Should Dean's life be ruined for saying the N-word 30-40-50 years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The OP is a lie.

This woman didn't just call black people "*******" 50 years ago.

This is about her RECENT behavior and RECENT comments.

The allegations are one thing. Here is Lisa Jackson's testimony under oath at the deposition.

In the plaintiff’s own words

In Jackson’s deposition taken Feb. 11, she recounts how Dora Childs, an employee at The Lady & Sons, told her “probably sometime in 2010” that she felt discriminated against when a white male kitchen manager was promoted over her, adding, “and that Paula made racist comments.”

Deens’ attorney, Franklin, asked Jackson: “You have never heard Paula make a racist remark, have you?”

“Not heard it,” Jackson replied.

“You have never known Paula to discriminate against a person based on gender, have you?”

“I’m not aware.”

“And you have never known Paula to sexually harass anyone, have you?”

“Not me.”

Paula Deen: Key details in deposition, court documents overlooked by national media | Amarillo Globe-News[/QUOTE]

looks like Bubba is the real culprit....

you didn't read the whole complaint.

Paula allowed much of the disciminatory policies.

and she called black people "*******".

What part of alleged don't you get? What part of complaint don't you get?

Nothing has been proven.

And in the most bizarre twist, Lisa Jackson herself has claimed she has never heard Paula use a racial slur.

Under oath.

you didn't read the whole complaint.

Paula allowed much of the disciminatory policies.

and she called black people "*******".

What part of alleged don't you get? What part of complaint don't you get?

Nothing has been proven.

And in the most bizarre twist, Lisa Jackson herself has claimed she has never heard Paula use a racial slur.

Under oath.

but the Left and all their ninnys will charge...convict....and condem.....if only a whiff of racism appears....black racism that is.....

Wanna read the actual lawsuit against P Deen? It's a real eye opener.

http://www.atlawblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Jackson-v.-Deen-et-al.-Complaint.pdf

Is it ever. Although since it's about 90% Bubba, it's hard to see why all the focus is on Paula. Negligence in enabling it, attitude, sure, but the perp is her brother.
But it's not rocket surgery to see why the Food Network would not want to be associated with this when trial starts and this laundry starts getting washed. And I'm sure they had their own attorneys look this over and assess whether or not it had legs.

I've never figured out what kind of grown man would allow himself to be called "Bubba"... :dunno:

Last edited:
Wanna read the actual lawsuit against P Deen? It's a real eye opener.

http://www.atlawblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Jackson-v.-Deen-et-al.-Complaint.pdf

It's a shakedown no matter you look at. I've even put up in other threads the wonderful letter she wrote about Paula and Bubba two months before she claimed all this bullshit.

-- then why don't you post it here?

yeah....that's the law....

this isn't about the law.

this is about Food Network making a business decision.

Barbara Dean said things that are bad for Food Network's business.

Its called Capitalism.

And they have every right to fire who they want whenever they please.

All some of us are pointing out is that when companies and people start basing their decisions on "something someone said decades ago" I sure as hell hope everyone has never ever uttered a wrong word in their lifetime.

Glass houses you know.

This has set the bar really low for contracts to be able to be broken.

yeah....that's the law....

this isn't about the law.

this is about Food Network making a business decision.

Barbara Dean said things that are bad for Food Network's business.

Its called Capitalism.

And they have every right to fire who they want whenever they please.

All some of us are pointing out is that when companies and people start basing their decisions on "something someone said decades ago" I sure as hell hope everyone has never ever uttered a wrong word in their lifetime.

Glass houses you know.

This has set the bar really low for contracts to be able to be broken.

I really didn't look at the backstory here until Gracie posted that doc as I wasn't interested, but having read it, the events are all from between 2005 and 2010, not "decades ago".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back