Should soldiers be armed?

A soldier is trained and trusted to deliver hundreds of thousands of dollars of ordinance on top of the enemies heads, but cant be trusted to carry a loaded .45?

That might make sense to an idiot or an ideologue, but I doubt so much to an ordinary person.
A soldier, yes.
But not some admin/personnel position.
Recruiters come from all sorts of jobs

If they are in the Army8 they are SOLDIERS and get the same training in basic.

That's why I said "soldiers, yes"
In Navy basic we qualified with .45s and that's it. Unless your job requires a weapon you never hold one again

In standard utility uniforms it would be easy to conceal a pistol......
You dont need to conceal your weapon when on guard duty. Its a deterrent.
Scott directed Adjutant Gen. Michael Calhoun to temporarily move National Guard members from six "storefront" recruitment centers to armories. Also, he ordered Calhoun to work with local law-enforcement agencies to arrange regular security checks of armories and said the state will expedite processing of new concealed-weapons licenses for members of the National Guard.

"We're going to do everything we can to make sure that all of our National Guard members are safe,'' Scott, who was scheduled to hold a late-afternoon news conference in West Palm Beach, said during a CNN interview.

The executive order said Guard members will be moved from the recruitment centers to armories until Calhoun "can fully evaluate and make recommendations for improving the security" of the centers. It said possible improvements could include installing bulletproof glass and enhancing video-surveillance equipment.

The move to expedite new concealed-weapons licenses would apply to Guard members who do not have such permits. Scott said during the CNN interview that the move is designed for "personal protection when they are not on duty."
Are they going to be given real psychological evals before giving them concealed weapons permits?
Why should they?

Did you have to take a civics test before you were allowed to vote?
Because a nutcase with a weapon has nothing to do with civics.

Because you're infringing on their rights

You dont need to conceal your weapon when on guard duty. Its a deterrent.
Scott directed Adjutant Gen. Michael Calhoun to temporarily move National Guard members from six "storefront" recruitment centers to armories. Also, he ordered Calhoun to work with local law-enforcement agencies to arrange regular security checks of armories and said the state will expedite processing of new concealed-weapons licenses for members of the National Guard.

"We're going to do everything we can to make sure that all of our National Guard members are safe,'' Scott, who was scheduled to hold a late-afternoon news conference in West Palm Beach, said during a CNN interview.

The executive order said Guard members will be moved from the recruitment centers to armories until Calhoun "can fully evaluate and make recommendations for improving the security" of the centers. It said possible improvements could include installing bulletproof glass and enhancing video-surveillance equipment.

The move to expedite new concealed-weapons licenses would apply to Guard members who do not have such permits. Scott said during the CNN interview that the move is designed for "personal protection when they are not on duty."
Are they going to be given real psychological evals before giving them concealed weapons permits?
Why should they?

You dont have a right to a concealed weapon just because you are in the military. There should be someway to make sure nutcases are not being given free license to kill people.

Why should they?

You dont have a right to a concealed weapon just because you are in the military. There should be someway to make sure nutcases are not being given free license to kill people.

But you do have the right to bear arms as an American. I'm guessing these soldiers are American.

Why should they?

But you do have the right to bear arms as an American. I'm guessing these soldiers are American.
No you dont have a right to bear arms if you are a nutcase. I advise you to check the law and not just take my word for it.

Why should they?

Well....can you tell me something...actually explain something....

You are afraid to allow military people to carry guns.....because they might be nuts...right? Am I wrong about that?

So....what stops that now? Could you please enlighten me? Any military person can go to a gun store, can pass a background check and get a gun and if they are nuts now, they can go and shoot people....right now.....since they will ignore all the laws against murder, and the gun free zone laws...right?

So how will allowing military people to carry guns, like every other American can.....be more dangerous....since by your own gun grabbing standards they have far more training with guns than non military civilians...right?

Can you explain that process....?

Why should they?

