Should Pete be fired for taking time off to play house like children do during a major crisis?

Should Pete be fired?

• Yes

• No

• Every father needs time off to learn how to breast feed.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Her choice. She certainly wasn’t forced to.
The point is, liberals are handing out so much money that people dont have to work to support their families. Thanks to leftists, we are enabling people to just quit their jobs and live off the government.

That will lead America into being a 3rd-world country where people feel entitled to other people’s money.

The point is, liberals are handing out so much money that people dont have to work to support their families. Thanks to leftists, we are enabling people to just quit their jobs and live off the government.

That will lead America into being a 3rd-world country where people feel entitled to other people’s money.
Do right-wingers prefer "wage-slavery" merely so capitalists can get richer? Employment is at the will of either party not just the Government or the Richest.

Nonsense.
None of it is permanent. Your fears are irrational.

Do right-wingers prefer "wage-slavery" merely so capitalists can get richer? Employment is at the will of either party not just the Government or the Richest.
There’s no such thing as wage slavery. Jobs that require abilities that one has as a middle-schooler pay lower, and often require that two low-skilled workers double up for housing. Even I, as a college graduate, had to have a roommate in my early years. I certainly didn’t consider myself a slave.

To liken that to slavery demeans what slavery actually was.

Nonsense.
None of it is permanent. Your fears are irrational.
None of it is permanent? Good luck pulling back goodies after you have people thinking they’re entitled to them. I speak primarily of the government child support payments being made to the majority of families.

Your denial is irrational.

There’s no such thing as wage slavery. Jobs that require abilities that one has as a middle-schooler pay lower, and often require that two low-skilled workers double up for housing. Even I, as a college graduate, had to have a roommate in my early years. I certainly didn’t consider myself a slave.

To liken that to slavery demeans what slavery actually was.
I agree to disagree. Requiring a work ethic in exchange for equal protection of the laws is a form of slavery under our Constitutional form of Government and proscribed in any form.

I agree to disagree. Requiring a work ethic in exchange for equal protection of the laws is a form of slavery under our Constitutional form of Government and proscribed in any form.
OMG! So now getting idea that people have a work ethic - which is a good thing and necessary for the success of a nation - is a form of slavery. I don’t think you’re for real. Nobody could honestly believe that equal protection laws means people too lazy to work are entitled to the same benefits as responsible people.

OMG! So now getting idea that people have a work ethic - which is a good thing and necessary for the success of a nation - is a form of slavery. I don’t think you’re for real. Nobody could honestly believe that equal protection laws means people too lazy to work are entitled to the same benefits as responsible people.
The best capital morality money can buy under Capitalism.

None of it is permanent? Good luck pulling back goodies after you have people thinking they’re entitled to them. I speak primarily of the government child support payments being made to the majority of families.

Your denial is irrational.
Gotta find something to create a narrative to bitch about. Your “friend” made her own choice to quit. A smarter person would have continued working while using the Covid relief to get ahead.

Gotta find something to create a narrative to bitch about. Your “friend” made her own choice to quit. A smarter person would have continued working while using the Covid relief to get ahead.
Unbelievable how you don’t get this: The point is that the GOVERNMENT, with its ridiculous giveaways, gave her the option. Able-bodied people should not be given the choice to either 1) work, or 2) live off Other People’s Money.

Unbelievable how you don’t get this: The point is that the GOVERNMENT, with its ridiculous giveaways, gave her the option. Able-bodied people should not be given the choice to either 1) work, or 2) live off Other People’s Money.
Employment is at the will of party or do you believe more in "wage-slavery" so other people can get Rich?

I do get it. It’s just nonsense. No one forced your able-bodied “friend” to do anything. It was her choice. That says more about her than it does the govt who gave her an opportunity to get ahead.

I do get it. It’s just nonsense. No one forced your able-bodied “friend” to do anything. It was her choice. That says more about her than it does the govt who gave her an opportunity to get ahead.
So the government gives people an opportunity to g et ahead when it hands them free money so they don’t have to work? That is enabling their FAILURE! Parents understand this concept - if you make things so easy for your kid that he doesn’t have to get out bed in the morning, you are raising him to fail. So the converse is true: if the government didn’t give away freebies and let people choose to nothing with their lives, they would be forced to work - and THAT is the opportunity.

The liberal-run government understands this, of course. They WANT people to be do-nothings who are dependent on government freebies. It’s all about control.

So the government gives people an opportunity to g et ahead when it hands them free money so they don’t have to work? That is enabling their FAILURE! Parents understand this concept - if you make things so easy for your kid that he doesn’t have to get out bed in the morning, you are raising him to fail. So the converse is true: if the government didn’t give away freebies and let people choose to nothing with their lives, they would be forced to work - and THAT is the opportunity.

The liberal-run government understands this, of course. They WANT people to be do-nothings who are dependent on government freebies. It’s all about control.
The govt doesn’t tell people they don’t have to work. You’re doing that.

The govt doesn’t tell people they don’t have to work. You’re doing that.
You can’t possibly be this obtuse. The government is giving them an option not to work by handing out so much free money. If our government truly wanted people to work, which is a necessary thing for a productive, successful country, they’d stopped enabling them with all the hand-outs.

First place to start is by cutting off the government child support checks. All those places like McDonald’s and Target and Walmart - advertising as much as $17 or $18 hr - would find it easy to fill open positions. But as I said, impossible to compete with Uncle Sugar.

You can’t possibly be this obtuse. The government is giving them an option not to work by handing out so much free money. If our government truly wanted people to work, which is a necessary thing for a productive, successful country, they’d stopped enabling them with all the hand-outs.

First place to start is by cutting off the government child support checks. All those places like McDonald’s and Target and Walmart - advertising as much as $17 or $18 hr - would find it easy to fill open positions. But as I said, impossible to compete with Uncle Sugar.
Thanks for continually proving right-wingers don't really care about natural rights or Individual Liberty or being legal to existing laws (unless it is in border threads.) Employment is at the will of either party, not just the employer or the State.

And, anyone who alleges to believe in Capitalism must know that demand must meet supply at some equilibrium.

You’re attempting to ascribe some nefarious intent where none exists. People aren’t the monkeys you insist they are. Some may take the foolish path your friend took but most see it as an opportunity to further themselves and use it accordingly.

...no. Women should be clamoring for equal protection of the laws.

The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States.

Buttigieg and his husband do not require time off to recuperate from an adoption, which is what
this law was intended for.
Clearly President Magoo will not reprimand Pete Buttigieg for abuse of a law he is not even covered by, in
actuality. But he should.

Forum List

Back