Should Dean's life be ruined for saying the N-word 30-40-50 years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you do believe the President is still guilty until proven innocent in the IRS affair?

lol, I'll add you to the list.

Do you think that obama has ever said the word ******? or told a racist joke about honkys? how about a polock joke?

The double standard here is amazing. Because PD is a southern female who has made a lot of money talking in a southern accent and cooking southern food, she is to be destroyed by the metrosexual northeastern media.

If I was her I would take my millions and say fuck you to the media.

So the conservative media has never tried to destroy Obama? lol

This thread isn't about Obama. Well unless you want to tie Paula Deen to the Obamas.

This good southern Democrat lady campaigned for Obama and likened Michelle to Jackie Kennedy.

Even had Michelle on her show before Obama won in 2008.

Paula talked to People about what it was like to cook with Michelle — and promised to make her signature fried chicken for the Obamas if they move into the White House in January.

"She was everything I thought she would be: Smart, great sense of humor and loves to talk about family," Paula told People.

"I can tell she spends time in the kitchen – she was very relaxed when we cooked. And that lady is a good eater."

Not that it shows.

"Did I tell you she is in the best shape ever? Everyone was staring at her amazing arms!" Paula raved

obamadean.jpg

Once was enough: Watch Michelle Obama talk to Paula Deen about trying to make seafood gumbo - National Celebrity News | Examiner.com

Do you think that obama has ever said the word ******? or told a racist joke about honkys? how about a polock joke?

The double standard here is amazing. Because PD is a southern female who has made a lot of money talking in a southern accent and cooking southern food, she is to be destroyed by the metrosexual northeastern media.

If I was her I would take my millions and say fuck you to the media.

This thread isn't about Obama. Well unless you want to tie Paula Deen to the Obamas.

This good southern Democrat lady campaigned for Obama and likened Michelle to Jackie Kennedy.

Paula talked to People about what it was like to cook with Michelle — and promised to make her signature fried chicken for the Obamas if they move into the White House in January.

"She was everything I thought she would be: Smart, great sense of humor and loves to talk about family," Paula told People.

"I can tell she spends time in the kitchen – she was very relaxed when we cooked. And that lady is a good eater."

Not that it shows.

"Did I tell you she is in the best shape ever? Everyone was staring at her amazing arms!" Paula raved

obamadean.jpg

Once was enough: Watch Michelle Obama talk to Paula Deen about trying to make seafood gumbo - National Celebrity News | Examiner.com

So, it's plain to see that Mrs. Obama has proven that she is a treasonous-to-her-race Aunt Jemima pig by consorting with a racist white woman.

Or that Mrs. Obama's ample hips are the result of her devotion to the cooking prowess of Paule Deen?

Not that it shows.

obamadean.jpg

So, it's plain to see that Mrs. Obama has proven that she is a treasonous-to-her-race Aunt Jemima pig by consorting with a racist white woman.

Or that Mrs. Obama's ample hips are the result of her devotion to the cooking prowess of Paule Deen?

a nice old Democrat lady cooking with Michelle and voting for Obama....and people think she's a racist....?

but she said the word ****** once upon a time or two.....and for that she must suffer.....just like someone who insults Mohammed.....as you pointed out...

there is a definite similarity between Marxism and Islam....both being Totalitarian in nature.....

It's a Media and Corporatist-Chickenshit shark-feeding-frenzy...

The Media makes the stink...

The Corporatists turn Chickenshit and sever relationships because they're afraid of damage to their image, even during the early-to-middle going when most of the public, in truth, couldn't give a rat's ass...

Which, in turn, makes the newswires again...

Which, in turn, triggers more Corporatist Chickenshit behavior, which... and on and on and on...

With no accountability for over-reaction or damage to the target's reputation or livelihood or well-being...

A vicious self-perpetuating cycle which continues to balloon far out of proportion to the weight of the offense itself, and which only ends when the cycle runs out of fuel (no more damage can be done, and all possible titillating value has been squeezed out of the thing...

And can you imagine the vicious, petty, jealous, narrow mind, that would take the first steps towards making a big deal out of this 40 or 50 -year-old non-news item, in order to strike-out at a successful person and bring him-or-her down?

The hate behind such an act far exceeds the so-called hate behind the remark, so many years ago.

The hate behind the feeding-frenzy is also obvious, and far exceeds ol' Paula's.

It is possible to hate, sheltered under the banner of Progressivism, and even under the banner of Civil Rights...

Ol' Paula may very well have used a racist or hateful remark 40 or 50 years ago...

But the hate we see unfolding today, in connection with her demise - and the hate we see for her in support of that demise - exceeds Paula's own Original Sin by several orders of magnitude.

Last edited:

Not that it shows.

obamadean.jpg

Are you fucking nuts? Your statements are completely whacked out.

Deen first and foremost is not a racist. She is being skewered for using a term decades ago that many did.

Even Sharpton and Jackson are stepping up to the plate to defend her. We've all progressed hopefully from the days of "******" or "honky" or "cracker".

Geeze when I grew up there was a classic rhyme that went

"eenie meenie miny moe catch a ****** by the toe if he hollers let him go eenie meenie miny moe".