Well....there are a lot of non citizens in the U.S. army........

Why should they?

You are afraid to allow military people to carry guns.....because they might be nuts...right? Am I wrong about that?

So....what stops that now? Could you please enlighten me? Any military person can go to a gun store, can pass a background check and get a gun and if they are nuts now, they can go and shoot people....right now.....since they will ignore all the laws against murder, and the gun free zone laws...right?

So how will allowing military people to carry guns, like every other American can.....be more dangerous....since by your own gun grabbing standards they have far more training with guns than non military civilians...right?

Like most people with low intelligence you have confused the issue. Training helps you learn how to use the gun more effectively. It doesnt guard against insanity. If they pass a rigorous pysch eval, I have no problem with them carrying a gun my tax dollars paid for while on duty.

How many have been killed in zones that allow guns? I bet more.

Are you implying in active war zones or on Gun free zone military facilities?

actually no.....almost all mass shootings have occurred in gun free zones....of course Mother Jones tried to say that those places were not chosen because they were gun free, but because they had some connection to the shooter. but they of course missed the point that those places by law were already gun free zones so no choice had to be made.....and of the shooters who we know about who talked about their choice of target when they had no connection to the site...chose it because it was undefended by good guys with guns....

Why should they?

People like assclaps believe every whitey is a nutcase.

Why should they?

Like most people with low intelligence you have confused the issue. Training helps you learn how to use the gun more effectively. It doesnt guard against insanity. If they pass a rigorous pysch eval, I have no problem with them carrying a gun my tax dollars paid for while on duty.

Like all anti gun extremist who are nut jobs you dodged the question.....

Let me repeat it for your low intellect.....

Like all anti gun extremist who are nut jobs you dodged the question.....

Let me repeat it for your low intellect.....

Why should they?

I have no problem with them carrying a gun my tax dollars paid for while on duty.

again, that is stupid, since right now they can go out and buy a gun and go shoot people without a psych evaluation......right? So what would your psych eval do? How would it stop a mentally ill killer, in the military, from getting an illegal gun and going to a gun free zone military facility and shooting people? Or even using a legal gun to do it?

You are only disarming good people and doing nothing to address crazy killers...right....Mr. low intellect....?

Only whitey like you that shoot stray dogs for sport.

Ah....allow me to translate......

Wow...2aguy showed how stupid my point was..again....he does it all the time and always makes me look really fucking stupid...I have no real come back....I know....I'll make some shit up and insult him.....

End of translation....

I have no problem with them carrying a gun my tax dollars paid for while on duty.

again, that is stupid, since right now they can go out and buy a gun and go shoot people without a psych evaluation......right? So what would your psych eval do? How would it stop a mentally ill killer, in the military, from getting an illegal gun and going to a gun free zone military facility and shooting people? Or even using a legal gun to do it?

You are only disarming good people and doing nothing to address crazy killers...right....Mr. low intellect....?
You appear to be struggling with the point I am making. Try reading my post again or have someone with better reading comprehension enlighten you.

Ah....allow me to translate......

Wow...2aguy showed how stupid my point was..again....he does it all the time and always makes me look really fucking stupid...I have no real come back....I know....I'll make some shit up and insult him.....

End of translation....
You must be stressed. I wasnt even talking to you in this reply.

You appear to be struggling with the point I am making. Try reading my post again or have someone with better reading comprehension enlighten you.

No.....your point is stupid. I have shown you how stupid it is....try again.....

I know...you went to a government school, which was controlled by the education wing of the democrat party...so your ability to think has been stunted....but you can overcome that....

No.....your point is stupid. I have shown you how stupid it is....try again.....

I know...you went to a government school, which was controlled by the education wing of the democrat party...so your ability to think has been stunted....but you can overcome that....
Youve only shown how stupid you are. Again have someone brighter than yourself read my post and clarify for you what it means.

I've never shot a dog for sport, but when has the facts ever stopped you.

Forum List

Back