• I don't care

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY
All this talk about gay marriage has me curious as to what the board feels about what I believe is a much more crucial issue.

I say hell to the no !

All this talk about gay marriage has me curious as to what the board feels about what I believe is a much more crucial issue.

I say hell to the no !

Of course. I adopted our daughter. And the state had no problem with it.

correct me if I'm wrong, but most states would have a problem with it?

Yes.. because MOST ANY family is better than no family.. are there preferences?? Of course... I would rather have a kid with very attentive, well to do mother and father who can give all the love and attention possible with no emotional issues or whatever... but that is not always the case and you cannot just wait for the perfect case... Does couple X qualify more than couple Y?? Yes, then they get first dibs... Next kid up, next family up.. see what comes next... and if some 10 year old kid who would otherwise not have a family now has a gay family, all well and good... if some gay couple uses a private agency and gets a kid from country Z to adopt, MORE POWER TO THEM!!!! Great for that kid...

In all seriousness though.. I would say yes.

While I may not necessarily consider homosexuality to be "normal," a loving and caring gay couple would be a much better fit for a child than an orphanage or abusive straight parents.

Last edited:
I could imagine how having two gay parents would put an incredible amount of emotion stress on a child and have him/her grow up with a terrible complex.

I say hell to the no !

That is changing bit by bit. Our daughter is 18 now, but we had a list of states we were not visiting when she was a minor.

That is changing bit by bit. Our daughter is 18 now, but we had a list of states we were not visiting when she was a minor.

I'm sure the arrangement is great for your daughter, but the reality is this society isn't 100% tolerant of everything and everyone. Do you see any negative aspects to gay couples adopting?

I say hell to the no !
It doesn't matter what you want. They already are.

NEXT??!!!

I'm sure the arrangement is great for your daughter, but the reality is this society isn't 100% tolerant of everything and everyone. Do you see any negative aspects to gay couples adopting?

No.

You're too late. We can already adopt in most states.

I'm not saying I don't believe you, but do you have a link? When I checked I found a majority of the states didn't permit it.

No.

You're thinking about your own selfish feelings and not the child.

You're too late. We can already adopt in most states.

I'm not saying I don't believe you, but do you have a link? When I checked I found a majority of the states didn't permit it.

Which States Allow Lesbian and Gay Couples to Adopt Jointly?
California, the District of Columbia, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Rhode Island*, Vermont, Washington, and Wisconsin.

Lesbian and Gay Rights - Gay Adoption Rights

That's the link I looked at too. The Last I checked that isn't a majority.

Forum List

Back