Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
Nobody believes that churches- should- would- or will be required to marry any persons that the church does not wish to marry- regardless of their race/religion or sexual orientation.

Oh yeah.....you don't live in the real world......they are not going to let churches get away with not submitting to their agenda......give it time...they are going to move on the churches eventually.....

LOL....in the real world- no one is trying to force churches to do anything.

Like I said- nobody believes that churches- should- would- or will be required to marry any persons that the church does not wish to marry.

The only ones promoting that boogeyman are the bigots who just are upset that homosexuals are no longer in the closet.

Tell me that 5 years from now.......

If churches were going to be forced to perform marriages they didn't want to, it would have happened after the 1967 ruling that overturned interracial marriage bans. It never happened. Nor was there any significant proposal even seeking it.

Its a boogeyman backed with nothing.

As we see in the bakers, pizza makers, florists, and photographers who are more than happy to provide their services to gays and all others, for every aspect of their business and for all events.......

Businesses are subject to PA laws. Churches are explicitly exempt.

Nuff said.

Oh yeah.....you don't live in the real world......they are not going to let churches get away with not submitting to their agenda......give it time...they are going to move on the churches eventually.....

Like I said- nobody believes that churches- should- would- or will be required to marry any persons that the church does not wish to marry.

The only ones promoting that boogeyman are the bigots who just are upset that homosexuals are no longer in the closet.

If churches were going to be forced to perform marriages they didn't want to, it would have happened after the 1967 ruling that overturned interracial marriage bans. It never happened. Nor was there any significant proposal even seeking it.

As we see in the bakers, pizza makers, florists, and photographers who are more than happy to provide their services to gays and all others, for every aspect of their business and for all events.......

Nuff said.

Yes...you are delusional.......

There is a First Amendment protection for Freedom of Religion in the Constitution of the United States and they just walked through it to attack these businesses.........churches are not going to stand up to this....

Well.....they will probably say that the government can't mandate a church do a wedding, but a church still can't discriminate against a gay couple as individuals........and there we go......and they don't even have to win in court....they just have to bring out the lawyers........

Nuff said.

There is a First Amendment protection for Freedom of Religion in the Constitution of the United States and they just walked through it to attack these businesses.........churches are not going to stand up to this....

Churches aren't subject to PA laws nor ever have been. Businesses are. You may equate them. The law doesn't.

Nuff said.

Churches aren't subject to PA laws nor ever have been. Businesses are. You may equate them. The law doesn't.

You are delusional......we'll talk in a few years.....

Nuff said.

I'm just informed. The best chance for what you describe came and went nearly 50 years ago. No churches were forced to perform any weddings they didn't want to when interracial marriage bans fell. There's no indication of a change in that fact.

Enjoy your slipper slope fallacy. It don't amount to much.

Nuff said.

I'm just informed. The best chance for what you describe came and went nearly 50 years ago. No churches were forced to perform any weddings they didn't want to when interracial marriage bans fell. There's no indication of a change in that fact.

You don't study the left do you.........about 100 million people would disagree with your assessment...if they were still alive.....you do not get to disagree with the left...in any way, shape or form......churches included......they really, really hate those.....

Nuff said.

You don't study the left do you.........about 100 million people would disagree with your assessment...if they were still alive.....you do not get to disagree with the left...in any way, shape or form......churches included......they really, really hate those.....

I study history. It contradicts you. PA laws don't apply to churches. They never have. And there's no indication they ever will.

He just did in his response, where as just read all his words about the church, he detest them all.

Who you speaking about Beagleboy?

If you are referring to me- you are either mistaken or lying.
The way you talk about God on this thread, but I'm lying eh? Whose delusional now?

Like I said- you were either mistaken or lying- now I am leaning more towards just outright nuts.

Feel free to show where I have said I detest all churches- you can't- and won't- you will just continue to prevaricate.

Nuff said.

Wow- speaking of delusional- that is you.

Churches never have- and never will be subject to public accommodation- just the usual fear mongering from bigots.

Churches never have- and never will be subject to public accommodation- just the usual fear mongering from bigots.

Churches never have- and never will be subject to public accommodation
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Fool.....

Fool.....

Being called a fool by a delusional idiot like you is great praise.

I would have been concerned if you did anything less.

Fool.....

Talk to you in 5 years...if it even takes that long.....

Fool.....

That would be a reasonable position, IF the contributor to which you responded was capable of objective reason, thus no means for the examination or observation of one's own mental and emotional processes... .

The Left believe what they believe because it serves THEIR OWN SUBJECTIVE NEEDS. Which is why there has never been a Leftist, anywhere in the world who accepted responsibility for any consequence of their actions... or actions which result from their publicly stated policy advocacies.

What's more, they'll actively pursue deflecting blame for the consequence of their 'feelings' onto their opposition.

Which explains why 70 years after the defeat of the attempt by Euro-peon Leftists to TAKE OVER THE WORLD! ... the Left is still claiming that the Euro-peon Leftists, were actually "Right-Wingers"; OKA: Their Opposition.

Fool.....

That would be a reasonable position, IF the contributor to which you responded was capable of objective reason, thus no means for the examination or observation of one's own mental and emotional processes... .

We've been through this, Keyes. Your 'objective reasoning' is just a run of the mill Appeal to Authority fallacy, where you desperately try and convince us that any opinion you hold must be objective fact.

And whenever I test your assumptions, they fail. And you run.

From your first mover fallacy, to cherry picking nature, to the subjective nature of religion, to you citing and ignore the dictionary.....you always fail. And yet you always reappear after your rhetorical beating, once again insisting that your subjective personal opinions must be objective truth.

Nope. Subjective is not objective. You can't get around that.

Fool.....

If it was gonna happen, it would have after 1967. It never did.

History contradicts you. The law contradicts you. And you have nothing to back your claims but your personal opinion that you know the future.

Talk to me when you have something more than you citing you.

Fool.....

LOL......wake me up when any church is EVER forced to marry anyone who it doesn't want to.

In 5 years you will have moved onto some other grand Konspiracy that you are infatuated with.

Fool.....

We've been through this, Keyes. ...

See what I mean 2AG, they're helpless... .

Skylar, your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

I study history. It contradicts you. PA laws don't apply to churches. They never have. And there's no indication they ever will.
You keep sticking to that little piece of ground you have grabbed, because somehow the Christians will get it back (I.E. their right to believe & live what they believe in their lives once again), and not be a shamed of it.

Fool.....

We've been through this, Keyes. ...

See what I mean 2AG, they're helpless... .

Skylar, your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

Laughing...as I said, you run. Whenever I challenge you assumptions.....you summarily declare victory and abandon the topic. Exactly as you just did.

So much for your 'objective reasoning'.

You keep sticking to that little piece of ground you have grabbed, because somehow the Christians will get it back (I.E. their right to believe & live what they believe in their lives once again), and not be a shamed of it.

That 'little piece of ground' being reality. Churches are exempt from PA laws. They always have been. There's no significant move to chance that, nor support for a change to that.

You don't even disagree with me.

You simply imagine some indefinite future where you are right. While I acknowledge the present and past where you're wrong. And the stunning lack of evidence to indicate your imagination is worth the pressure you applied to the keyboard in typing it.

Forum List

Back