Should people have to perform/provide services for gay weddings?

Churches have already been sued and lost cases when Gays have wanted to use their property to get "wedded" on.

Obama never said he won't make churches perform gay weddings, that’s a lie by the partisan right, who distorted and took the president’s statement out of context, as no president possesses that authority. Obama was correctly acknowledging the fact that the rulings and the Bill of Rights apply only to the states and local jurisdictions, not private organizations such as religious institutions.

Otherwise, schools should teach that all persons are equal, adoption agencies should place children in the best possible homes regardless the sexual orientation of the parents, and business must obey laws concerning public accommodations in accordance with Commerce Clause jurisprudence. See: Heart of Atlanta Motel Inc. v. United States (1964), as businesses must obey all other laws and policies.

Like the asshole's HHS secretary didn't mandate the Catholic church had to provide abortion and birth-control in their insurance plan? He said what he said in so many words and you know it, and like it because you are without a doubt a homo and an atheist. And if that isn't true, you best take a look around at the perverted trash supporting this abomination of a USSC decision...

I swear the way people talk about public schools you'd think evil nazi liberals had them dropped down from the sky and filled with gay pedophile pinko commie teachers and the general populous can only shrug their shoulders and watch as their children are force indoctrinated. :rolleyes:

If you don't like your local public school blame "the government". God forbid you take personal responsibility for the people you elected or actually DO something about it besides whine all the time.

Businesses can refuse service to anyone for cause. They cannot use bigotry as a reason to refuse service - that violates the civil rights of the individual. They can post signs stating that they have the right to refuse service - but they still can't discriminate on the grounds of prejudice.

Do they have the "right" to refuse service to someone solely based on race, religion, gender or physical or mental ability? NO!

You're barkin at the moon....what the hell are "bigotry" and "prejudice" in a legal finding?...just meaningless words. A private enterprise has the right to bar MENTALLY ILL AKA "GAY" PERSONS if it finds them disruptive to other patrons. If I saw two queers kissing in a booth next to me, I'd leave immediately and make sure the owner knew why. He in turn has every right to expel and ban those individuals from returning.

I swear the way people talk about public schools you'd think evil nazi liberals had them dropped down from the sky and filled with gay pedophile pinko commie teachers and the general populous can only shrug their shoulders and watch as their children are force indoctrinated. :rolleyes:

If you don't like your local public school blame "the government". God forbid you take personal responsibility for the people you elected or actually DO something about it besides whine all the time.

Minority conservatives don't stand a chance in towns with liberal majorities. The rights of minorities disappear then it's the conservatives who are the minority.

Gay marriage is normal because the government says it is, not because 38 other American States say otherwise.

The same can be said in defense of gay marriage. Does the government saying it isn't normal make it not normal? Is government control over marriage what you call small government now?

I will make it clear for the record that I am not a Republican. Government should not be defining marriage at all, period. I simply oppose homosexuality because that is what the Bible tells me, not what my government tells me. I believe in majority rule. I don't believe you should suppress the majority for the will of the minority.

Which might be appropriate if the United States were a democracy, fortunately it is not. The United States is a Republic, its citizens subject only to the rule of law, not men, as men are incapable of ruling justly – DOMA is proof of that.

Majority rule does not apply when the majority enacts measures offensive to the Constitution, the majority does not determine who will or will not have his civil liberties.

And that you ‘oppose’ homosexuality because the bible tells you so means that you yourself should not engage in homosexual activity; it does not mean you have the right to attempt to codify that subjective religious dogma into secular law.

I don't think anybody should be forced to provide a service for somebody they disagree with if they don't want to. I could care less if a store refused service to a minority as well. You have your right to be a bigot, and I have my right to not frequent your business because of it.

As far as public schools teaching gay marriage is normal, I agree they should have to. They should have been able to teach that it was normal from the very beginning.

Why should they have been able to teach that something which wasn't normal was normal?

Because gay marriage never should have been prohibited in the first place.

By what ethical standard? Sometimes I forget that your ethical standards are as fluid as the flavor of the day. I am so sorry. :) That's the problem with relativism, other than being spineless and rootless, but I guess the upside is that your hypocrisy is so easy to erase. That always seems to work for you, until cause and effect get factored in to the equation. :)

It is called civil rights because the rights belong to individual citizens and not to businesses.

