Should The Rich Be Required To Pay Higher Taxes In the US?

When 95% of new wealth goes to the richest 1% and the nonrich and the country are falling apart, it's time for more taxes on the richest and their tax free corps.

Could that possibly be because the top 1% benefit from wise investments in America, creating new jobs, products and services while the poor do not invest at all? The rich are not rich because the poor are poor and the poor are not poor because the rich are rich. Your consistent jealousy - like that of all the loony lefties here, there and everywhere, has been duly noted ... again.
:boohoo:
^^ Perfect brainwashed chump of the greedy idiot rich GOP...funny how I'm not jealous of Dem rich, just the lying a-holes we're all cheated by. see sig

You mean like George Soros who funds all manner of loony left lunacy with money he made by raping small, economically defenseless countries?
Oh wait ... he's a Dem so it's all good.
:lmao:

If you put 12.4% of your lifetime earnings in the stock market and 12.4% of your lifetime earnings into Social Security and die tomorrow, at the age of 61 years, 363 days, which of your two retirement plans will give your family more money, the stock market or Social Security?

Unless you had all of your eggs in the market when Republicans/corporate America/BushCo crashed the economy in 2007/2008.

Then you'd still have much, much more than from Social Security.

Tell that to the tens of millions of Americans that lost some or all of their retirement income.

You want me to tell them that if they invested 12.4% of lifetime earnings in the market instead of in Social Security that they'd have a lot more money in retirement, even with the fluctuations in the market? Okay.

If you put 12.4% of your lifetime earnings in the stock market and 12.4% of your lifetime earnings into Social Security and die tomorrow, at the age of 61 years, 363 days, which of your two retirement plans will give your family more money, the stock market or Social Security?

Unless you had all of your eggs in the market when Republicans/corporate America/BushCo crashed the economy in 2007/2008.

Then you'd still have much, much more than from Social Security.

Tell that to the tens of millions of Americans that lost some or all of their retirement income.

Yanno, for those with the stomach to stay the course, 2009-2015 was about the most profitable 6 years in history. I take it you keep your money in your checking acct, bank CDs and six-packs of beer.

Last edited:
Sure Bubba, It's me conflating RETIREMENT ACCOUNTS FOR A SOCIAL INSURANCE SYSTEM??? lol
You don't like social security because it was designed as something that had to be paid into in order to get something back out.
you want the free money where you put no effort into earning it, but you still get a check from someone elses bank account.
what a welfare queen you must be.

Stop projecting dummy. After 35 years of Reaganomics, putting EVERYTHING on the credit card for the baby boomer generation, NEVER wanting to pay for ANYTHING, you want to call ME a welfare queen? lol

putting EVERYTHING on the credit card for the baby boomer generation, NEVER wanting to pay for ANYTHING

That darn Reagan was a slacker! $1.6 trillion added to the debt and all he did was defeat the Evil Empire.
Obama has added $7.5 trillion, so far, and all he did was let ISIS run wild across the Middle East, released Iran from international sanctions and let Russia get away with invading the Ukraine.

YEP, Ronnie TRIPLED US debt where Obama walked into what GOP/Dubya set him up with.

HE DEFEATED THE EMPIRE? WHOSE PUTIN? What was 45 years of US policy on containment? lol

Saint Ronnie, without the collective amnesia of right wingers, what Ronnie's REAL policies did, what would you Klowns have?

YEP, Ronnie TRIPLED US debt

Yup, $1.6 trillion increase, the bastard!

Obama walked into what GOP/Dubya set him up with.

Poor baby, I guess his $7.5 trillion increase isn't so bad then, besides, he's half-black.

HE DEFEATED THE EMPIRE?

Yup, tens of millions freed from Soviet bondage.
Yup, tripled it in good times, started S+L BUST and big recession. What a genius.

UE and welfare for W's victims were 800 billion/year, STILL 400 billion. Great job. And we're better off than anywhere else in the world now.

Gorby did that. We're lucky Reagan's bluster and grandstanding didn't get the USSR's hardliners back in.

And Reagan's legacy is WORSE. W. and now.

The Demise of the American Middle Class In Numbers.
Over the past 30 years the American dream has gradually disappeared. The process was slow, so most people didn’t notice. They just worked a few more hours, borrowed a little more and cut back on non-essentials. But looking at the numbers and comparing them over long time periods, it is obvious that things have changed drastically. Here are the details:
1. WORKERS PRODUCE MORE BUT THE GAINS GO TO BUSINESS.
Over the past 63 years worker productivity has grown by 2.0% per year.
But after 1980, workers received a smaller share every year. Labor’s share of income (1992 = 100%):
1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%
A 13% drop since 1980
2. THE TOP 10% GET A LARGER SHARE.

