Should Nancy Pelosi be the New Democratic House Speaker?

Oh, please do it...If there is a God in Heaven, please put that senile old fossil out front and center, to represent how truly crusty, decrepit, and intellectually corrupt the Democrat Party is.

Oh, pleasepleasepleaseplease.....:hands::hands::hands:

I think so. I admit that she comes across as somewhat goofy in interviews - but she's experienced, smart, and very effective. She gets results. She remembers Nixon and Watergate. HOWEVER, I believe she should be forced to clarify her positions on how she will lead the House before she is voted on - especially on all things Trump.

What do you think?

No. She holds grudges. I want someone devoted to the people, not someone with vendettas.

I think so. I admit that she comes across as somewhat goofy in interviews - but she's experienced, smart, and very effective. She gets results. She remembers Nixon and Watergate. HOWEVER, I believe she should be forced to clarify her positions on how she will lead the House before she is voted on - especially on all things Trump.

What do you think?
FWIW, I think she's been there way too long:

"Phillip Burton died in 1983 and was succeeded by his wife, Sala. In late 1986, Sala became ill with cancer and decided not to run for reelection in 1988.

"She picked Pelosi as her designated successor, guaranteeing her the support of the Burtons' contacts.[13]

"Sala died on February 1, 1987, just a month after being sworn in for a second full term. Pelosi won the special election to succeed her, narrowly defeating San Francisco Supervisor Harry Britt on April 7, 1987, then easily defeating Republican candidate Harriet Ross on June 2, 1987; Pelosi took office a week later.[14"

Nancy Pelosi - Wikipedia

Pelosi has outlived her usefulness.
Time for some new blood?
tulsi-gabbard-president.jpg

Leading from the Front: Tulsi Gabbard Vows to Reject PAC/Lobbyist Cash – Veterans for Bernie Sanders

If the Democrats are smart they will elect a new Speaker of the House, preferably someone a bit younger and with a bit more charisma; however, they are not and will make her Speaker anyway.

Charisma is nice - but it's no substitute for being effective, smart, seasoned, and knowing important political history.

Yes!

Because nobody can piss off right wing assholes better than Nancy Pelosi.

What do you think?
On the one hand you say Pelosi should be Speaker because you think she is a slick politician but on the other hand you don't trust her judgement on which issues are most important.

I still remember when she said impeachment of President George W. Bush was OFF the table. I don't want Trump to be OFF the table - on anything.
Impeachment hearings would just be a form of harassment and would produce gridlock in the House, so in two years the Democrats who come from purple districts will have to defend their decision to produce gridlock and will give the House back to the Democrats.

What do you think?
On the one hand you say Pelosi should be Speaker because you think she is a slick politician but on the other hand you don't trust her judgement on which issues are most important.

I consider her a "seasoned" politician. I want to know where she stands on the current landscape.
In other words, you don't trust her judgement.

What do you think?

I still remember when she said impeachment of President George W. Bush was OFF the table. I don't want Trump to be OFF the table - on anything.
Impeachment hearings would just be a form of harassment and would produce gridlock in the House, so in two years the Democrats who come from purple districts will have to defend their decision to produce gridlock and will give the House back to the Democrats.

You want to just give Trump and his mafia a free pass?

What do you think?

lol There's nothing the Democrats can do but harass him and produce gridlock that will give the House back to the Republicans.

What do you think?
FWIW, I think she's been there way too long:

"Phillip Burton died in 1983 and was succeeded by his wife, Sala. In late 1986, Sala became ill with cancer and decided not to run for reelection in 1988.

"She picked Pelosi as her designated successor, guaranteeing her the support of the Burtons' contacts.[13]

"Sala died on February 1, 1987, just a month after being sworn in for a second full term. Pelosi won the special election to succeed her, narrowly defeating San Francisco Supervisor Harry Britt on April 7, 1987, then easily defeating Republican candidate Harriet Ross on June 2, 1987; Pelosi took office a week later.[14"

Nancy Pelosi - Wikipedia

Pelosi has outlived her usefulness.
Time for some new blood?
tulsi-gabbard-president.jpg

Leading from the Front: Tulsi Gabbard Vows to Reject PAC/Lobbyist Cash – Veterans for Bernie Sanders

Tulsi Gabbard is an opportunistic asshole. I wouldn't want her near the speakership.
Pelosi sold out decades ago.

Nancy Pelosi- Net Worth - Personal Finances

Nancy Pelosi

with an estimated net worth of $31,378,542 in 2008.

Corporate, Wall Street Democrats who backed the Iraq War and Hillary Clinton are the biggest reason Donald Trump's living in the White House today.

It's time for a progressive alternative to DLC hypocrites like Obama, Clinton, and Pelosi.

What do you think?
No! Maxine should!

What do you think?

lol There's nothing the Democrats can do but harass him and produce gridlock that will give the House back to the Republicans.

How could you possibly know that - especially without knowing what House investigations and what Mueller will provide?

If the Dems had an ounce of (collective) brains, they would quietly advise Pelosi not to seek the Speakership...

Consequently, she will, indeed, obtain that office.

How could you possibly know that - especially without knowing what House investigations and what Mueller will provide?
The House doesn't have the power to do anything but harass the President and produce gridlock if they go after him.

The House doesn't have the power to do anything but harass the President and produce gridlock if they go after him.
Au contraire... the House controls The Purse.

What do you think?

If the democrats stick with her, they haven't learned anything and are still dinosaurs.

Last edited:

What do you think?

Nancy Pelosi is very talented and was an exceptional Speaker
That said, I would like to see new blood in Democratic leadership.
Pelosi, Schumer, Biden and company have been marginally successful in their direction of the party

The Democratic Party can do much better
So who do you think can do better than Pelosi?

I really don’t know who the Dems have on the bench
But I would like to see them elevate some new leaders with a view towards the future of the party....not the 1990s

Forum List

Back