Should muslims be allowed to be airline pilots?

They were not pilots, however.

Yes they were. They were trained pilots. Did they have enough hours under their belts to be legitimate "pilots?" No, but they easily could have. They were trained enough to know how to operate a plane though.
They weren't pilots.

So, you've come up with one incident of a Muslim pilot committing murder/suicide and apparently not for terrorist reasons, yet you are freaking out over the idea that Muslims might be pilots. There are probably hundreds, if not thousands, of Muslim pilots and not a single one has committed murder/suicide in the name of religion.

Yes, they were pilots. They were trained and they had flight hours accumulated. They had enough training to know exactly what to do in the cockpit.
Cool. I can put a bandaid on someone so I must be a doctor.

What a silly and ridiculous analogy. In order to even OPERATE an aircraft, you must know what you are doing.
No, it's a perfect analogy. They couldn't get a jet to take off or land. They could steer it into a building.

I can't sew someone's head back together, but I can put a bandaid on them.

So if they were pilots, I'm a doctor.

The Russian ones are probably not Muslim. The other one, probably also not Muslim. I am certainly not siding with these idiots who say most pilot suicides have been Muslims, but my point is that the information we have does not pinpoint any of the pilots' religions. That's all.

It doesn't matter what their religion is.
Islam is a culture of violence. If you could consider it a religion, it would be the religion of the Devil.

Oh gee, we have another "loving Christian" spreading the love. Whether or not you subscribe to Islam, you don't get to discriminate against its followers in this country. The Constitutions says you don't. Now, if you don't like our Constitution, I suggest you lobby for an amendment that changes it (good luck with that) or else find a "faith-based" country more to your liking. I understand the Theocratic Republic of Iran might take you in.
The Constitution doesn't give Muslims the right to pilot aircraft. It's not surprising how many of you Leftists think it does.

The Constitution and the civil rights act doesn't allow discrimination in the workplace based on one's faith. The SCOTUS has upheld this many times. Get over it. Are you now going to tell our military that they cannot allow Muslims to fly our military aircraft? Because that would leave it short-handed for whatever the next war is you hawks have in mind.
The Constitution does, the unconstitutional civil rights act does not. Nothing in the Constitution applies to private businesses or empowers the federal government to regulate who private businesses employ. Fail on both counts.

They were not pilots, however.

Yes they were. They were trained pilots. Did they have enough hours under their belts to be legitimate "pilots?" No, but they easily could have. They were trained enough to know how to operate a plane though.
They weren't pilots.

So, you've come up with one incident of a Muslim pilot committing murder/suicide and apparently not for terrorist reasons, yet you are freaking out over the idea that Muslims might be pilots. There are probably hundreds, if not thousands, of Muslim pilots and not a single one has committed murder/suicide in the name of religion.

Yes, they were pilots. They were trained and they had flight hours accumulated. They had enough training to know exactly what to do in the cockpit.

This is disengenius. They were trained to pilot planes yes. But they were most certainly not the pilots of those planes, they were hijackers.

Didn't they get certified as pilots? they were pilots, lets not beat around the bush. Just like if I were to finish bartending school, I am a bartender.

They were "amateur" pilots. They knew enough to know exactly how to control and fly a big huge jet. A person with no training would not know WHAT to do in the cockpit with all of those controls.

They weren't pilots.

This is disengenius. They were trained to pilot planes yes. But they were most certainly not the pilots of those planes, they were hijackers.

Didn't they get certified as pilots? they were pilots, lets not beat around the bush. Just like if I were to finish bartending school, I am a bartender.

In much the same way as bartender school makes you a qualified airline pilot.

Sounds about right.

They weren't pilots.

What a silly and ridiculous analogy. In order to even OPERATE an aircraft, you must know what you are doing.
No, it's a perfect analogy. They couldn't get a jet to take off or land. They could steer it into a building.

NO, it's a stupid analogy. Very stupid and naive.

They weren't pilots.

They were "amateur" pilots. They knew enough to know exactly how to control and fly a big huge jet. A person with no training would not know WHAT to do in the cockpit with all of those controls.

