Should Dean's life be ruined for saying the N-word 30-40-50 years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deen catered a plantation themed wedding. Sofar we have not criminalized civil war reenactment. The wait staff was all black. Now 250 years ago they may have been slaves but at that wedding they were well paid professional servers.

How stupid are we going to get? Let's ban all that slave girl belly dancing stuff.

We're quickly becoming a very sick society. One that doesn't allow a opposing opinion and creates protected classes of people.

Why can't we get out of the past and look towards the future?

Maybe because racism continues to permeate our society...blatantly and subtly...

And mostly among minorities and libtards.

Oh my. The one bringing the lawsuit is guity until proven innocent in her accusations. Gotcha. Um hm. Noted.

Now...which wall was that one? :lol:

No one has accused her of anything. She is the accuser.

Really.

Then who posted this:
They wouldn't buy into her idea for Bubba's. That is why she quit. She was trying to take over the company. They wouldn't let her.

?

:eusa_whistle:

Post the complaint that was filed accusing her in a court of law. I'll be waiting.
toetap-1.gif

They wouldn't buy into her idea for Bubba's. That is why she quit. She was trying to take over the company. They wouldn't let her.

Pffft.

Don't take on any conspiracy-theory-writer jobs. Needs work. A lot.

For one thing, according to the complaint, there are witnesses to all this. Plenty of 'em.
For another, where would Jackson get the power or position to "take over the company"?

Yeah, I'm waiting with bated breath to see what those 'witnesses, plenty of 'em' have to say when they are out of a job.

Read this shit Sunshine. OMG how crazy is this?

Poor Paula Deen. This freaking vengeful nutbar is blowing up Paula's business that she has sweat blood for.

Check this out. It'll blow you away. This woman is a nut case.

Jackson is white, and therefore, shouldn’t be allowed to sue on the basis of racial discrimination.

“The defendants assert that Jackson, a white woman, lacks standing to pursue race-based claims of discrimination,” the docs state.

The former employee filed a second amended complaint against Deen and Heiers, alleging racial discrimination and that her nieces are bi-racial with an African-American father so “derogatory remarks regarding African Americans are even more personally offensive to Ms. Jackson than they would be to another white citizen.”

However, during Jackson’s deposition she “conceded that the nieces were those of her partner, Ms. Summerlin.

Jackson proceeded to testify that the allegation in the complaint that the niece (there is a single niece of Ms. Summerlin) had a father who was ‘Puerto Rican African American’ and that she was ‘very close’ to the niece.

“Summerlin, however, flatly refuted Jackson’s claim testifying that the young child’s father was Hispanic, not African American, and that she hadn’t seen her sister’s children for years and had absolutely no relationship with them in the past five years!” the court docs said.

Woman Suing Paula Deen Reveals Former Food Network Star Never Made Racial Slurs In Her Presence | Radar Online

No one has accused her of anything. She is the accuser.

Really.

Then who posted this:

?

:eusa_whistle:

Post the complaint that was filed accusing her in a court of law. I'll be waiting.
toetap-1.gif

That would be your job if you choose to go that way, but you already made the accusation here.

Pffft.

Don't take on any conspiracy-theory-writer jobs. Needs work. A lot.

For one thing, according to the complaint, there are witnesses to all this. Plenty of 'em.
For another, where would Jackson get the power or position to "take over the company"?

Yeah, I'm waiting with bated breath to see what those 'witnesses, plenty of 'em' have to say when they are out of a job.

Poor Paula Deen. This freaking vengeful nutbar is blowing up Paula's business that she has sweat blood for.

Jackson is white, and therefore, shouldn’t be allowed to sue on the basis of racial discrimination.

“The defendants assert that Jackson, a white woman, lacks standing to pursue race-based claims of discrimination,” the docs state.

The former employee filed a second amended complaint against Deen and Heiers, alleging racial discrimination and that her nieces are bi-racial with an African-American father so “derogatory remarks regarding African Americans are even more personally offensive to Ms. Jackson than they would be to another white citizen.”

However, during Jackson’s deposition she “conceded that the nieces were those of her partner, Ms. Summerlin.

Jackson proceeded to testify that the allegation in the complaint that the niece (there is a single niece of Ms. Summerlin) had a father who was ‘Puerto Rican African American’ and that she was ‘very close’ to the niece.

“Summerlin, however, flatly refuted Jackson’s claim testifying that the young child’s father was Hispanic, not African American, and that she hadn’t seen her sister’s children for years and had absolutely no relationship with them in the past five years!” the court docs said.

Woman Suing Paula Deen Reveals Former Food Network Star Never Made Racial Slurs In Her Presence | Radar Online

OK I'm missing something here TD.

With all these incidents of assaults and batteries and intolerable working conditions and such (all on Bubba) -- how are Paula's speech patterns material to this case?

With all these incidents of assaults and batteries and intolerable working conditions and such (all on Bubba) -- how are Paula's speech patterns material to this case?

I have no idea whatsoever. That's why I keep saying that this is crazy.

Jackson even testifies at the deposition that she never heard Paula say a racist word.

