Should taxpayers bail out 3rd coast if BP does not?

Should taxpayers bail out 3rd coast if BP does not?

• Yes

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
I'm convinced that S. Louisianna has been on the government dole since Katrina, and now that they're seeing that dry up, the Oil Slick is only the new excuse to be on the dole, rather than adapt.

Sorry guys, but you're gonna hafta be big boys now.

So lemme get this straight - our state gets drenched in oil so you can ride around in cars and airplanes - and its our problem, not yours?

You know, if you don't like living in a nation which takes care of its own when a disaster hits, there are many, many other countries you can choose to live in.

That isn't what he said at all.

I wasn't asking you dipshit, let Samson speak for himself.

I'm convinced that S. Louisianna has been on the government dole since Katrina, and now that they're seeing that dry up, the Oil Slick is only the new excuse to be on the dole, rather than adapt.

So lemme get this straight - our state gets drenched in oil so you can ride around in cars and airplanes - and its our problem, not yours?

You know, if you don't like living in a nation which takes care of its own when a disaster hits, there are many, many other countries you can choose to live in.

You're state is drenched in oil (which is pure hyperbole) because of a disaster, it has nothing to do with my Gulfstream or my Silverado. But please explain to me how parking my truck and keeping my plane in a hanger will help the oil drenched state of Louisiana?

It's simple. He with his mindset wishes to make us feel guilty for our standard of living. Him and the rest of his pals. Nevermind that he failed to answer Samson's post correctly.

Accidents happen...rarely, but they do. Find out what happened...take measures to minimize it...and move on. Doesn't mean we should lower our living standards at all.

Shouldn't you be out volunteering your services to cleanup your oil drenched beaches?

You're state is drenched in oil (which is pure hyperbole) because of a disaster, it has nothing to do with my Gulfstream or my Silverado. But please explain to me how parking my truck and keeping my plane in a hanger will help the oil drenched state of Louisiana?

It's simple. He with his mindset wishes to make us feel guilty for our standard of living. Him and the rest of his pals. Nevermind that he failed to answer Samson's post correctly.

Accidents happen...rarely, but they do. Find out what happened...take measures to minimize it...and move on. Doesn't mean we should lower our living standards at all.

I agree with you 100 percent.

I answered it FOR YOU in the post before this one. You fail. Got it?

It's simple. He with his mindset wishes to make us feel guilty for our standard of living. Him and the rest of his pals.
Nope. I use oil myself. Any guilt you feel is entirely of your own making.

Thing is cumquat, *I* don't feel guilty at all. Drill Baby, DRILL!

It is YOU and your dumbass posts decrying what happened...and *YOU* use the very thing that you decry. So I think you and the rest of your pals should either put up, or SHUT UP.

You mentality is firghtenening and sickening at the same time...and to think you vote? That's the travesty here.

I don't think the "taxpayers" have much of a choice in this case.

It has to be cleaned up.

Immie

It has to be cleaned up.

Immie

I haven't heard anyone saying it shouldn't be cleaned up or that the government shouldn't play a role.

And I haven't heard anyone saying we should stop using oil immediately - but you and many other dipshits apparently hear it anyway.

It has to be cleaned up.

Immie

I haven't heard anyone saying it shouldn't be cleaned up or that the government shouldn't play a role.

And I haven't heard anyone saying we should stop using oil immediately - but you and many other dipshits apparently hear it anyway.

Not in those exact words but you did say this:

"Tell you what, you just agree to not use petrol products produced by the sweat of Gulf coast labor and at, apparently, very severe risk to the Gulf coast seafood, tourism, and related industries, and we'll call it even."

Sure you don't. That's why you feel the need to repeatedly bring up the topic of your lack of guilt.
It is YOU and your dumbass posts decrying what happened...and *YOU* use the very thing that you decry.

I don't use oil that washes up on the coast idiot.

You still don't get it do you? But please muddle on will you?

Sure you don't. That's why you feel the need to repeatedly bring up the topic of your lack of guilt.
It is YOU and your dumbass posts decrying what happened...and *YOU* use the very thing that you decry.

I don't use oil that washes up on the coast idiot.

Do you know anybody who does?

Not in those exact words but you did say this:

"Tell you what, you just agree to not use petrol products produced by the sweat of Gulf coast labor and at, apparently, very severe risk to the Gulf coast seafood, tourism, and related industries, and we'll call it even."

Yep. Nevermind that just being alive on the planet is full of risk, and therefore why make it riskier by activity that raises the standard of living for people in this nation and across the globe?

Thus my question of why Spidey should just give up...cease using any/all advances in technology brought forth by this activity...and leave the rest of us alone.

Why should we pay for this foreign private industry's/corporation's mistakes, when they made $6 billion in profits last quarter alone?

Do we get to share in their profits or do they get to keep their profits and we have to subsidize their losses?

bp is paying for it....as they should.

Why should we pay for this foreign private industry's/corporation's mistakes, when they made $6 billion in profits last quarter alone?

Do we get to share in their profits or do they get to keep their profits and we have to subsidize their losses?

They'll pay up to 75 million, the rest will be up to us taxpayers.

They'll pay up to 75 million, the rest will be up to us taxpayers.

I thought the 75 million cap was for damages to people hurt via loss of business/future business...but NOT the cost of the clean up and closing the gusher?

Forum List

Back