Should people have to perform/provide services for gay weddings?

Hello everyone!

I am interested to hear personal stories of the time(s) you were denied entry to an establishment or denied services by a business based on who you are.

Anyone?

Any business should be able to turn away a job or customer.

There are plenty of other businesses who would welcome the revenue.

On Face the Nation this morning Bob Schieffer was surprised to hear that people such as bakers and photographers are facing fines and possibly jail time for not providing their services to gay weddings. Whatever you feel about whether people should be forced to facilitate something they are religiously opposed to, it says a lot about the media coverage that Schieffer didn't even know about it.

Do you feel people who are religiously opposed to gay marriage should have to cater to gay weddings?

Obama said he won't make churches perform gay weddings. So, if we believe him, that one little corner of culture might not be forced to change. But everything else is fair game, isn't it.

Public schools will be actively attempting to make children view gay marriage as normal. Adoption agencies will be penalized for not arranging for children to be placed with gay couples. And bakers could lose thousands of dollars or go to jail if they refuse to put two plastic men on top of a wedding cake.

I don't think you should ever be forced to provide a service.

Really? The only gas station or grocery store in town should be able to turn people away based on how they feel about that group of people?

On Face the Nation this morning Bob Schieffer was surprised to hear that people such as bakers and photographers are facing fines and possibly jail time for not providing their services to gay weddings. Whatever you feel about whether people should be forced to facilitate something they are religiously opposed to, it says a lot about the media coverage that Schieffer didn't even know about it.

Do you feel people who are religiously opposed to gay marriage should have to cater to gay weddings?

Obama said he won't make churches perform gay weddings. So, if we believe him, that one little corner of culture might not be forced to change. But everything else is fair game, isn't it.

Public schools will be actively attempting to make children view gay marriage as normal. Adoption agencies will be penalized for not arranging for children to be placed with gay couples. And bakers could lose thousands of dollars or go to jail if they refuse to put two plastic men on top of a wedding cake.

Nope. And I will go out of my way not to recognize it. As for the business not wanting to deal with gay weddings, no prob. They will be okay. This doesn't change much, other then adding one more number to divorce stats.

Really? The only gas station or grocery store in town should be able to turn people away based on how they feel about that group of people?

Yup. They have the right to refuse service to anyone.

No, actually they don't.

The Right to Refuse Service: Can a Business Refuse Service to Someone Because of Appearance, Odor or Attitude?

No, actually they don't.

The Right to Refuse Service: Can a Business Refuse Service to Someone Because of Appearance, Odor or Attitude?

I've told customers that I will no longer serve them.

As I should be able to.

It is my business after all.

I can refuse new customers if I want as well.

I don't need a reason.

No, actually they don't.

But they do every day so, yes, they do. Even if you don't like it.

I've told customers that I will no longer serve them.

As I should be able to.

It is my business after all.

I can refuse new customers if I want as well.

I don't need a reason.

And that attitude could land you with a court case. You don't have the right to reserve service for any reason, just a few.

lol, conservatives really come alive when they get the opportunity to stand up for their belief in the right to deny other people their rights.

No, who in their right mind would want to force someone to provide them services? Would you want a disgruntled baker to make your cake, provide food?

If this happens it won't surprise me it is how liberals operate. They don't wait for public sentiment to change they force their will on everyone. Think like them or you are condemned. The disasters we see today are all at the hands of the liberals. They have good intentions the only problem is they don't know what is good.

Activists who are only concerned about their message for propaganda purposes

lol, conservatives really come alive when they get the opportunity to stand up for their belief in the right to deny other people their rights.

I very rarely send a customer packing but I do reserve the right.

It's my business after all.

Forum List

Back