Should one's voting power be based on his/her tax liability?

Bootney Lee Farnsworth

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2017
Tejas
Should the amount of taxation be proportional to one's representation, or one's voting power.

Effective tax rate = the number votes one gets in every election, and scale it down from there? Zero tax liability gets you ZERO votes?

:dunno:

That way, slimy little communist shit twinkle-toed cocksuckers can tax the SHIT out of billionaires, but billionaires are justly compensated.

Should the amount of taxation be proportional to one's representation, or one's voting power.

Effective tax rate = the number votes one gets in every election, and scale it down from there? Zero tax liability gets you ZERO votes?

That way, slimy little communist shit twinkle-toed cocksuckers can tax the SHIT out of billionaires, but billionaires are justly compensated.

ok

I think I can live with that.....

let's see......rich republicans pay NO taxes.....so no votes for them!

even better;

a conservative male with a house wife and 5 kids, earning 70k a year, pays NO TAXES because he has a wife and 5 kids!

he gets no votes.

A male homosexual, earning 70k a year, can't marry, no kids, so he pays LOTS in taxes...

he gets VOTES!

yup...

I like this plan......

Oh, fuck no....Then Marxist tools like Bezoz, Gates, Buffett, Steyer, ad nauseum would have all the political power.

ok

even better;

a conservative male with a house wife and 5 kids, earning 70k a year, pays NO TAXES because he has a wife and 5 kids!

he gets no votes.

A male homosexual, earning 70k a year, can't marry, no kids, so he pays LOTS in taxes...

he gets VOTES!

yup...

I like this plan......
Yep. I like it too.

You want a voice? Get some skin in the game.

If you oppose taxes how do you propose to pay for a military capable of withstanding russia or china or n korea or iran or mexico or canada?

ok

even better;

he gets no votes.

he gets VOTES!

yup...

I like this plan......
Yep. I like it too.

You want a voice? Get some skin in the game.

So you are happy with conservatives having LESS votes than gays?

ought to return to only property owners get to vote

only property owners
women can't own property
blacks are 2/3 a person
or
blacks are property
only white male christian property owners can vote or hold public office...

please tell me again how YOU are NOT a fascist!

how YOU are a FREEDOM LOVING American.....

No but I think all voters should be required to pass a civics test before being allowed to cast a vote.....In English only......

Why do you hate, or fear, democracy? Do you think all those Communist countries are democracies?

My takeaway from your thread, paragraph by paragraph, is this:

P1 You may think this makes sense, but without reading P2 it is word salad.

P2 What you are supporting is to create a Plutocracy, something that has been a goal for some time by the conservative fringe. A Plutocracy is equivalent to a Monarchy, something the founders rebelled against.

P3 It seems you are a curmudgeon and ignoble; you want to cut off your nose to spite your face.

only property owners
women can't own property
blacks are 2/3 a person
or
blacks are property
only white male christian property owners can vote or hold public office...

please tell me again how YOU are NOT a fascist!

how YOU are a FREEDOM LOVING American.....
That was some maytag level spin cycle there, chief.

You jumped in your DeLorian and sped to 88 in a micro-second.

THEN, you had the nerve to lay all that false shit on him personally, and called him a fascist.

:laughing0301:

That was really bad.

So, you hate America and want us to be a plutocracy?

Why do you hate, or fear, democracy? Do you think all those Communist countries are democracies?

My takeaway from your thread, paragraph by paragraph, is this:

P1 You may think this makes sense, but without reading P2 it is word salad.

P2 What you are supporting is to create a Plutocracy, something that has been a goal for some time by the conservative fringe. A Plutocracy is equivalent to a Monarchy, something the founders rebelled against.

P3 It seems you are a curmudgeon and ignoble; you want to cut off your nose to spite your face.
Only P3 is true.
:lol:

I don't want to give higher taxpayers more voting power, but some want to strip them of wealth. My question was shouldn't those bearing the greater burden have more say?

I don't think they should, but on the flip side, others want them to bear the greater burden without any additional benefit. How is that fair?

Is that person legal or illegal?

Forum List

Back