Should religion be eliminated

Should religion be eliminated?

• Yes

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • No

Votes: 35 85.4%

• Total voters
Yeah, but taxing the church would have the result that the church wouldn't get to keep what they give.

And if people couldn't deduct it on their taxes as a charitable donation, some wouldn't give, or would give less.
Churches need to save up for the inevitable sex crime payouts.
You should read the John Jay report.
You need to explain why and provide a link.
I couldn't care less if you remain ignorant.
You're such a jackass, lol. Constantly making a point but not backing it up. Imbecile.
Why so angry, Taz?

So you're saying that only poor people (or is it cheap people?) go to church?

No, she's saying that taxing churches, which by definition are non-profit, would end up wiping many churches out of existence.
So nobody goes to churches so they're closing even with tax exempt status. Good plan.
Only time will tell, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Would it make you sad if they didn't?
I'd be sad that the human race is staying dumb.
That is your opinion. The reality is that natural selection sees it the other way.
And that's why as the human race gets smarter, they are abandoning concepts like an a god who cares if we follow a book or not.

So you're saying that only poor people (or is it cheap people?) go to church?

No, she's saying that taxing churches, which by definition are non-profit, would end up wiping many churches out of existence.
I don't think it would. I don't think people understand that gifts are not taxable unless they are over a certain amount.

The reality is that people would no longer receive a deduction for their charitable contribution. I don't think that would make them stop giving.

But if it did, that would only cause the government to give more. So in the end, the government would be paying 100% of the "charity" instead of giving a tax break on say 20% of the charity.

I think it is an emotional thing. They hate religion so much they can't look at it analytically.
Churches would pay taxes too, just like a company does.
Not on gifts under the threshold, dipshit.
I'm just saying that they should. Just like any other company.
No one pays any taxes on gifts less than the threshold. Even companies. So your wish is granted. :lol:

I don’t know what you mean by generic. I believe all people pray to the same God. Logically there is only one. They may have a different perception of who God is and I don’t see anything wrong with that. I believe our Founding Fathers got that part right.

In the context of what you are discussing the question is whether God is a personal or impersonal God. For all our sakes I pray he is a personal God.

Just because there's only one God doesn't mean everyone is automatically praying to him.
How do you know there's only one god?
Logic, reason and experience.

How do you know there's not?
I'm saying that we don't know if it's zero gods, 1, or more... You pretend to know, but only have your bastardized versions of logic, reason and experience. Not real proof.
I know what you are saying, but logic is not your strong suit. You don't even know that charitable gifts under the threshold are tax free.
How is it logical that you pretend to know?

So nobody goes to churches so they're closing even with tax exempt status. Good plan.

That is your opinion. The reality is that natural selection sees it the other way.
And that's why as the human race gets smarter, they are abandoning concepts like an a god who cares if we follow a book or not.
The human race as a whole has gained knowledge, Taz. That doesn't mean we have become smarter. In fact, technology tends to make us more stupid.

Just because there's only one God doesn't mean everyone is automatically praying to him.

I'm saying that we don't know if it's zero gods, 1, or more... You pretend to know, but only have your bastardized versions of logic, reason and experience. Not real proof.
I know what you are saying, but logic is not your strong suit. You don't even know that charitable gifts under the threshold are tax free.
I've explained this to you dozens of times.

So you tell me what I have already told you.

Otherwise, it would be illogical to tell you again.

Where is the proof that we are accountable to an invisible being?
It is inside you. That's why you believe so strongly about justice.
Justice is subjective, people want it for personal reasons. So not pointing all in the same direction to an invisible being who cares that we follow a book or not.
No. Everyone seeks justice. It doesn't matter how they see it. The fact that they all seek it tells you it is a matrix condition.
It's an evolutionary trait for survival. Not pointing to a god who cares if we follow a book or not.
It's one in the same. Successful behaviors lead to success and failed behaviors lead to failure. Virtuous behaviors are successful behaviors. Behaviors devoid of virtue are failed behaviors.
lol, it's such a load of random malarkey that I don't know what to say!
:th_spinspin:

Churches need to save up for the inevitable sex crime payouts.
You're such a jackass, lol. Constantly making a point but not backing it up. Imbecile.
Why so angry, Taz?
Do you know what "lol" means?

It is inside you. That's why you believe so strongly about justice.
Justice is subjective, people want it for personal reasons. So not pointing all in the same direction to an invisible being who cares that we follow a book or not.
No. Everyone seeks justice. It doesn't matter how they see it. The fact that they all seek it tells you it is a matrix condition.
It's an evolutionary trait for survival. Not pointing to a god who cares if we follow a book or not.
It's one in the same. Successful behaviors lead to success and failed behaviors lead to failure. Virtuous behaviors are successful behaviors. Behaviors devoid of virtue are failed behaviors.
So you don't believe it is logical that successful behaviors lead to success and failed behaviors lead to failure?

Why so angry, Taz?
Do you know what "lol" means?
I know what it means when you call me names, Taz.

Even if you did use lol.

I don't think it would. I don't think people understand that gifts are not taxable unless they are over a certain amount.

The reality is that people would no longer receive a deduction for their charitable contribution. I don't think that would make them stop giving.

But if it did, that would only cause the government to give more. So in the end, the government would be paying 100% of the "charity" instead of giving a tax break on say 20% of the charity.

I think it is an emotional thing. They hate religion so much they can't look at it analytically.
No one pays any taxes on gifts less than the threshold. Even companies. So your wish is granted. :lol:
Pay taxes on their revenue. Passing the plate is revenue, call it an entrance fee, or whatever.

Pay taxes on their revenue. Passing the plate is revenue, call it an entrance fee, or whatever.
It's not revenue, Taz. It's a gift. Look it up for yourself.

The human race as a whole has gained knowledge, Taz. That doesn't mean we have become smarter. In fact, technology tends to make us more stupid.
Speak for yourself, :lmao:

Thanks. Don't.

Speak for yourself, :lmao:
You prove my point daily.

Thanks. Don't.
I'll make a thread for you so you will be without excuse in the future.

So you don't believe it is logical that successful behaviors lead to success and failed behaviors lead to failure?
Believing that an invisible being wants us to obey a book, used to help, but now, not so much, that's why people are abandoning it. Churches these days are so full of hate (gays, same sex marriage, jihads, ...) that people are giving up on them.

Gift Tax: Do I Have to Pay Tax When Someone Gives Me Money?

7 Things You Should Know About Gift Tax | US Tax Center - IRS.com

Forum List

Back