Should LGBT people be allowed to adopt kids?

If you have such strong evidence, then show me a verse where God specifically states that he hates gays.
Lev 20:13, and Romans 6:9-10. Kill gays, and gays can't get into heaven.

Can you say this prayer with me? "God/Jesus, if you don't allow ethical gays into heaven, then please change your ways and allow them into heaven and avoid hell, because I love gays. Thanks"
Again, that's condemning a sin. I already answered you on this very same page.

Romans 6:9-10 9For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. 10The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.

Has literally nothing to do with homos.
I meant to pick the one below that, sorry:
1 Corinthians 6:9 "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,"
The unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God is pretty straightforward. Not sure what's confusing you about that verse.
Gays are not "unrighteous"! Gay activity is perfectly legal in sane/caring nations....apparently the magic place up in the sky is not a sane/caring nation, so I wouldn't want to go there - my ethics won't let me.

Jewish law was not kind to Homosexuals,......
In other words, god got it wrong.
I already explained the difference between Jewish Law and the New Testament. Don't try too hard to think, you may hurt yourself. For any future confusion, please reread the last few pages, you're just arguing in circles now.
Yes, the NT was needed because the OT got so much stuff wrong. Also, the OT didn't instill as much fear into people, since "Sheol" was not scary enough, so Revelation ("hell" in the NT) was invented to instill more fear in people to get them to pony up the dough.
Showing more of your "live in peace with everyone" bullshit I see.

I already explained the difference between Jewish Law and the New Testament. Don't try too hard to think, you may hurt yourself. For any future confusion, please reread the last few pages, you're just arguing in circles now.
Yes, the NT was needed because the OT got so much stuff wrong. Also, the OT didn't instill as much fear into people, since "Sheol" was not scary enough, so Revelation ("hell" in the NT) was invented to instill more fear in people to get them to pony up the dough.
Obviously I want to live in peace with everyone, because I just said this prayer....can you say it as well, Weatherman2020?
"God/Jesus, it would help world peace if you would come down and say that you're going to allow ethical people of ALL religions into heaven and avoid hell - please do that. Thanks".

Are you into peace enough to say that, Weatherman2020?

Obviously I want to live in peace with everyone, because I just said this prayer....can you say it as well, Weatherman2020?
"God/Jesus, it would help world peace if you would come down and say that you're going to allow ethical people of ALL religions into heaven and avoid hell - please do that. Thanks".

Typical delusional hatemonger. Has no clue to any theology other than his own hate for anything good.

Typical delusional hatemonger. Has no clue to any theology other than his own hate for anything good.
I believe in you, Weatherman - I believe that someday you'll not reject saying this loving prayer like you did, but rather will proudly say it like we do...you'll choose love over hate:

I believe in you, Weatherman - I believe that someday you'll not reject saying this loving prayer like you did, but rather will proudly say it like we do...you'll choose love over hate:
Typical leftist hatemonger who hates anything good in the world.

Actually, I'm of the opinion that I love even more than you do (and I do think you are a loving person.) Let's test that: If I were in Jesus' all-powerful shoes I'd come down today and educate the world that Christianity (assuming that Jesus/Bible are true) is the one correct religion - Jesus ("Isa") is the messiah in both Christianity and Islam - and that way this deadly Global War that we are in would most likely stop because the Jihadis would then know that Islam/Jihad will NOT get them a good afterlife, of course.

Would YOU do that if you had Jesus' all-powerful skills, Weatherman2020? I would, because I love humanity enough to do that. If you can't say you'd do that, then you might want to check into a more loving belief system, such as Scientific Humanism.

Have a great afternoon.

Last edited:

Actually, I'm of the opinion that I love even more than you do (and I do think you are a loving person.) Let's test that: If I were in Jesus' all-powerful shoes I'd come down today and educate the world that Christianity (assuming that Jesus/Bible are true) is the one correct religion - Jesus ("Isa") is the messiah in both Christianity and Islam - and that way this deadly Global War that we are in would most likely stop because the Jihadis would then know that Islam/Jihad will NOT get them a good afterlife, of course.

