Should fed/st government workers be paid median salary, with no benefits or vacation

Should Fed/State workers be paid median income (no benefits, vacation, etc)

• Yes

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 75.0%

• Total voters
We should mandate a one month paid vacation after one year of work, like every other modern country excep Canada. And raise the min wage to $11 for all over 21, rises to follow inflation. Proven NOT to hurt the economy.

Really? Where is your proof that such nonsense doesn't hurt an economy?

How about we get rid of the Federal work force that serves no Constitutionally valid purpose and go from there?

Cool

NASA, US Air Force, Food and Drug Administration, EPA

Founding Fathers knew best

We should mandate a one month paid vacation after one year of work, like every other modern country excep Canada. And raise the min wage to $11 for all over 21, rises to follow inflation. Proven NOT to hurt the economy.

Well Oz and NZ have $15 and $13, and their economies are great. If we had a month paid vacation after a year, maybe HS grad Pub dupes could see the world and not be such dumbazz screwables...by the time they get a vacation, they're tied down, bitter ugly american haters...lol

Well Oz and NZ have $15 and $13, and their economies are great. If we had a month paid vacation after a year, maybe HS grad Pub dupes could see the world and not be such dumbazz screwables...by the time they get a vacation, they're tied down, bitter ugly american haters...lol

Now tell us about the immigration policies of OZ and NZ.

there are more people in the State i live in than both those Countries put together Frankie.....yea must be real easy to get certain things done.....and if you want those HS grads to see the world.....tell them to join the fucking Navy Frankie....

If not working a month doesn't hurt the economy, then that person wasn't doing any work to improve the economy and should find a useful job.

I guess no one should have a vacation. Pub dupe "common sense"!

there are more people in the State i live in than both those Countries put together Frankie.....yea must be real easy to get certain things done.....and if you want those HS grads to see the world.....tell them to join the fucking Navy Frankie....

More hater dupe "common sense"...Please explain what population has to do with anything. Seems to be the last argument when they're beaten...or why should they have it better than me? Unbelievable...

Well, they're not idiotic. Like Pubs loving cheap labor, so they refuse a good SS ID card, and distract the dupes with useless fences and unconstitutional, useless laws to harass the illegals...Perfect hater dupes of the greedy idiot rich...

Government employees used to be paid less than private sector employees because of their greater job security and protective civil service rules. With the advent of public employee labor unions and their ability to make political donations, government employees are now compensated 150%-200% more than their private sector counterparts, especially when retirement benefits are included.

Don't feel too bad about teachers and firemen (who only work part time) or police officers (who routinely pad their salaries with overtime pay).

More hater dupe "common sense"...Please explain what population has to do with anything. Seems to be the last argument when they're beaten...or why should they have it better than me? Unbelievable...

what population has to do with anything?....try managing a Country our size with 300 million plus people as compared to 20 million in Oz or NZ with 4-5 Million....tell me that it it is just as easy here to get things done as it is there.....give me a good laugh Frankie....

Well, they're not idiotic. Like Pubs loving cheap labor, so they refuse a good SS ID card, and distract the dupes with useless fences and unconstitutional, useless laws to harass the illegals...Perfect hater dupes of the greedy idiot rich...

i told you before Frankie you dumb ass....a SS ID card does not work in Cal.....you bring it up....and the Far Lefties here call you a Racist....you know the Far Lefties?.....the people that have your mindset and have destroyed California......

Good luck trying to immigrate to NZ...it's nearly impossible. If you want to flood the U.S. with millions of immigrants, supply and demand are going to lower labor costs. Throw in welfare, UI, and food stamps, and that's a recipe for financial insolvency.

OZ, btw, has a "trainee" rate that is below the minimum wage.

Government employees used to be paid less than private sector employees because of their greater job security and protective civil service rules. With the advent of public employee labor unions and their ability to make political donations, government employees are now compensated 150%-200% more than their private sector counterparts, especially when retirement benefits are included.

Don't feel too bad about teachers and firemen (who only work part time) or police officers (who routinely pad their salaries with overtime pay).

and protective civil service rules

yea they work.....the PO used to follow them ....they would go around them anytime it benefited them......

government employees are now compensated 150%-200% more than their private sector counterparts

really?....the UPS guy made about $5.00 an hour more than me and they had Teamster Benefits.....where the hell do you people dig this shit up.....150%?.....:eusa_eh:

If it makes you feel any better, the Federal and State workforce has much higher quality employees than they used to. I remember trying to hire engineers in the 90s to work for the Federal Government. I was literally laughed at as prospective engineers were paid more than I was making. I used to tell them about the retirement, benefits and something called job security and they told me....I'd rather have the money

Today, good quality people are flocking to government employment. They have seen the layoffs and how they were treated in the private sector. The result is evident with good people doing good work

Yes, you get what you pay for

If it makes you feel any better, the Federal and State workforce has much higher quality employees than they used to. I remember trying to hire engineers in the 90s to work for the Federal Government. I was literally laughed at as prospective engineers were paid more than I was making. I used to tell them about the retirement, benefits and something called job security and they told me....I'd rather have the money

Today, good quality people are flocking to government employment. They have seen the layoffs and how they were treated in the private sector. The result is evident with good people doing good work

You do not get what you pay for as far as government is concerned.

I do not get more from the fucking government because I pay more for it.

As in life, you get what you pay for

Government is no different

Funny I don't get anywhere near the value from government for my money that I get from the private sector.

In fact I have to pay way more for the exact same shit for which other people pay much less or nothing at all.

So I really don't get what I pay for when government is concerned. In fact I am paying for what other people get.

We may not agree on much, but we can agree on this.

The filthy grifting scum in government need a wakeup call. Reagan gave them HUGE payraises as he tripled the debt, plus COLAs. Are government services better today?

No. They are not. Anyone who believes they are doesn't remember when local politics meant something, up through the middle 1970s.

Studies show that the least competent people have the highest opinion of their own competence.

Studies show that the least competent people have the highest opinion of their own competence.

72.8% of statistics on the Internet are made up on the spot

Forum List

Back