Should our tax code be based on what "God thinks is fair"?

Agit8r

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2010
"And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need." -- Acts 4:32-35

I think that would be a disaster, but then, I'm not a religionist either.

I'm glad that nobody wants to have a system of religionism. I guess our terrorist enemies have shown the folly of such a view

I'm glad that nobody wants to have a system of religionism. I guess our terrorist enemies have shown the folly of such a view

Governments based on the Holy Bible cannot be compared to the violent jihadists of the koran. In God We Trust has made the US great.

Governments based on the Holy Bible cannot be compared to the violent jihadists of the koran. In God We Trust has made the US great.

Well, fortunately there are no countries based on the so-called "Christian Bible" anymore, and fortunately the United States never was in any sense.

"This is what the LORD of Heaven's Armies has declared: I have decided to settle accounts with the nation of Amalek for opposing Israel when they came from Egypt. Now go and completely destroy the entire Amalekite nation--men, women, children, babies, cattle, sheep, goats, camels, and donkeys."
-- 1 Samuel 15:2-3

Our nation hasn't been of one heart and of one soul for quite some time.
There's not a lack of charity in this country, just an overabundance of entitlement.

Damn poor people are killing us. If it weren't for the poor, our economy would be doing great right now.

Obama wants a tax code based on what he thinks is fair. He is god, the messiah. What is the difference?

Considering God has given us everything we have, yeah, it would be wise to listen to what He thought was fair. Instead, we have politicians and bureaucrats determining what is fair based on how much money we make and how they can outmanuver the system.

God only asks for 10% why should the government get more?

Still..................it depends on which God you follow based on you belief system.

Do you follow Mohammed and his description of Allah (a lesser moon diety)?

Do you follow Jesus and the way the Christians have twisted His teachings?

Do you follow Buddha and his practice of non violence and attaining peace?

Or....................do you follow the teachings of HaShem and what He taught the Jewish people, starting with Abraham?

Which god do you follow? Most are the same, if you're willing to look for the truth.

"And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need." -- Acts 4:32-35

Thus proving that Christianity is (a form of) communism and that Christians that state otherwise are hypocrites and/or blasphemers.

I believe our tax code should be fair.

Everyone should pay the same percentage of their income. No loopholes. Just one flax tax rate for everybody.

If everyone benefited equally from the GDP, perhaps. As there are a few that benefit disproportionately, their participation should be in proportion.

That's fair, rather than having the poor pay for the rich.

I believe our tax code should be fair.

Everyone should pay the same percentage of their income. No loopholes. Just one flax tax rate for everybody.

If everyone benefited equally from the GDP, perhaps. As there are a few that benefit disproportionately, their participation should be in proportion.

That's fair, rather than having the poor pay for the rich.

That was Adam Smith's view.

"The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. A tax upon house-rents, therefore, would in general fall heaviest upon the rich; and in this sort of inequality there would not, perhaps, be anything very unreasonable. It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."
--From 'Wealth of Nations' Book 5

of course if people like Ben Carson want to disregard capitalist economists, there is nothing to prevent a communitarian system like in 'Acts.' :eusa_whistle:

The early Chrisitians lived communially

Which makes then what, exactly?

Commune-ists.

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back