Should religion be eliminated

Should religion be eliminated?

• Yes

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • No

Votes: 35 85.4%

• Total voters
Pay taxes on their revenue. Passing the plate is revenue, call it an entrance fee, or whatever.
It's not revenue, Taz. It's a gift. Look it up for yourself.
We're talking about taking away a tax exempt status. Please try to keep up.
Can you show me something that shows that churches will be taxed on charitable gifts below the gift tax threshold?

I know how big you are on backing up things, right?
Gawd, you're stoopid.
Gawd, you're stoopid.
^ dunning effect
:290968001256257790-final:

I don’t know what you mean by generic. I believe all people pray to the same God. Logically there is only one. They may have a different perception of who God is and I don’t see anything wrong with that. I believe our Founding Fathers got that part right.

In the context of what you are discussing the question is whether God is a personal or impersonal God. For all our sakes I pray he is a personal God.

Just because there's only one God doesn't mean everyone is automatically praying to him.
How do you know there's only one god?
Or any "god" at all, for that matter.
From what was created.
But how does that tell you the number of gods involved?
You believe it is logical that there are multiple creators?

The simplest explanation is usually the correct explanation.

The only solution to the first cause conundrum is something which is eternal and unchanging.

No one pays any taxes on gifts less than the threshold. Even companies. So your wish is granted. :lol:
Pay taxes on their revenue. Passing the plate is revenue, call it an entrance fee, or whatever.
Gift Tax: Do I Have to Pay Tax When Someone Gives Me Money?
If churches are a business, the money they collect is revenue, like McDonald's can't say "get a free burger with every donation". Geez, you're especially thick today.
No. The money that people donate are considered a gift.

Can you back up your belief that the money people donate are considered revenue?

Only a jackass never backs up what he says.
We were talking HYPOTHETICALLY IF A CHURCH LOST ITS TAX EXEMPT STATUS! Sheesh, I give up. :biggrin:
Then any revenue they EARNED and were not given would be taxed.

I'm still waiting for your proof that gifts are considered to be revenues or earnings or incomes.

It's not revenue, Taz. It's a gift. Look it up for yourself.
We're talking about taking away a tax exempt status. Please try to keep up.
Can you show me something that shows that churches will be taxed on charitable gifts below the gift tax threshold?

I know how big you are on backing up things, right?
Gawd, you're stoopid.
Gawd, you're stoopid.
^ dunning effect
:290968001256257790-final:
^ still the dunning effect.

Not on gifts under the threshold, dipshit.
I'm just saying that they should. Just like any other company.
No one pays any taxes on gifts less than the threshold. Even companies. So your wish is granted. :lol:
If churches are a business, the money they collect is revenue, like McDonald's can't say "get a free burger with every donation". Geez, you're especially thick today.
No. The money they earn is considered to be income. The money they are given would be gifts.

Can you provide a link which proves what you say. I know how big you are on links.

Just because there's only one God doesn't mean everyone is automatically praying to him.
From what was created.

The only solution to the first cause conundrum is something which is eternal and unchanging.
I think it's logical not to leap to any conclusions yet before getting some kind of real data.

You prove nothing about the number of gods with you other statements.

Can you back up your belief that the money people donate are considered revenue?

We were talking HYPOTHETICALLY IF A CHURCH LOST ITS TAX EXEMPT STATUS! Sheesh, I give up. :biggrin:

I'm still waiting for your proof that gifts are considered to be revenues or earnings or incomes.
That's not what I was talking about, ever.

Why so angry, Taz?
Do you know what "lol" means?
I know what it means when you call me names, Taz.

Even if you did use lol.
Only a jackass never backs up what he says. Do you feel that that applies to you?
The Limits On Tax-Free Gifts: What You Need To Know
Too bad it's the wrong link for the thread, lol.
Wrong. It totally explains how gifts are treated which is what donations are to churches.

Do you know what "lol" means?

Even if you did use lol.
Only a jackass never backs up what he says. Do you feel that that applies to you?
Wrong. It totally explains how gifts are treated which is what donations are to churches.
And I never disputed that.

If you give money to a church and do not receive anything in return other than their thanks, it is a gift. Do you even IRS?

Even if you did use lol.
You just dispute that donations are not gifts.

Can you provide a link which proves that?

If you give money to a church and do not receive anything in return other than their thanks, it is a gift. Do you even IRS?
You receive a speech, like tons of people give all the time for money and have to declare it. We're talking HYPOTHETICALLY, I thought you got that?

Again, we were, well, I was talking HYPOTHETICALLY. Look up the word?

From what was created.

I think it's logical not to leap to any conclusions yet before getting some kind of real data.

We have all the data we are going to get. We can study what was created to learn about how it was created. When we do this we discover that space and time were created from nothing according to the laws of nature which means the laws of nature existed before the creation of space and time. Laws which predestined intelligence to arise and evolve. Specifically physical, biological and moral laws.

You are without excuse.

So you are saying you want to change the definition of gifts to taxable income?

You receive a speech, like tons of people give all the time for money and have to declare it. We're talking HYPOTHETICALLY, I thought you got that?
Really?

You do realize that you don't have to donate.

So some people are getting it for free. So since you can get it for free, what you give them is called a gift.

Do you even logic?

From what was created.

We have all the data we are going to get. We can study what was created to learn about how it was created. When we do this we discover that space and time were created from nothing according to the laws of nature which means the laws of nature existed before the creation of space and time. Laws which predestined intelligence to arise and evolve. Specifically physical, biological and moral laws.

You are without excuse.
Again, you spout a personal opinion, not supported facts. Just know the difference, that's all.

So you are saying you want to change the definition of gifts to taxable income?
Never said that. Keep trying. :biggrin:

Really?

You do realize that you don't have to donate.

So some people are getting it for free. So since you can get it for free, what you give them is called a gift.

Do you even logic?
Lots of people get in for free at any event. Anything else?

Forum List

Back