Should Dean's life be ruined for saying the N-word 30-40-50 years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking about the Court of Public Opinion which might drive a corporation to pull the plug.

the "court of public opinion" doesn't have to wait for a jury verdict to believe someone is a racist bitch.
All too true... regardless of whether she is a racist bitch or not...

And we can thank our Lamestream Media for lighting the fire under her funeral pyre...

Manufacturing the desired public opinion, or threatening an overwhelming weight of such manufactured public opinion...

In order to set the whole feeding frenzy into motion, in order to kill the target, with zero accountability as to whether justice was served or whether the punishment matched the offense...

It's called a Kangaroo Court...

Deemed Guilty before the thing even got underway...

A ruined life, and a ruined business, with no due process nor recourse nor appeal...

More of a lynch-mob mentality than justice being served, quite honestly...

Just the sort of thing that political extremists on both sides of the aisle dig-up on...

Last edited:
"...However I have yet to see where this connection to mysterious events from "30-40-50 years ago" or whatever the number's up to, comes from. I've read the complaint and it's entirely built on events from 2005 to 2010. Methinks there be some murky urban myth afoot."
I'm pretty sure that the 30 or 40 years' reference derives from Deen's defense, saying that she hadn't used the N-word in that long.

I haven't read the Complaint but I've read a couple of summaries via online news articles and I get the impression that the Plaintiff is going to have some difficulty substantiating that N-Word business, in connection with remarks about a wedding... I dunno... maybe I'm wrong.

I read the complaint last night -- Gracie posted it somewhere (hard to keep track of with so many threads going on) -- anyway the complaint seems to be entirely based on the employment practices of Deen's brother. Paula would be the owner and has the authority that brings responsibility for all that but other than that virtually none of the complaint has anything to do with Paula Deen at all, so the significance what she may have said thirty years before this employment term even began is just a liiiiitle bit elusive for me.

I really think those wailing about things said decades ago should be prepared to articulate exactly what it is they're talking about. Because it may not even exist.

I hear time and again about American exceptionalism.

Is it the exceptionalism to be offended by a word that was REPEATEDLY used by Democratic icons of the United States Senate - you know, the despicable racist, Robert Byrd - who were Grand Poobah or some such, of the Ku Klu Klan but got a free pass, anyways?

Is it the word that is the mainstay of the so-called "culture" of the despicable and immoral slum?

Is it the word that is nothing but the mispronunciation of the Latin/Spanish/Hispanic word of NEGRO, which means BLACK which has been rejected by the so-called "leaders" like shakedown artist Jesse Jackson and Champion hypocrite, Reverend-who-has-not-performed-a-religious-service and would not know how, in 40 years, Al Sharpton, because they prefer "African-American", in spite the fact that those who claim to be African-Americans could not point to Africa on the map if their lives depended on it, that offends them so much?

Get real! Slavery has been over, at the expense of 600,000 lives of WHITE lives.

I am WHITE. My ancestors NEVER knew, never mind, OWNED black folks. I came to America in 1957. I earned everything I have. I have been discriminated against for my accent just as much, (come to think of it, quite a bit MORE) than you have been because of the color of your skin, because discriminating against you was illegal, but me, well just another white cracker!

So, cry me a river, I have no sympathy for you, piss on you, aspire to be another Clarence Thomas, rather than an other Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson, or Sheila Jackson Lee, or, especially, Barack Obama.

I was talking about the Court of Public Opinion which might drive a corporation to pull the plug.

the "court of public opinion" doesn't have to wait for a jury verdict to believe someone is a racist bitch.
All too true... regardless of whether she is a racist bitch or not... and we can thank our Lamestream Media for lighting the fire under her funeral pyre... in order to manufacture the desired public opinion, or the threat of such manufactured public opinion, which sets the feeding frenzy into motion...

Bingo. We speak of "media bias" all the time, imagining a bias to the "left' or "right" in that insane lens that sees everything around us as political (even a TV cooking show). Yet we ignore the media's real bias, which is to sensationalism (TV in particular) and dumbing down every issue to the lowest common superficial denominator. Hence we labour under the misconception that a lawsuit about assaults and abuses in the workplace is somehow a matter of what word Paula Deen used thirty years ago. It isn't.

Take the OP. Please. A suggestion of "ruining Dean's [sic] life" for something she said 30-40-50 years ago, with no evidence whatsoever that that's what the case is, just a fait accompli. Doesn't even explain who it is he's talking about -- just a single last name, and that misspelled, as if we were all supposed to just know from obediently taking our media pills. And that post got like 25 "thanks". How did these thankers not stop to think to ask for some basis?