Would YOU do that if you had Jesus' all-powerful skills, Weatherman2020? I would, because I love humanity enough to do that. If you can't say you'd do that, then you might want to check into a more loving belief system, such as Scientific Humanism.

Have a great afternoon.
upload_2017-4-18_15-17-13.png

Have a great afternoon.
View attachment 122246
Deflectors gonna deflect.

Have a great afternoon.
View attachment 122246
This is love, not hatred, my friend.
Repeated for clarity: If I were in Jesus' all-powerful shoes I'd come down today and educate the world that Christianity (assuming that Jesus/Bible are true) is the one correct religion

Have a great afternoon.
View attachment 122246
Repeated for clarity: If I were in Jesus' all-powerful shoes I'd come down today and educate the world that Christianity (assuming that Jesus/Bible are true) is the one correct religion
More attacks by the hatemonger. Tsk tsk, so filled with hate.
comply.jpg

You know, I find it funny as hell when Christians use Leviticus as a way to say that God hates gays, because Leviticus is actually a manual for Jewish priests.

That's why it's called Leviticus, because it was named for the Levi's who were the priest class of Israel. The reason (probably), that it says if a man lies with another man they should both be put to death is because the priest class isn't supposed to do stuff like that in the Temple, where they lived.

And then, using Romans as a way to say Jesus hates gays is kinda messed up as well, because Jesus didn't write or say anything in Romans, it was Paul who wrote that. And Paul had some pretty strange ideas about marriage and sex as well.

Face it y'all..............Jesus never said anything about Himself or God hating gays, and since y'all seem to think it's pretty important (even though it's only mentioned in the Bible 5 times), wouldn't Jesus who you Christians think is God Himself (He's not, He's His Son), have mentioned it at least in passing if it was so important?

Me? I think it's a way for Christians to be prejudiced against anyone they deem as "different". Many other religions make room for gays, so why can't Christianity?

Have a great afternoon.
View attachment 122246
More attacks by the hatemonger. Tsk tsk, so filled with hate.
View attachment 122247
Do you LOVE me enough to remove the parts of your Bible that imply that a non-believer like me will go to "hell", and not get into "heaven"? That would be the loving thing to do, and no one can argue against that being a loving thing.

I love YOU enough, that if any religious texts of mine said that YOU would burn forever, I'd improve those texts - because I care about you, Weatherman2020. Can you reciprocate my love for you?

By the way, don't forget that King David had a LEGALLY RECOGNIZED UNION with his best friend Jonathan.

David and Jonathan

There is an extensive and very sympathetic description of a same-sex relationship in the Bible, the story of David and Jonathan, e.g.: 1 Samuel 18:1-5, 1 Samuel 19:1-7, 1 Samuel 20:30-42, 2 Samuel 1:25-6. While their bond is described as non-sexual, it is difficult to characterize it as purely one of friendship.

Jonathan was the son of Saul, David's nemesis. Their souls are described as 'knit together'. David and Jonathan 'made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul.' The word convenant is significant, because in the Tanach this word always implies a formal legal agreement. To mark this convenant, Jonathan literally gives David the clothes off of his back, as well as other gifts such as weapons.

Later in the narrative, Jonathan successfully intercedes with Saul to spare David's life. At their last meeing, 1 Samuel 20:41, they are described as kissing one another and weeping together. David's grief at Jonathan's death is profound and moving. In Davids lament for Jonathan he describes their friendship as '(sur)passing the love of women'. This elegy, 2 Samuel 1:18-27. known as 'the Bow,' is one of the most beloved passages in the Hebrew Bible.

This narrative far outweighs the two trivial aspersions against same-sex love in Leviticus. The bigots who use the Bible to assault gays are apparently blind to it.

LGBT Texts

You know, I find it funny as hell when Christians use Leviticus as a way to say that God hates gays, because Leviticus is actually a manual for Jewish priests.