If a church rents its property out to non members for the purpose of marriage then they can't discriminate against people based on all the reasons that discrimination occurs, just like any other business.

If the church does not rent the property then they can't be sued for not renting for gay marriages.

On Face the Nation this morning Bob Schieffer was surprised to hear that people such as bakers and photographers are facing fines and possibly jail time for not providing their services to gay weddings. Whatever you feel about whether people should be forced to facilitate something they are religiously opposed to, it says a lot about the media coverage that Schieffer didn't even know about it.

Do you feel people who are religiously opposed to gay marriage should have to cater to gay weddings?

Obama said he won't make churches perform gay weddings. So, if we believe him, that one little corner of culture might not be forced to change. But everything else is fair game, isn't it.

Public schools will be actively attempting to make children view gay marriage as normal. Adoption agencies will be penalized for not arranging for children to be placed with gay couples. And bakers could lose thousands of dollars or go to jail if they refuse to put two plastic men on top of a wedding cake.

Obama never said he won't make churches perform gay weddings, that’s a lie by the partisan right, who distorted and took the president’s statement out of context, as no president possesses that authority. Obama was correctly acknowledging the fact that the rulings and the Bill of Rights apply only to the states and local jurisdictions, not private organizations such as religious institutions.

Otherwise, schools should teach that all persons are equal, adoption agencies should place children in the best possible homes regardless the sexual orientation of the parents, and business must obey laws concerning public accommodations in accordance with Commerce Clause jurisprudence. See: Heart of Atlanta Motel Inc. v. United States (1964), as businesses must obey all other laws and policies.

The best possible homes, to gay activists, is to remove children from homes that have a mother and father and place them with gay couples.
Children of same-sex parents are healthier, families closer than straight-parent families: study - NY Daily News

I'd be more confident if I didn't recall that the same thing was said in the 70s about children growing up in homes where the parents were divorced.

the overwhelming bias in reports like this is astounding......a 'conclusive' study based upon some "health data"?....give me a break....

the truth of the matter is recent studies are beginning to show that children in gay homes are NOT doing as well as claimed....
Family Research Council
In a historic study of children raised by homosexual parents, sociologist Mark Regnerus of the University of Texas at Austin has overturned the conventional academic wisdom that such children suffer no disadvantages when compared to children raised by their married mother and father. Just published in the journal Social Science Research,[1] the most careful, rigorous, and methodologically sound study ever conducted on this issue found numerous and significant differences between these groups--with the outcomes for children of homosexuals rated "suboptimal" (Regnerus' word) in almost every category.

why am i not surprised?....children of gays are typically cut off at the knees from the moment they are 'gay-parented'.....they lose one gender of parent....many don't even know who the other real parent even is....at least with divorce the kids still know who their two real parents are....the natural rights of children are being subordinated to the selfish wants of adults...

why can't people object to this type of 'marriage' in the business world in order to protect the children....?

Last edited:
Government has always been defining marriage. You only had no problem with it when they were defining it the way you wanted them to.

You are making assumptions about me that you have no business making. I have a problem with them defining it in any way, shape, or form. Can you not get that through your thick head? Condoning one way of marriage over another violates the establishment clause. It's unconstitutional!

So, you believe gay marriage should be legal, because government never should have been defining it in the first place? That I can agree with.

There should be NO LAW passed by our government defining marriage one way or another. Legality has nothing to do with it. Christians like myself should marry in the way their doctrine prescribes. Homosexuals should marry in the way they see fit. Government has no place on either side. Please be advised that I see homosexuality as a sin, I will continue to see it as such. I see it as a hormonal aberration. I however reject government involvement in the conjugal process of any religion or belief set. Please try not to misinterpret my statements.

Last edited:

Minority conservatives don't stand a chance in towns with liberal majorities. The rights of minorities disappear then it's the conservatives who are the minority.

So? The majority rules, in majority conservative places and majority liberal places. You still have options. You can still make the minority voice heard, or send your child elsewhere, or move, or homeschool.

