Should GOP Rep. Vance McAllister of Louisiana Resign?

Should Vance McAllister Resign

• Total voters
I heard his wife is divorcing him .. that'll hurt his political future.

(CNN) – The husband of the woman caught making out with Rep. Vance McAllister said the Louisiana Republican destroyed his life and marriage.

Heath Peacock said he didn't know about the episode until Melissa called him a couple hours before the news broke.

"He has wrecked my life," Peacock, 34, said of McAllister. "We're headed for divorce."

First on CNN: Husband on kissing congressman: ?He has wrecked my life? ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

"He has wrecked my life"? I thought he exchanged vows with the woman?

I heard his wife is divorcing him .. that'll hurt his political future.

(CNN) – The husband of the woman caught making out with Rep. Vance McAllister said the Louisiana Republican destroyed his life and marriage.

Heath Peacock said he didn't know about the episode until Melissa called him a couple hours before the news broke.

"He has wrecked my life," Peacock, 34, said of McAllister. "We're headed for divorce."

First on CNN: Husband on kissing congressman: ?He has wrecked my life? ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

"He has wrecked my life"? I thought he exchanged vows with the woman?

lol he did. It's funny how a spouse will blame the lover and not their wife for the affair. Peacock's wife made the decision to screw around with McAllister. Seems as if McAllister's wife is blaming the right person if divorce rumors are true.

I'd like to know if there is any truth to the blackmail story about his manager Leah Gordon. Kinda weird if she was the one who threatened to leak the tape to his opponent from the election, but instead leaked it to the press . I wonder why she would do that? I wonder if SHE may have found out he was cheating on her too and ended up being the scorned woman?

I can't figure why she would leak this tape after trying so hard to get him elected unless there may have been something between them as well.

Last edited:
I will say the same thing about him I said about Anthony Weiner he's not my rep if the people he represents want him to stay fine if they want him to step down fine. To be perfectly honest if every politician who had a affair resigned we would be having special elections every few months.

I will say the same thing about him I said about Anthony Weiner he's not my rep if the people he represents want him to stay fine if they want him to step down fine. To be perfectly honest if every politician who had a affair resigned we would be having special elections every few months.
Really?

That's cool.

You might want to check out this thread...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/349182-should-a-politician-pander-for-religious-votes.html

I'd love to get your take on that.

He oughta resign.

Exactly like Slick Willie Clinton did when he was caught out.

Exactly!

Oh, wait! He already has!

You people don't know what HYPOCRITE means.

It's just a word you seem to pull out of your respective anuses when you're good and ready.

There's nothing hypocritical about a politician who DIDN'T RUN on "family values" falling short of family values.

When are you going to get it through your thick skulls?!?!?

Last edited:
obama ran on principles he broke...yet...you aren't calling for him to resign

do you believe clinton should have resigned?
Clinton was 20 years ago.

Interesting that you'd bring it up today in a failed attempt to defend this cheating RWer.

Again, you missed my reason.

I said because he ran on principles which he broke.

Clinton didn't run on religious nor moral principles, therefore it doesn't apply.

Can you cherry pick it any better?

If his constituents re-elect him it's their choice...

It's abuse of The English Language to use "Clinton" and "principles" in the same paragraph, let alone the same sentence!

It's just a word you seem to pull out of your respective anuses.

There's nothing hypocritical about a politician who DIDN'T RUN on "family values" falling short of family values.

So let's make this clear, you can cheat on your spouse as long as you don't proclaim to be a Christian?

If your a Christian you have to be perfect, Muslim not so much...

So let's make this clear, you can cheat on your spouse as long as you don't proclaim to be a Christian?

No one ever said that.

I'm simply stating it's NOT HYPOCRITICAL.

GEDITT!?!?

I voted no, tell ya what you liberal piece of dog crap, when you support making your ACTUAL criminals, you know guys that BREAK US law, resign I might change my mind.

No one ever said that.

I'm simply stating it's NOT HYPOCRITICAL.

GEDITT!?!?

It's hypocritical to the majority, you on the other hand...

Really?

That's cool.

You might want to check out this thread...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/349182-should-a-politician-pander-for-religious-votes.html

I'd love to get your take on that.

Is it anymore right to pander for non religious votes? Is it right to pander for women's votes by telling them Roe V Wade will be taken away if they vote Republican? What about Hispanics by telling them their families will be broken up through deportation? How about pandering for black votes by saying rich white people are oppressing them? You see all politicians Dem and Rep pander for votes so if you say politicians shouldn't pander to this or that group to try and get votes where do you draw the line how do you decide who it is and isn't acceptable to pander to? I would also point out depending on ones viewpoint one persons pandering for votes is another ones campaigning for them.

Is it anymore right to pander for non religious votes? Is it right to pander for women's votes by telling them Roe V Wade will be taken away if they vote Republican? What about Hispanics by telling them their families will be broken up through deportation? How about pandering for black votes by saying rich white people are oppressing them? You see all politicians Dem and Rep pander for votes so if you say politicians shouldn't pander to this or that group to try and get votes where do you draw the line how do you decide who it is and isn't acceptable to pander to? I would also point out depending on ones viewpoint one persons pandering for votes is another ones campaigning for them.
OK, no problem. Then you agree with me that if you're going to pander to the religious vote, then you should uphold and live by those religious virtues you pandered to.

And if/when you fail to meet them should be punished for them.

You do agree with me on that right?

OK, no problem. Then you agree with me that if you're going to pander to the religious vote, then you should uphold and live by those religious virtues you pandered to.

And if/when you fail to meet them should be punished for them.

You do agree with me on that right?
If you agree that if those who pander for non religious votes like I describe can't provide any concrete indisputable proof of their claims that they should be punished for it as well.

obama ran on principles he broke...yet...you aren't calling for him to resign

do you believe clinton should have resigned?
Clinton was 20 years ago.

Interesting that you'd bring it up today in a failed attempt to defend this cheating RWer.

Again, you missed my reason.

I said because he ran on principles which he broke.

Clinton didn't run on religious nor moral principles, therefore it doesn't apply.

Can you cherry pick it any better?

If his constituents re-elect him it's their choice...

Agreed. It's up to the local electorate. And finally somebody put up a link to explain what this is all about. The OP gave no clue.

I just can't get excited about this soap opera shit. One's extramarital affairs have nothing to do with legislating. The guy sounds like a complete poser and an asshole, but that's for his voters to take into account. It's hypocritical to claim one guy has to go because he's the party I don't like but another guy with the same baggage doesn't because he's on my side. Either it's a factor in his job, or it isn't. So I voted no.

Actually I see a parallel here with the Firefox guy. The CEO took a position I don't like, so he's gotta resign from a totally unrelated position? Don't think so.

As I liked to put it when our demagogues made us an international laughingstock in the Clinton thing -- if Ralph Kramden is boinking his neighbor Trixie, that's got nothing to do with his ability to drive the bus, so I'm still ridin'. There's the professional, and then there's the personal. Blurring that distinction is just less than honest. So should this guy resign? Maybe, but not on that basis.

The politicians pandering for religious vote is a worthy topic though, thanks for that. :thup:

Last edited:
The rest of the local GOP party members want him gone folks.

That should tell you something.

Forum List

Back