You skipped double dutch to it.

It was ages ago. No malice from young kids saying that. But now of course it's unacceptable.

We're talking years and years ago.

Gee Mark Twain used the term "******" for Huck Finn. Should Twain be branded a racist?
I think not.

Not that it shows.

obamadean.jpg

a nice old Democrat lady cooking with Michelle and voting for Obama....and people think she's a racist....?

but she said the word ****** once upon a time or two.....and for that she must suffer.....just like someone who insults Mohammed.....as you pointed out...

there is a definite similarity between Marxism and Islam....both being Totalitarian in nature.....

uh...yyyyyyweaaah, cooking is just like Marxism. Riiiight.

Freaking wacko.

It's a Media and Corporatist-Chickenshit shark-feeding-frenzy...

The Media makes the stink...

The Corporatists turn Chickenshit and sever relationships because they're afraid of damage to their image, even during the early-to-middle going when most of the public, in truth, couldn't give a rat's ass...

Which, in turn, makes the newswires again...

Which, in turn, triggers more Corporatist Chickenshit behavior, which... and on and on and on...

With no accountability for over-reaction or damage to the target's reputation or livelihood or well-being...

A vicious self-perpetuating cycle which continues to balloon far out of proportion to the weight of the offense itself, and which only ends when the cycle runs out of fuel (no more damage can be done, and all possible titillating value has been squeezed out of the thing...

And can you imagine the vicious, petty, jealous, narrow mind, that would take the first steps towards making a big deal out of this 40 or 50 -year-old non-news item, in order to strike-out at a successful person and bring him-or-her down?

The hate behind such an act far exceeds the so-called hate behind the remark, so many years ago.

The hate behind the feeding-frenzy is also obvious, and far exceeds ol' Paula's.

It is possible to hate, sheltered under the banner of Progressivism, and even under the banner of Civil Rights...

Ol' Paula may very well have used a racist or hateful remark 40 or 50 years ago...

But the hate we see unfolding today, in connection with her demise - and the hate we see for her in support of that demise - exceeds Paula's own Original Sin by several orders of magnitude.

You've got the commercial dynamics down at least. It's the wages of living in a commodity-fetish society. Wiser minds than I have noted that for all our talk about religious freedom we do indeed have a national religion and it's the religion of money.

However I have yet to see where this connection to mysterious events from "30-40-50 years ago" or whatever the number's up to, comes from. I've read the complaint and it's entirely built on events from 2005 to 2010. Methinks there be some murky urban myth afoot.

Dean had racist and sexist policies at her restaurant very recently.

she made her bed now she must sleep in it.

Not that it shows.

obamadean.jpg

Are you fucking nuts? Your statements are completely whacked out.

Deen first and foremost is not a racist. She is being skewered for using a term decades ago that many did.

Even Sharpton and Jackson are stepping up to the plate to defend her. We've all progressed hopefully from the days of "******" or "honky" or "cracker".

Geeze when I grew up there was a classic rhyme that went

"eenie meenie miny moe catch a ****** by the toe if he hollers let him go eenie meenie miny moe".

You skipped double dutch to it.

It was ages ago. No malice from young kids saying that. But now of course it's unacceptable.

We're talking years and years ago.

Gee Mark Twain used the term "******" for Huck Finn. Should Twain be branded a racist?
I think not.

My apologies to everyone, be they the stripe of the Left or the Right who are too dense to see sarcasm, especially those with whom I exchanged PERSONAL messages, like you, tinydancer, for not seeing the sarcasm that I meant in my post to which you so eloquently, but misguidedly and blindly referred.

Obviously, you, tinydancer, missed or preferred to ignore my other posts on this topic.

I can't sat that I am offended, because being offended is the exclusive purview of bleeding heart liberals and fellow assholes of 90% Obama voter Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton ass kissers.

So, let me just say, that in the future, I will be mindful of putting "(sarcasm)" at the end of my post, when I mean SARCASM, because even those whose mental capabilities I was foolish enough to take for granted, will, sadly let me down.

Never pass up a chance to trash a white woman who sounds like Dolly Parton.

It's like liberalism 101.

What the hell's wrong with Dolly Parton now? Fresh strawman?

Yannow, if you think Dolly's east Tennessee accent "sounds like" Deen's south Georgia accent, then you jest don' know your Southern accents.

uh...yyyyyyweaaah, cooking is just like Marxism. Riiiight.

Freaking wacko.

did somebody drop you on the head as a baby....? :cuckoo:

"...However I have yet to see where this connection to mysterious events from "30-40-50 years ago" or whatever the number's up to, comes from. I've read the complaint and it's entirely built on events from 2005 to 2010. Methinks there be some murky urban myth afoot."
I'm pretty sure that the 30 or 40 years' reference derives from Deen's defense, saying that she hadn't used the N-word in that long.

I haven't read the Complaint but I've read a couple of summaries via online news articles and I get the impression that the Plaintiff is going to have some difficulty substantiating that N-Word business, in connection with remarks about a wedding... I dunno... maybe I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back