Should Federal Officials be tried for Treason for aiding Al Qaeda?

Should federal officials be tried for treason?

• Total voters
I don't think banning would work. But it isn't unreasonable for the US to do what every other country on the planet already does in terms of vetting new immigrants for security threats. Put the NSA to good use for a change and find out who they are first.

First, we would have to alter historical records to acknowledge that Reagan was guilty of treason for arming Iran. See how "conservative" opinions would change then.

??? We were at war with Iran? I must have been partying for 8 years. Missed that one. I am sure Congress slipped a declaration of war in there when I was hung over.

December 6, 1985: Reagan Ignores Warning that Iran Arms Deals Are Illegal
Edit event

Defense Secretary Caspar Weinberger, who has opposed the arms-for-hostage deal with Iran from the outset, warns President Reagan that the arms transfers are patently illegal under the Arms Export Control Act (see 1981). Weinberger later says, “There was no way in which this kind of transfer could be made if that particular act governed.” According to Secretary of State George Shultz, who is also present, Reagan answers, “Well, the American people would never forgive me if I failed to get these hostages out over this legal question.” [New Yorker, 11/2/1992]

Iran-Contra and Arms-for-Hostages Scandals: Ronald Reagan

first, we would have to alter historical records to acknowledge that reagan was guilty of treason for arming iran. See how "conservative" opinions would change then.

Reagan is dead

Are you going to dig him up and give him a posthumous trial?
Cadaver Synod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jean_Paul_Laurens_Le_Pape_Formose_et_Etienne_VII_1870.jpg

We could drag his bones behind a pickup truck on the 4th of July.

What does this have to do with the topic at hand?

You do realize it's Republicans and neo-cons voting yes in your poll, right?

Your point? You liberals are willing to let them get by with it. Hence three votes no. You do realize that you have no room to talk anymore about how Republicans love war, right?

I would expect a partisan hack like you to completely ignore the fact that I'm opposed to Syrian intervention, the same way I was opposed to the Iraq war. Or the fact that I have stated many times I supported Ron Paul and Gary Johnson, while your war-monger party was voting for "bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran", and "tell which stance you want me to take" Romney.

First, we would have to alter historical records to acknowledge that Reagan was guilty of treason for arming Iran. See how "conservative" opinions would change then.

??? We were at war with Iran? I must have been partying for 8 years. Missed that one. I am sure Congress slipped a declaration of war in there when I was hung over.

Edit event

Defense Secretary Caspar Weinberger, who has opposed the arms-for-hostage deal with Iran from the outset, warns President Reagan that the arms transfers are patently illegal under the Arms Export Control Act (see 1981). Weinberger later says, “There was no way in which this kind of transfer could be made if that particular act governed.” According to Secretary of State George Shultz, who is also present, Reagan answers, “Well, the American people would never forgive me if I failed to get these hostages out over this legal question.” [New Yorker, 11/2/1992]

What Moonblow fails to tell you was that almost everyone was cleared of wrongdoing in the Iran Contra scandal. Moonblow, shut your trap. Nobody went to jail over it.

Oliver North and John Poindexter had their charges vacated. Reagan was cleared of wrongdoing. Everyone else was pardoned. You should try reading the Tower Commission report sometime. Actually, how about now.

Iran Contra Committee Key Findings

This is why I serious think about telling the middle east to go fuck themselves.
1. Ban islam from coming to America
2. Close the fucking borders
3. and focus on infrastructure, science and tech here in America...

Part of me seriously thinks about those first 2 as there's no winning within that shit hole. We don't want the problem follow us here either.

Science and tech. Be careful what you wish for. The study of science would lead students to find out that global warming is man made. Then you teabaggers would have to ban science along with islam

Edit event

What Moonblow fails to tell you was that almost everyone was cleared of wrongdoing in the Iran Contra scandal. Moonblow, shut your trap. Nobody went to jail over it.

Oliver North and John Poindexter had their charges vacated. Reagan was cleared of wrongdoing. Everyone else was pardoned. You should try reading the Tower Commission report sometime. Actually, how about now.

What you fail to mention is that most had their sentences vacated due to technicalities. They were never absolved of any wrongdoing. The rest of them were pardoned by then vice president George Bush, who himself has been implicated in the entire affair.

Edit event

Make me shut up. I have just as much right as you to say what ever is with in TOS.

Last edited:

Edit event

I still can't find this declaration of war in there. Help me out moony...if we are going to hang Reagan for treason, we need something more than a Holder gun running operation.

What you fail to mention is that most had their sentences vacated due to technicalities. They were never absolved of any wrongdoing. The rest of them were pardoned by then vice president George Bush, who himself has been implicated in the entire affair.

So, the court of law only works if it convicts instead of acquits a conservative? Poindexter's and North's sentences were vacated because their 5th Amendment rights had been violated. Reagan was cleared of wrongdoing by the Tower Commission. It only went as far as to say that the President should have known what was going on under his nose, it did not implicate him in any explicit wrongdoing.

Last edited:

Make me shut up. I have just as much right as you to say what ever is with in TOS.

You are a cancer on this board, Moonblow. You spread disinformation like an arsonist in a wheat field. I don't think you have the right to mislead people, Moonblow, regardless of what the TOS might say. I find people like you contemptible.

This is why I serious think about telling the middle east to go fuck themselves.
1. Ban islam from coming to America
2. Close the fucking borders
3. and focus on infrastructure, science and tech here in America...

Part of me seriously thinks about those first 2 as there's no winning within that shit hole. We don't want the problem follow us here either.

Science and tech. Be careful what you wish for. The study of science would lead students to find out that global warming is man made. Then you teabaggers would have to ban science along with islam

and you honestly think that extremist islam cares about science??? No, all they give a damn about is keeping girls out of the class room and burning books that aren't the Koran.

So, the court of law only works if it convicts instead of acquits a conservative? Poindexter's and North's sentences were vacated because their 5th Amendment rights had been violated. Reagan was cleared of wrongdoing by the Tower Commission. It only went as far as to say that the President should have known what was going on under his nose, it did not implicate him in any explicit wrongdoing.

The fact that their convictions were vacated doesn't make them innocent. In fact they admitted to it.

Oliver North himself even said "Ronald Reagan knew of and approved a great deal of what went on with both the Iranian initiative and private efforts on behalf of the contras and he received regular, detailed briefings on both...I have no doubt that he was told about the use of residuals for the Contras, and that he approved it. Enthusiastically."

Reagan's own vice president stated in his diaries that he was "one of the few people that know fully the details", and later pardoned those who were convicted.

You can play the partisan hack all you want, but don't pretend for a second that anybody involved was innocent.

sure, after we try and convict all the Republicans who helped the Islamist extremist Mujahadeen in Afghanistan during the 80s and 90s.

sure, after we try and convict all the Republicans who helped the Islamist extremist Mujahadeen in Afghanistan during the 80s and 90s.

People like TempleKormac pretend to be libertarians, but watch him dance around defending Reagan in this topic. People like him only care when a Democrat does it.

Forum List

Back