Share of National Income going to Top 10%:
1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%
An increase of 16% since Reagan.
3. WORKERS COMPENSATED FOR THE LOSS OF INCOME BY SPENDING THEIR SAVINGS.

The savings Rose up to Reagan and fell during and after.
1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%
2006 = -1.1% (Negative = withdrawing from savings)
A 12.3% drop after Reagan.
4. WORKERS ALSO BORROWED TO MAKE UP FOR THE LOSS.

Household Debt as percentage of GDP:
1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%
A 45% increase after 1980.
5. SO THE GAP BETWEEN THE RICHEST AND THE POOREST HAS GROWN.
Gap Between the Share of Capital Income earned by the top 1%
and the bottom 80%:
1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%
A 5.6 times increase.
6. AND THE AMERICAN DREAM IS GONE.

The Probably of Moving Up from the Bottom 40% to the Top 40%:
1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%
A 10% Decrease.
Links:
1 = ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/special.requests/pf/totalf1.txt
1 = https://www.clevelandfed.org/Research/PolicyDis/No7Nov04.pdf
1 = http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Zh1bveXc8rA/SuddUhLWUaI/AAAAAAAAA7M/iU2gefk317M/s1600-h/Clipboard01.jpg
2 – http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/blog/09/04/27/CongratulationstoEmmanuelSaez/
3 = http://www.demos.org/inequality/images/charts/uspersonalsaving_thumb.gif
3 = http://www.bea.gov/national/nipaweb/TableView.asp?SelectedTable=58&Freq=Qtr&FirstYear=2008&LastYear=2010
4 = http://www.prudentbear.com/index.php/household-sector-debt-of-gdp
4 = http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/z1/current/
5/6 = http://www.businessinsider.com/15-charts-about-wealth-and-inequality-in-america-2010-4?slop=1#slideshow-start
Overview = http://www.ourfuture.org/blog-entry/2010062415/reagan-revolution-home-roost-charts

Keep dreaming. A REGRESSIVE tax isn't needed, but weird how the GOP stops ANYTHING that might require their overlords to pay more equitable with their wealth!
What I find perplexing is how the liberals seem to think they have a right to someone elses earned income.

Increasingly I find some small difference between libs, who focus on social policy, and leftists, who focus on OPM (Other People's Money). That said, it is crystal clear that leftists will abide no infringement on their "right" to redistribute your wealth to themselves and those they would endow.
The income/wealth "inequality" scam so popular with loony leftists is a thin veneer for "take from the rich (anyone with more than them) and give it to me."

To the Progs, you have no rights.

by boedicca on US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Total hater dupe bs. Give to rebuilding the nonrich and the country and training the UE. Jeebus you're brainwashed. Examples?

Please, take an English as a Second Language class.
No argument at all, go to stupid insults...Pub dupes....

What I find perplexing is how the liberals seem to think they have a right to someone elses earned income.

Increasingly I find some small difference between libs, who focus on social policy, and leftists, who focus on OPM (Other People's Money). That said, it is crystal clear that leftists will abide no infringement on their "right" to redistribute your wealth to themselves and those they would endow.
The income/wealth "inequality" scam so popular with loony leftists is a thin veneer for "take from the rich (anyone with more than them) and give it to me."

Total hater dupe bs. Give to rebuilding the nonrich and the country and training the UE. Jeebus you're brainwashed. Examples?

^^^ Irony is Ironic ^^^

Just to summarize this the latest Normal American vs. Loony Leftist thread:

LL: Hey, you have more than me. That's not fair. Gimme some.

NA: Hey, go f*%k yourself.

When 95% of new wealth goes to the richest 1% and the nonrich and the country are falling apart, it's time for more taxes on the richest and their tax free corps.

Could that possibly be because the top 1% benefit from wise investments in America, creating new jobs, products and services while the poor do not invest at all? The rich are not rich because the poor are poor and the poor are not poor because the rich are rich. Your consistent jealousy - like that of all the loony lefties here, there and everywhere, has been duly noted ... again.
^^ Perfect brainwashed chump of the greedy idiot rich GOP...funny how I'm not jealous of Dem rich, just the lying a-holes we're all cheated by. see sig

You mean like George Soros who funds all manner of loony left lunacy with money he made by raping small, economically defenseless countries?
My, you know a lot of total bs...he's for raising his own taxes.

^^^ Irony is Ironic ^^^
But thanks for the ready made propaganda. When you have a personal thought, send up a flare.

Just to summarize this the latest Normal American vs. Loony Leftist thread:

LL: Hey, you have more than me. That's not fair. Gimme some.