No, we don't need that, just dive in on emotion. Facts be damned. Gullible's Travels.

Last edited:
"...However I have yet to see where this connection to mysterious events from "30-40-50 years ago" or whatever the number's up to, comes from. I've read the complaint and it's entirely built on events from 2005 to 2010. Methinks there be some murky urban myth afoot."
I'm pretty sure that the 30 or 40 years' reference derives from Deen's defense, saying that she hadn't used the N-word in that long.

I haven't read the Complaint but I've read a couple of summaries via online news articles and I get the impression that the Plaintiff is going to have some difficulty substantiating that N-Word business, in connection with remarks about a wedding... I dunno... maybe I'm wrong.

I read the complaint last night -- Gracie posted it somewhere (hard to keep track of with so many threads going on) -- anyway the complaint seems to be entirely based on the employment practices of Deen's brother. Paula would be the owner and has the authority that brings responsibility for all that but other than that virtually none of the complaint has anything to do with Paula Deen at all, so the significance what she may have said thirty years before this employment term even began is just a liiiiitle bit elusive for me.
Yes, I got some of that from the summaries, as well; it was Deen's brother, rather than her, but I also agree that the CEO is responsible for all that happens under her umbrella.

"...I really think those wailing about things said decades ago should be prepared to articulate exactly what it is they're talking about. Because it may not even exist."

The Deen response (on the Today Show in recent days) protested her own innocence and she denied using the N-Word herself except for an incident 30 years ago and in a few private joke-telling episodes some years ago. It's probably THAT 30-years-ago reference that got us stated on this Old Comments bit. Not sure, but that seems like a good guess.

"...Gullible's Travels."

OK... even if you and I don't see eye-to-eye on much, THAT was funny...

You've just been plagiarized... I'm gonna remember and use that one myself...

Have your legal guy talk to my legal guy about where to send the Royalty Checks...
wink_smile.gif
tongue_smile.gif

Last edited:
Dean had racist and sexist policies at her restaurant very recently.

she made her bed now she must sleep in it.

You would only know that if you had visited and enjoyed the meals she cooked in her restaurant.

If you have no personal experience, shut up and stop relying on opinions of food critics that review restaurants that poor, vicious and lying Democrat assholes could never afford.

Paula Deen has more dignity in her little finger than you and your pathetic racist liberal ilk have in your whole body.

But when it comes to hypocrisy, racism and you are the undisputed champion.

"...Gullible's Travels."

OK... even if you and I don't see eye-to-eye on much, THAT was funny...

You've just been plagiarized... I'm gonna remember and use that one myself...

Have your legal guy talk to my legal guy about where to send the Royalty Checks...
wink_smile.gif
tongue_smile.gif

No can do. You see, I plagiarized it myself, and I'm ashamed to admit I don't remember from who. :redface: I believe it was on this board though.

At this point we'll just call it "public domain" until the creator sees it and brings a lawsuit. At which point we can all talk about what words we used 30 years prior, because that sells more ads.

Last edited:

under oath at the deposition she was asked if she ever used The-Word-That-Must-Not-Be-Named and she said yes back in 1986 she used the term when talking to her husband about the black guy who put a gun to her head at the bank she was working at....that's almost 30 years ago....

Dean had racist and sexist policies at her restaurant very recently.

she made her bed now she must sleep in it.

You would only know that if you had visited and enjoyed the meals she cooked in her restaurant.

If you have no personal experience, shut up and stop relying on opinions of food critics that review restaurants that poor, vicious and lying Democrat assholes could never afford.

Paula Deen has more dignity in her little finger than you and your pathetic racist liberal ilk have in your whole body.

But when it comes to hypocrisy, racism and you are the undisputed champion.

While he may be assuming veracity, what he's referring to is the description of the workplace in the legal complaint. That has absolute zero to do with "what poor vicious and lying Democrat assholes can afford" or "food critics". Or food at all.

Is your head really that far up your ass, or is are you just constipated?

Try more butter.

under oath at the deposition she was asked if she ever used The-Word-That-Must-Not-Be-Named and she said yes back in 1986 she used the term when talking to her husband about the black guy who put a gun to her head at the bank she was working at....that's almost 30 years ago....

