Should Dean's life be ruined for saying the N-word 30-40-50 years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lady has been a life long Democrat. It's fascinating to watch so many on the left shred her to death.

For a word she said many years ago.

Last edited:
The lady has been a life long Democrat. It's fascinating to watch so many on the left shred her to death.

For a word she said many years ago.

What's fascinating is to watch the desperation of partisan hacks so immersed in their own hatred that they have to go ferret out the political party registration on a story that is in no way about politics, in order to score themselves some points on an internet message board. QED.

Wait, that's not fair -- their alleged political party affiliation.

For as much as conservatives try to set themselves up as champions of the free market,

they are sure throwing a tantrum over the fact that Paula Dean's employer is simply exercising its right to make a business decision.

so if a black guy was involved in some black power movement like 40 years ago i could just fire his ass and call it a business decision?

It's a literal impossibility for any black person to be racist.
White people deserve any and all insults that are hurled at them because someone they have never met did something horrible 300 years ago.

Just a little tid-bit of advice to better navigate you through this circus called life

:cool:

Saying the left created Political Correctness is like saying the left engineers society. Society tells us what is acceptable speech. Don't like society? Ok? What else you gonna do? cry about it some more?

Sounds eerily similar to 'social engineering' and/or 'social justice'

But the "left" has had nothing to do with either of these agendas.....got it

:eusa_hand:

I don't get this association I'm reading in here between Paula Deen and butter.

Butter is all but illegal in the South. You go to a restaurant and ask for butter, you get margarine. When you ask for real butter, they claim they don't have it.

If she's a Southerner, she's a rebel.

She was featured on a celebrity homes show a while back.
Don't remember which one....

Her assistant set her up gig time and it was hilarious.

Ya know how they always want to look in the fridge?
Her assistant had FILLED her fridge with nothing but mayo and butter!
:D

That's funny.

But again if she's advocating butter and also claims to be a Southerner, then somebody's not being honest.... :eusa_whistle:

I have real butter in my fridge....it's for my grits and biscuits (when I can't find lard)
:cool:

Jesus-H-Tap-Dancing-Christ... I can't believe how much "mileage" ya'll are gettin' outta this!!!

I would've thought that after 30-some-odd pages, it had all been said, and it was time to move on.

Apparently, the 'racial' component is sufficiently titillating to keep it alive... kinda-sorta... ;-)

I'll be honest. Im sick of this story. We as a society obsess over the most trivial bullshit while all the stuff that matters is swept under the rug. I had no opinion of her ro this point but the whole crying on national tv because you're only gonna make 5 million instead of 10 MAKES ME SICK.

I'll be honest. Im sick of this story. We as a society obsess over the most trivial bullshit while all the stuff that matters is swept under the rug. I had no opinion of her ro this point but the whole crying on national tv because you're only gonna make 5 million instead of 10 MAKES ME SICK.

reid and biden can take racial patronization to a level rarely seen but deen gets butt- raped, for a 30 year old comment?and shes a firggin COOK :lol:

Racial discrimination controversy

Lisa Jackson, a former employee of restaurants owned by Deen and her brother, Earl "Bubba" Hiers, filed a lawsuit alleging racial and sexual discrimination. (Jackson is white.)[37] In a story initially reported by the National Enquirer,[38][39][40] Deen stated in her deposition that she has used the "N-word" at times, saying "Yes, of course. But that's just not a word that we use as time has gone on. Things have changed since the '60s in the south."[41][42][43][44] Deen said she employed the term when telling her husband about an incident “when a black man burst into the bank that I was working at and put a gun to my head. I didn’t feel real favorable towards him,” Deen said of the bank robber.[42]

Deen also admitted she was sure that she’d used the word since that incident. Jackson’s attorney responded by asking Deen to explain how the N-word might be used in a “non-mean way.” Specifically, Deen said she probably used the word while repeating a conversation between blacks. She also said that her family, including Hiers, do not discriminate against any race and object to the N word “being used in any cruel or mean behavior.” Deen also described wedding plans for her brother with a "true Southern plantation-style theme". She planned to employ black male servers to represent slaves in the antebellum era, although she denied having used the word "******" when discussing the wedding waitstaff.[45]

As a result of the controversy, Food Network announced that it would not renew her contract when it expired at the end of June 2013

Paula Deen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

oh yeah, she's great publicity for the Food Network.

Racial discrimination controversy

Lisa Jackson, a former employee of restaurants owned by Deen and her brother, Earl "Bubba" Hiers, filed a lawsuit alleging racial and sexual discrimination. (Jackson is white.)[37] In a story initially reported by the National Enquirer,[38][39][40] Deen stated in her deposition that she has used the "N-word" at times, saying "Yes, of course. But that's just not a word that we use as time has gone on. Things have changed since the '60s in the south."[41][42][43][44] Deen said she employed the term when telling her husband about an incident “when a black man burst into the bank that I was working at and put a gun to my head. I didn’t feel real favorable towards him,” Deen said of the bank robber.[42]

Deen also admitted she was sure that she’d used the word since that incident. Jackson’s attorney responded by asking Deen to explain how the N-word might be used in a “non-mean way.” Specifically, Deen said she probably used the word while repeating a conversation between blacks. She also said that her family, including Hiers, do not discriminate against any race and object to the N word “being used in any cruel or mean behavior.” Deen also described wedding plans for her brother with a "true Southern plantation-style theme". She planned to employ black male servers to represent slaves in the antebellum era, although she denied having used the word "******" when discussing the wedding waitstaff.[45]

As a result of the controversy, Food Network announced that it would not renew her contract when it expired at the end of June 2013

Paula Deen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

oh yeah, she's great publicity for the Food Network.

oh sure....after the gun dances around YOUR head you will refer to him as that damn 'African American'......how PC of you...

oh sure....after the gun dances around YOUR head you will refer to him as that damn 'African American'......how PC of you...

just because you call black people "*******", doesn't mean I do.

so Paula Deen is different than saintly YOU.....however she doesn't deserve to be hung out to dry for her choice of words....or is 'choice' only reserved for when you liberals want an abortion....?

The OP is a lie.

This woman didn't just call black people "*******" 50 years ago.

This is about her RECENT behavior and RECENT comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back