They knew enough to operate the aircraft.

They weren't pilots.

It's disengenius because the actual fears revolve around whether or not we have a right to know a pilot's religion and whether or not that pilot might crash the plane. Come on, you know this.

There are tons of pilots that are certified to fly otherwise.

The 9/11 hijackers were certified tho, were they not?

They weren't pilots.

Sounds about right.

Good thing real pilots don't have to know how to take off or land an aircraft.

They weren't pilots.

American Airlines Flight 77 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The hijackers on American Airlines Flight 77 were led by Hani Hanjour, who piloted the aircraft into the Pentagon.[1] Hanjour first came to the United States in 1990.[2]

Hanjour trained at the CRM Airline Training Center in Scottsdale, Arizona, earning his FAA commercial pilot's certificate in April 1999.[3] He had wanted to be a commercial pilot for the Saudi national airline but was rejected when he applied to the civil aviation school in Jeddah in 1999. Hanjour's brother later explained that, frustrated at not finding a job, Hanjour "increasingly turned his attention toward religious texts and cassette tapes of militant Islamic preachers".[4] Hanjour returned to Saudi Arabia after being certified as a pilot, but left again in late 1999, telling his family that he was going to the United Arab Emirates to work for an airline.[5] Hanjour likely went to Afghanistan, where Al Qaeda recruits were screened for special skills they may have. Already having selected the Hamburg Cell members, Al Qaeda leaders selected Hanjour to lead the fourth team of hijackers.[6]

Sounds about right.

Good thing real pilots don't have to know how to take off or land an aircraft.

Yup.

If I was boarding a plane and realized that the pilot was a Muslim, yes, I would have second thoughts. Now what? Going to call me a "bigot?" Go ahead. I don't really care. THAT is how I really feel.

How many plane crashes have involved Muslim pilots?

In one terrorist incident.
4 planes, 4 Muslim pilots, 4 deadly crashes. My case is made.

Uh huh, 4, 4 ,4 , I'm sure it makes perfect sense to a four year old.

If I was boarding a plane and realized that the pilot was a Muslim, yes, I would have second thoughts. Now what? Going to call me a "bigot?" Go ahead. I don't really care. THAT is how I really feel.

Clearly it doesn't. You still don't get it.

They weren't pilots.

The hijackers on American Airlines Flight 77 were led by Hani Hanjour, who piloted the aircraft into the Pentagon.[1] Hanjour first came to the United States in 1990.[2]

Hanjour trained at the CRM Airline Training Center in Scottsdale, Arizona, earning his FAA commercial pilot's certificate in April 1999.[3] He had wanted to be a commercial pilot for the Saudi national airline but was rejected when he applied to the civil aviation school in Jeddah in 1999. Hanjour's brother later explained that, frustrated at not finding a job, Hanjour "increasingly turned his attention toward religious texts and cassette tapes of militant Islamic preachers".[4] Hanjour returned to Saudi Arabia after being certified as a pilot, but left again in late 1999, telling his family that he was going to the United Arab Emirates to work for an airline.[5] Hanjour likely went to Afghanistan, where Al Qaeda recruits were screened for special skills they may have. Already having selected the Hamburg Cell members, Al Qaeda leaders selected Hanjour to lead the fourth team of hijackers.[6]

Which has exactly what to do with airline pilots? You don't seem to have made that connection.

They weren't pilots.

Sounds about right.

Do we have the right to ask whether a pilot is a qualified bartender?

This could make for a more interesting flight...

Clearly it doesn't. You still don't get it.

Clearly you've never actually thought about anything.

Which has exactly what to do with airline pilots? You don't seem to have made that connection.

Sounds about right.

Seems as though some of the people posting on this thread just got back from a long, boozy flight.

Sounds about right.

Yes.

Sounds about right.

Seems as though some of the people posting on this thread just got back from a long, boozy flight.

Yeah, like yourself who cannot see reality. You are in denial and pathetic.

Forum List

Back