Should Obama thank the right for how well he was treated?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I've noticed how nice the republican party has been to Obama over the last eight years. Do you think Obama should at least show some gratitude about it?

How nice they've been to Obama? Are you out of your mind? I don't expect them to play nice with him after what he did in 2009 "elections have consequences", but c'mon, get real.

I've noticed how nice the republican party has been to Obama over the last eight years. Do you think Obama should at least show some gratitude about it?

No, but he should award medals to the MSM for their wholehearted support.

Now that it's almost over I'm glad Barry was such a dickhead.
Now we have Cart Blanche to return the favor...in spades. Pun intended...

Obama said he would bring healing, but on his third day in office he burned his bridges with Republicans in Congress, saying "Elections have consequences," and "I won."

After that, he could only pass laws with ALL Democrats voting for it, since he could get no Republicans (not even Maine liberal Republican Senators Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe) to vote for Obamacare, or the "porkulus" stimulus bill.

And when the voters realized what a disaster Obamacare, the Democrats took all the blame, and could not hide behind Republicans and say "these guys voted for it too."

I think conservatives should show Obama the same decorum and level of respect that liberals showed Bush when he left office.

Obama said he would bring healing, but on his third day in office he burned his bridges with Republicans in Congress, saying "Elections have consequences," and "I won."

After that, he could only pass laws with ALL Democrats voting for it, since he could get no Republicans (not even Maine liberal Republican Senators Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe) to vote for Obamacare, or the "porkulus" stimulus bill.

And when the voters realized what a disaster Obamacare, the Democrats took all the blame, and could not hide behind Republicans and say "these guys voted for it too."
Now that, my baby blues, is great revisionism. :lol:

Yes, elections have consequences, as Trump's loss in November will remind all of us.

They claim he's not even an American! I mean, that's fucked up.

Cons would spite the good of the country because obama didn't kiss their ass? Methinks its a lot more than that .

Yes, elections have consequences, as Trump's loss in November will remind all of us.
How can any Republican defend Obama for his conduct in 2009? He destroyed the generally good will he had when he first took office. He ruined his own presidency.

Now that it's almost over I'm glad Barry was such a dickhead.
Now we have Cart Blanche to return the favor...in spades. Pun intended...
Revenge never gets you anywhere.

Barry spent both terms doing just that for perceived wrongs.
Pay backs are a bitch.
Yes, pay backs are a bitch. SO STOP. It's like the cycle of violence, insanity, reapeating the same things and expecting different results.

How can any Republican defend Obama for his conduct in 2009? He destroyed the generally good will he had when he first took office. He ruined his own presidency.

Jesus Christ , are republicans all middle school mean girls ?

"Obama gave me a dirty look in 2009. I'll shut down the government , that will show him!"

This post is completely fucking insane. There is no equivalent to how terribly Obama has been treated. He has faced more filibusters than any president. He can't even pass legislation that originated on the Right because any Republican politician whose name appears on a bill signed by Obama - even if it's tax cuts - will be removed in the next election.

Again: Republican politicians were literally forbidden from having their name appear on anything Obama signed, including legislation that would traditionally receive Republican support. The Right declared that Obama must NEVER get anything passed. The goal was to destroy the president no matter what he did.

If the Left does not return the favor during the next Republican Presidency, than they are weak and should disband their party.

If Rubio's name appeared on a bill to lower taxes, and if Obama signed that bill, than Rubio would have been taken down as "partnering with Obama". Never before has one party decided to obstruct government to this degree. The right lost the election, so they used the concentrated powers of Washington to disenfranchise half the country.

Last edited:

Jesus Christ , are republicans all middle school mean girls ?

"Obama gave me a dirty look in 2009. I'll shut down the government , that will show him!"
No, Obama created I'll will by acting like a dictator instead of the leader of a divided government. And he reaped the consequences in 2010 and again in 2014. 2012 was a fluke because Mitt was considered an unlikable and untrustworthy candidate, plus there was that Mormon thing which kept the evangelicals unenthusiastic.

Forum List

Back