all about the content of the films, just like it's all about the content of ones character on which to be judged. Things have been rapidly getting worse it seems in the last 30 years or so. Sadly it appears that there are many now who are willfully adding to the worse and not to the good of things.

Again- a claim that we have been hearing since before we even had talkies.

Go for it!
Remember that you are defending two men joining up with each other as if they are man and woman, and because of this craziness you and others are trying to turn this nation over onto it's head for that?

Christians abiding the same laws as every one else isn't 'turning the nation over onto its head'.

You're demanding special treatment, exemptions from any law you don't like, and exhaled legal status.

How am I demanding special treatment or anyone else for that matter, when we are not the ones doing things that special treatment is being called for? Be honest and do tell who are the ones demanding special treatment these days.

Go for it!

How am I demanding special treatment or anyone else for that matter, when we are not the ones doing things that special treatment is being called for? Be honest and do tell who are the ones demanding special treatment these days.

That would be you, claiming special exemption from public accommodation laws.

Go for it!

That would be you, claiming special exemption from public accommodation laws.
No that would be the ones who are abusing these laws now, and are doing so by forcing their views and lifestyle onto another by way of these laws in which were not intended for that purpose..

Go for it!

By demanding that you should be exempted from PA laws because you have a religious objection to homosexuals.

No.

Go for it!

By demanding that you should be exempted from PA laws because you have a religious objection to homosexuals.

No.
You say No as if you are the deciding and final vote on the matter, but I say that your attitude will soon end when people finally realize how bad they have been duped on all of this mess. Twisting the laws in order to accommodate something that these law's were not intended for, nor were they created for when created, is something that will soon be figured out by people, and then the backlash by the majority will come as a result of it all. You know if think about it, one could fit just about anything they want under any specific law that might seemingly apply, and especially if that law is broad in it's scope by some mistaken chance, but people have better sense as to know what the laws were created for, and how they were supposed to be applied, and it didn't mean that they apply to everything and anything like some people try and say they do or try and make them do.

Go for it!

No.
You say No as if you are the deciding and final vote on the matter, but I say that your attitude will soon end when people finally realize how bad they have been duped on all of this mess.

Holding Christians to the same laws as everyone else isn't a 'mess'. There's not a harsher law for the rest of us and a much more lenient one exclusively for Christians.

There's the same law for everyone. Get used to the idea.

No.
You say No as if you are the deciding and final vote on the matter, but I say that your attitude will soon end when people finally realize how bad they have been duped on all of this mess.

Holding Christians to the same laws as everyone else isn't a 'mess'. There's not a harsher law for the rest of us and a much more lenient one exclusively for Christians.

No, because forcing Christians to abide by something that is against their beliefs and teachings is way more than what any law was supposed to be or was intended to do, because it wasn't intended to do that at all, but here we are and now what's next ? Maybe making the Christians agree to abortions at their religious hospitals and/or etc. as a result of all this ? People had best be careful of the way that a law is structured and/or is read these days, because there are some who will jump through any crack they see now, and that is what has been done in the cases that have been discussed here.

No.

No, because forcing Christians to abide by something that is against their beliefs and teachings is way more than what any law was supposed to be or was intended to do, because it wasn't intended to do that at all, but here we are and now what's next ?

You do not get to ignore any law you don't like. If your job is incompatible with your religion, find another job.

If you sell cake to the public, the only thing you're required to do is sell cake to the public. That's it. If you can't do that, find another job.

Forum List

Back