Should people without kids pay more in Taxes?

Only the fair tax will cure this

Until then it's dogpile on the small groups

You will enjoy it just as much as the smokers have for decades

Yeah but smokers burden the health care system - and so do couples with children as they are more likely to see a family member visit the ER. Seems to me that you should get a tax break if you don't have kids because you might be cheaper...

Yeah but smokers burden the health care system - and so do couples with children as they are more likely to see a family member visit the ER. Seems to me that you should get a tax break if you don't have kids because you might be cheaper...

Wow

Without children there are no jobs. They are the greatest economic engine on the face of the earth.

Singles, couples with no children and same sex are the burden. Children will care for them, will contribute taxes to care for them. Will supply pension and social security funds to them. The opposite is never true.

Taxes should be equally applied to everyone. Because government should benefit everyone equally. This is the real meaning of "general welfare".

Wow

Without children there are no jobs. They are the greatest economic engine on the face of the earth.

Singles, couples with no children and same sex are the burden. Children will care for them, will contribute taxes to care for them. Will supply pension and social security funds to them. The opposite is never true.

While that may be true, I do not think it fair to penalise people who choose not to have children.

Wow

While that may be true, I do not think it fair to penalise people who choose not to have children.

I don't really care

On a side note, watch the movie "children of men" pretty good movie about what would happen if the entire world became fertile and no new children were born.

Wow

Do you think it fair to penalize those who do have children, who raise the next generation of productive citizens who will, if anyone will, maintain the economy, care for the elderly and indigent, and oh yeah perpetuate the species?

Wow

Do you think it fair to penalize those who do have children, who raise the next generation of productive citizens who will, if anyone will, maintain the economy, care for the elderly and indigent, and oh yeah perpetuate the species?

I don't know. I would like people to pay the same in taxes, no matter how many kids they have.

Wow

It's actually a reasonable point. One deserving discussion.

Everyone depends on people who supply the next generation. The government only exists because population is created. There really is no person more important then those who create the next generation of our species.

I don't know. I would like people to pay the same in taxes, no matter how many kids they have.

Knowing it cost more, much more, to raise children and provide an absolutely essential - in the true sense of the word - benefit to society?

Wow

How does making them pay the same tax rate as everyone else "penalize" them?

People choose to have kids, don't they? Why get a tax break for something you chose to do?

People choose to serve in the military. We pay them for that. People choose to be fire fighters or police officers and we choose to pay them for that. Why?

How does making them pay the same tax rate as everyone else "penalize" them?

How does giving a tax cut to those carrying the water for society "penalize" those who don't have children?

A couple who can't have kids because there is no money for it are not disabled. It was the lack of money that caused it to begin with.

Freeloaders are freeloaders. Gotta love the road obamacare leads us down.

WTH are you talking about? If they aren't having kids because they can't afford it they are not freeloaders. They are responsible.

So you think we shouldn't pay the men and women who serve in our military? All police and fire fighters be unpaid? Really?

Wow you didn't even try to avoid fail on that setup.

Are you going to answer the question or run from it? I think I know which it will be...

Yeah you do. No one with a brain cell is going to the way you asked it. The point was whether people should be paid to have kids. You spin it with soldiers so you can bash anyone who says no as hating the military.

Last edited:
People choose to have kids, don't they? Why get a tax break for something you chose to do?

People choose to serve in the military. We pay them for that. People choose to be fire fighters or police officers and we choose to pay them for that. Why?

They provide a service to the community - and they save lives. Having a child doesn't save a life.

They provide a service to the community - and they save lives. Having a child doesn't save a life.

Are you sure about that? Were not the police and firefighters and soldiers once kids?
If no one has a kid who wants to do those jobs mentioned above, how long before there is no police, firemen or soldiers? And then what do we do?

Try again. Take your time and think carefully.

The question isn't whether having children is a good thing or not. The question is whether government should be able to use the tax code to push us to do good things, or punish us for not.

The question isn't whether having children is a good thing or not. The question is whether government should be able to use the tax code to push us to do good things, or punish us for not.

No, that is not the question. The question is, if one group benefits another group to a greater extent, should they receive benefit for that?

I think the answer is obvious. Yes.

This is not a new concept. We are entering a brave new world. We are starting to include a demographic group into the realm of marriage that cannot procreate within their own demographic, and somehow the current tax code is fair to those who can and do procreate.

Honestly, if this becomes a breeders vs non breeders argument I am fine with that. I would enjoy that discussion.

Forum List

Back