That's why it's called Leviticus, because it was named for the Levi's who were the priest class of Israel. The reason (probably), that it says if a man lies with another man they should both be put to death is because the priest class isn't supposed to do stuff like that in the Temple, where they lived.

And then, using Romans as a way to say Jesus hates gays is kinda messed up as well, because Jesus didn't write or say anything in Romans, it was Paul who wrote that. And Paul had some pretty strange ideas about marriage and sex as well.

Face it y'all..............Jesus never said anything about Himself or God hating gays, and since y'all seem to think it's pretty important (even though it's only mentioned in the Bible 5 times), wouldn't Jesus who you Christians think is God Himself (He's not, He's His Son), have mentioned it at least in passing if it was so important?

Me? I think it's a way for Christians to be prejudiced against anyone they deem as "different". Many other religions make room for gays, so why can't Christianity?
Christians lack the moral backbone to remove the anti-gay verses from their Bible.

God made it clear.
2 refer to rape (Genesis 19:5, Judges 19:22)
3 refer to intercourse between men (Leviticus 18:21-22, Leviticus 20:13, Romans 1:27)
1 refers to intercourse between women (Romans 1:26)
1 refers to prostitution and possibly pederasty (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)
1 is general in nature (1 Timothy 1:8-10)

By the way, don't forget that King David had a LEGALLY RECOGNIZED UNION with his best friend Jonathan.

David and Jonathan

There is an extensive and very sympathetic description of a same-sex relationship in the Bible, the story of David and Jonathan, e.g.: 1 Samuel 18:1-5, 1 Samuel 19:1-7, 1 Samuel 20:30-42, 2 Samuel 1:25-6. While their bond is described as non-sexual, it is difficult to characterize it as purely one of friendship.

Jonathan was the son of Saul, David's nemesis. Their souls are described as 'knit together'. David and Jonathan 'made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul.' The word convenant is significant, because in the Tanach this word always implies a formal legal agreement. To mark this convenant, Jonathan literally gives David the clothes off of his back, as well as other gifts such as weapons.

Later in the narrative, Jonathan successfully intercedes with Saul to spare David's life. At their last meeing, 1 Samuel 20:41, they are described as kissing one another and weeping together. David's grief at Jonathan's death is profound and moving. In Davids lament for Jonathan he describes their friendship as '(sur)passing the love of women'. This elegy, 2 Samuel 1:18-27. known as 'the Bow,' is one of the most beloved passages in the Hebrew Bible.

This narrative far outweighs the two trivial aspersions against same-sex love in Leviticus. The bigots who use the Bible to assault gays are apparently blind to it.

LGBT Texts
You are correct that the Bible is so confusing, so unclear, so contradictory, that it's not from some "god".
I think we can all agree that if the all-powerful, all-caring, creator of everything (god/Jesus) was actually real that he'd have taken time out of his busy schedule of creating deadly acts of god (killer floods, killer tornadoes, etc.) to come down and educate us as to what the real answer was. Instead of making us look like fools because his "word" is so incredibly unclear.

Christians lack the moral backbone to remove the anti-gay verses from their Bible.
upload_2017-4-18_15-34-53.png

You know, I don't think they should remove them, they should just put them in a proper context, which is currently outdated. Not only do we know that gay animals exist in nature, but we also now know that how the brain is structured has a great deal to do with a person's sexuality.

Breaking News, Analysis, Politics, Blogs, News Photos, Video, Tech Reviews - TIME.com

David and Jonathan

LGBT Texts
You are correct that the Bible is so confusing, so unclear, so contradictory, that it's not from some "god".
I think we can all agree that if the all-powerful, all-caring, creator of everything (god/Jesus) was actually real that he'd have taken time out of his busy schedule of creating deadly acts of god (killer floods, killer tornadoes, etc.) to come down and educate us as to what the real answer was. Instead of making us look like fools because his "word" is so incredibly unclear.
upload_2017-4-18_15-35-45.png

Forum List

Back