Maybe you could explain since the public schools were unionized, why many kids can't read their diploma...or "read cursive"? Or find Canada on a map? Or answer simple math questions? But they sure know what "diversity" means right? And the white girls know they are "racist" if they won't date a black boy right? And isn't it amazing the colleges they continue on to, have faculty that vote 90% democrat?

I doubt you find this disturbing in the least. I doubt you want anything to change as long as the schools are producing low-performing dummies who need the GOVERNMENT to make their decisions and make up for their failures. A GOVERNMENT that demands they be unable to change that GOVERNMENT by force of arms if necessary. In other words, a communist system you feel you deserve to be a commisar in....a communist system that provides you a better living than you would impose on anybody refusing to drink the Koolade.....isn't that about the size of it? :eusa_eh:

It is called civil rights because the rights belong to individual citizens and not to businesses.

If a church rents its property out to non members for the purpose of marriage then they can't discriminate against people based on all the reasons that discrimination occurs, just like any other business.

If the church does not rent the property then they can't be sued for not renting for gay marriages.

http://www.jesussite.com/blog/2008/...oup-loses-court-case-over-gay-discrimination/

No one should be punished for refusing to perform a service for someone with which they have a profound religious objection.

Yesterday there was a HUGE gay pride event celebrating same sex marriage. Vendors from bakeries, photographers, florists, caterers, wedding planners, wardrobe rentals, absolutely every aspect of a wedding, including venues, halls, churches, beach sites, forest sites, everything you could possible imagine were there. All advertising and vying for the money now available from gay nuptials. Gays don't want them. They want to find the one little guy who prays and hound them out of business.

No decent parent would send their child to public school anyway. May as well kick the kid to the curb in kindergarten and be done with it.

I nominate you for USMB's Ms. Hyperbole :up: award :clap2: Seriously, you make Willow look like a moderate :eusa_eh:

As to the Op, It was never incessantly drilled into me in grade school the *cough* "sanctity" of heterosexual marriage. :eusa_eh: We were told what marriage was and we moved the fuck on to other topics. :) No one obsessed over it like socon Righties.

Last edited:

So? The majority rules, in majority conservative places and majority liberal places. You still have options. You can still make the minority voice heard, or send your child elsewhere, or move, or homeschool.

God forbid any citizen in America should have the same voice as the other.

why am i not surprised?....children of gays are typically cut off at the knees from the moment they are 'gay-parented'.....they lose one gender of parent....many don't even know who the other real parent even is....at least with divorce the kids still know who their two real parents are....the natural rights of children are being subordinated to the selfish wants of adults...

why can't people object to this type of 'marriage' in the business world in order to protect the children....?

People can object all they want - they just can't sidestep the rights of the individual.

"protect the children"? really? what are you going to protect the children from? Two loving parents? Children find role models - gender role models - in many places - rarely from home. I grew up in a two parent home but my gender role was not my dad - I thought he was a disciplinary dictator and I found a better role model outside the home. I later learned that my dad was not who I thought he was but I had already become someone else.

http://www.jesussite.com/blog/2008/...oup-loses-court-case-over-gay-discrimination/

Can't have your cake and eat it too. They spent the last 30 years enjoying a special tax breaks because of the Green Acres program, which requires that they be open to all public equally.

Ever heard of PROPERTY RIGHTS? Maybe you should devote a few minutes learning the law instead of pretending it says what it doesn't say. A church, any church, has the full protection of the law in deciding who can use their facilities. PRIVATE PROPERTY means just that unless there is a bias based on race/creed/or color. Again, queers are not of a "creed"...they are the product of a birth-defect and are therefore not allowed any special treatment (like a ramp or lowered toilets) under the law. No church is expected to allow pagan, wiccan, or atheist events in their facilities...since most of you queers believe in some sort of witchcraft, you have no legal standing to force a church to endorse/sanctify your creepshow on their PROPERTY.

Last edited:

Can't have your cake and eat it too. They spent the last 30 years enjoying a special tax breaks because of the Green Acres program, which requires that they be open to all public equally.

you asked for the link--you got it

Forum List

Back