We know from the complaint that the plaintiff was lying. Her sleazy legal team fabricated a scenario where women were denied management positions, despite the fact that the COO of the organization, Theresa Fueger, is a woman. If women are barred from management, how is it the top management slot in the corporation is held by a woman? Basic contradiction clearly demonstrates that Jackson lied under oath.

http://www.atlawblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Jackson-v.-Deen-et-al.-Complaint.pdf

We know from the complaint that the plaintiff was lying. Her sleazy legal team fabricated a scenario where women were denied management positions, despite the fact that the COO of the organization, Theresa Fueger, is a woman. If women are barred from management, how is it the top management slot in the corporation is held by a woman? Basic contradiction clearly demonstrates that Jackson lied under oath.

http://www.atlawblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Jackson-v.-Deen-et-al.-Complaint.pdf

And if anybody around here would know about '"basic contradiction"....

:eusa_whistle:

Hey, how's the Hillary Weather out there? Fields still barren?

So, another straw man from the king of logical fallacy...

You're an idiot pogo, but at least.... uh, umm, uhh :dunno:

Okay, you're just an idiot..

So, another straw man from the king of logical fallacy...

You're an idiot pogo, but at least.... uh, umm, uhh :dunno:

Okay, you're just an idiot..

Whoa - that was eloquent. Didn't know you had that kind of stuff.

I'm just pointing out that you have never been above just making it up on the spot. Caveat for our younger readers. A public service you might say.

Whoa - that was eloquent. Didn't know you had that kind of stuff.

I'm just pointing out that you have never been above just making it up on the spot. Caveat for our younger readers. A public service you might say.

You're just throwing out logical fallacy because it's the closest you ever get to logic.

Jackson's story is so full of holes that the tale comes off as absurd. I have no idea if fragments of her fiction are true or not, but taken as a complete tale - there is zero possibility of this being factual. IF Jackson has not been charged with perjury, that is in itself a crime.

Let's see what the vicious people thought of this situation with Paula Deen over at Think Progress shall we?

Paula's getting a taste of what it's like to be a target of the left's wrath if they think you are conservative.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the freaking utter stupidity of these people. Nonetheless they attacked her viciously based on lies from a person trying to shake Paula Deen down and didn't have a clue she was a Democrat.

From the comment section:

Angel Schroeder · High Point, North Carolina

"Deen’s attitudes are harmful, but there’s something sad about the narrow little world she occupies, and how airless it will become as time moves on without her."

There's the GOP in a nutshell.

Victoria Lamb Hatch · Top Commenter
And both Paula Deen and the GOP will find that the world is moving ahead without them, no matter how they might dig their heels in.

I see Paula Deen as mostly clueless, not evil. I'm sure she truly thinks of herself as a good-hearted person, or at least someone who's trying to be.

And she appears to be honestly baffled as to why her world isn't the same as it was half a century ago, when she was growing up with the values that are completely unacceptable today.

She seems to have grasped that there are some words that one shouldn't use, and some things that one shouldn't say. But she has absolutely no idea why. She only understands that she'll get in trouble with "the media" if she uses them. She can't even comprehend that they are hurtful and offensive, or that they treat people as less than people. Here's a hint, Paula -- these words and attitudes were NEVER okay. They have ALWAYS been hurtful and offensive. It's not that people became offended overnight.

The Republican Party however -- or at least those who drive the machine -- is more evil than clueless. They are motivated purely by profit, greed, and power. And they don't care who or what they destroy to get it.

Evil vs. clueless. They are very different. But the end result is pretty much the same -- without change, they will become fossils of the past, irrelevant, and marginalized.

Brooks McBryde · Top Commenter · Southern Methodist University

I know from personal experience that the South is largely in denial about its continuing culture of racism. Paula Deen's attitude is extremely common there. Sure, the institutional relics of Jim Crow laws have been eliminated, but it lives on beneath the surface and in the private lives of many southerners.

Resentment of minorities is extremely commonplace there. And it is this core of people that makes up the base of the Republican party today.

Freedom Mushaw · Top Commenter

I could hug you. I think that what is hurting the republicans is that they only want to disassociate them selves with extremist when its election time.

If they were to tell these ignorant mofos to leave rallies or take their Al Qaeda wanna be buts someplace else the GOP would save face. Yes i compared them because there is not much diff. You just replace the subject of their sentences and its the same hate word vomit.

I feel sad that theGOP really sees them selves as evolved and innocent. Its funny, how people who are on social assistance for a good reason and do not even know others that are slackers are grouped together and all seen as "unfit" Americans. But yet they do not want to be associated with the people who deliberately come to their conventions and voice their hateful ignorance under freedom of speech. Why does guilt by association only work one way????

TV Chef Paula Deen's Plantation Nostalgia And The Resentments Of Racists | ThinkProgress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back