Go figure.

Totally unfair if you ask me...any scale, sense of history, or balance left? And our media suqs...lol

totally agree...

what person here can truthfully say that they've never said the word "******" at least once at some point in their lives...?

eta: I don't give a flying fuck about Paula Deen...

well... actually, that's not quite true...

she annoys the living shit outta me with her folky Southern shtick...

so I wouldn't mind if she disappeared off the public radar...

but still, it seems unfair to hammer her 'cause she used to use the word "******" in conversation...

Last edited:

I have no idea whatsoever. That's why I keep saying that this is crazy.

Jackson even testifies at the deposition that she never heard Paula say a racist word.

Go figure.

Then why do you keep bringing it up?

For that matter, I never understood the OP referring to "30-40-50 years ago" either. And he got like 23 "thanks" for that. Wtf? :confused:

From the complaint as filed this is entirely about events in the workplace from 2005 to 2010. I don't get the connection to the distant past or where it's coming from. Or who brought it in. Or why. Color me confused.

Yanno..........................I've said it before in this thread, and I'll say it again......................

Don Imus made a pretty fucked up statement a couple of years ago, and he paid for it with a 1 year suspension, but he's now back on the air.

Yeah....................Paula Deen said some stupid shit on the air, but she was referring to things in her past (and trying really hard to make it sound okay), but she doesn't seem evil or mean to me.

Give her a 6 month vacation, and then put her back on the air. I'm pretty sure that if that is the way it goes, she's going to be a pretty good spokesperson for telling people that we're all equal.

So she may lose her job and career for this? :eek:

Freedom of speech...

OK, you are not free from the consequences of your actions and opinions... That's true. But would you tell me that those companies who flee Dean are not forced to do it because of the environment created by politicians and the media??

I firmly believe that in America, in 8 years or even less, people who oppose gay marriage will be extensively compared to racists. And, in certain states, they will be completely unelectable.

In France, conservatives opposed civil unions in 1999 and the won elections again. They opposed gay marriage in 2013 and they are ahead in polls again. Frau Merkel opposes both marriage and equal tax benefits for same-sex couples but she enjoys an approval rating of 65-70%...

This is an American phenomenon, where the life and opinions of public and private leaders are highly scrutinized. Maybe it has to do with the puritan thing, i don't know

Intolerance in the name of tolerance. Freedom of speech? Better call it political correctness.

Last edited:
After weeks of 'guilty until proven innocent' being applied to President Obama over the fake IRS scandal,

who would have guessed that Paula Deen of all people could have been the one to restore the rightwing nuts' belief in 'innocent until proven guilty'?

After weeks of 'guilty until proven innocent' being applied to President Obama over the fake IRS scandal,

who would have guessed that Paula Deen of all people could have been the one to restore the rightwing nuts' belief in 'innocent until proven guilty'?

har-de-har.......at least PD answered the question honestly instead of copping out using the 5th or flatly denying knowing anything....

BO's administration always knows nuuuuuuuthing...:eusa_hand:

har-de-har.......at least PD answered the question honestly instead of copping out using the 5th or flatly denying knowing anything....

So you do believe the President is still guilty until proven innocent in the IRS affair?

lol, I'll add you to the list.

So you do believe the President is still guilty until proven innocent in the IRS affair?

you mean like i should add you to the list of liberals who think Paula Deen is 'guilty' because she admitted that she said the word ******.....?

Do you think that obama has ever said the word ******? or told a racist joke about honkys? how about a polock joke?

The double standard here is amazing. Because PD is a southern female who has made a lot of money talking in a southern accent and cooking southern food, she is to be destroyed by the metrosexual northeastern media.

If I was her I would take my millions and say fuck you to the media.

So she may lose her job and career for this? :eek:

Freedom of speech...

OK, you are not free from the consequences of your actions and opinions... That's true. But would you tell me that those companies who flee Dean are not forced to do it because of the environment created by politicians and the media??

I firmly believe that in America, in 8 years or even less, people who oppose gay marriage will be extensively compared to racists. And, in certain states, they will be completely unelectable.

In France, conservatives opposed civil unions in 1999 and the won elections again. They opposed gay marriage in 2013 and they are ahead in polls again. Frau Merkel opposes both marriage and equal tax benefits for same-sex couples but she enjoys an approval rating of 65-70%...

This is an American phenomenon, where the life and opinions of public and private leaders are highly scrutinized. Maybe it has to do with the puritan thing, i don't know

Intolerance in the name of tolerance. Freedom of speech? Better call it political correctness.

Apparently there is no statute of limitations of being offended by a single word.

The only other example, similar to this stupidity is the Muslim indignation whenever the truth is said about their so-called "Prophet".

Do you think that obama has ever said the word ******? or told a racist joke about honkys? how about a polock joke?

The double standard here is amazing. Because PD is a southern female who has made a lot of money talking in a southern accent and cooking southern food, she is to be destroyed by the metrosexual northeastern media.

If I was her I would take my millions and say fuck you to the media.

So the conservative media has never tried to destroy Obama? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back