NA: Hey, go f*%k yourself.

As an aside, I perused the last 12 pages (about 40 Dad2Three posts) and in none of them did anyone award Dad with an atta-boy for his work here. Not a "thanks" nor an "agree" nor even a "LOL." Nothing. Considering his prolific loony leftist braying and the effort he applies to his posts one would think that someone would find his silliness worthy of some love. Nope. In fact, considering the sources the boy employs I'd say he's a low-level union office clerk on a mission

Yeah, sure he is. Look who drank the kool-aid. If Soros was sincere he would throw in with Gates and Buffett and put his wealth - garnered by raping economically defenseless countries - to work helping Americans.
Soros is an ideologically driven fraud, just like you.

We made
Top 7 Wackiest Examples of Wasteful Government Spending from Wastebook 2014

1. The National Institute of Health’s Center for Alternative and Complimentary Medicine spent $387,000 to study the effects of Swedish massages on rabbits.
2. The Department of Interior spent $10,000 to monitor the growth rate of saltmarsh grass. In other words, the government is paying people to watch grass grow. On the bright side, they have not started paying people to watch paint dry.
3. The National Science Foundation has granted more than $200,000 to a research project that is trying to determine how and why Wikipedia is sexist. Wikipedia’s War on Woman?
4. The National Institute of Health funded a study to see if mothers love dogs as much as they love kids. Regardless of the results, this experiment cost taxpayers $371,026.
5. The federal government has granted $804,254 for the development of a smartphone game called “Kiddio: Food Fight.” The game is intended to teach parents how to convince their children to try and eat new healthier food choices.
6. The National Endowment for the Humanities has provided $47,000 for undergraduate classes that teach students about laughing and humor.
7. The National Science Foundation spent $856,000 to teach mountain lions how to walk on treadmills as part of a research project whose aim was to better understand mountain lions’ instincts.

While some of these waste examples seem like a drop in the bucket, cutting wasteful spending is important to build momentum to tackle even more difficult and pressing issues, like entitlement spending.

shrimp.png
There's a reason behind all those projects. Look into them you realize GOP being petty hypocrites and only telling half the story. It's an election year coming up get ready.
BS...................It's wasteful spending..............hundreds of Billions of waste in the Waste book every year....................and your side we can't cut spending.........
Weve made lots of austerity cuts in the last 15 years. Hasn't made a dent in the debt. We need to cut military spending and corporate welfare

Cuts? Where at? The government is getting bigger budgets every year. We need some big time cuts. Corporate welfare needs to go. BofA, Wells Fargo, GE, GM, and Amtrak, need to be cut off. Then cut 15% across the rest of the budget. Raise taxes on everyone for four years, then cut them back. Get rid of tax exemptions for PACs. We need to also rein in all non-profit political organizations.

"That's not a tax break for the Waltons."

True, Walton's ONLY have a greater than 50% stake in Walmart

Remember, Walmart Procurement, Logistics, and Transportation are privately held companies wholly owned by the Walmart seven, so they receive more than the 'greater than 50% stake.'

Remember, Walmart Procurement, Logistics, and Transportation are privately held companies wholly owned by the Walmart seven, so they receive more than the 'greater than 50% stake.'

Prove it.

There is no mention of Walmart Procurement, Logistics, and Transportation in any SEC filings, which means they aren't part of Walmart Stores, Inc.

Ever wonder how the products you see on our shelves get there? It all comes down to logistics, and it's how Walmart works. Every year, we move millions of products from manufacturers to Walmart distribution centers, and from distribution centers to the shelves in our stores.
Distribution Centers

Walmart’s 158 distribution centers are hubs of activity for our business. Our distribution operation is one of the largest in the world. Walmart logistics has a fleet of 6,500 tractors, 55,000 trailers and more than 7,000 drivers.

Walmart Logistics

LOL!

Nothing is stopping any of them from not taking deductions and paying more in taxes. But they don't do they, I wonder why? :rolleyes:

Yes, the Kochs, Walton family, Romney ALL started at the same place as the poor *shaking head*

Sam Walton was a classic American rags-2-riches success story. The loony lefties who would destroy America's socio-economic system to serve their definition of "fairness" mostly want to end the kind of opportunity that made Walton's success possible:

"Sam Walton was born to Tom Gibson Walton and Nancy Lee, in Kingfisher, Oklahoma, He lived there with his parents on their farm until 1923. However, farming did not provide enough money to raise a family, and Thomas Walton went into farm mortgaging.
"Growing up during the Great Depression, Walton had numerous chores to help make financial ends meet for his family as was common at the time. He milked the family cow, bottled the surplus, and drove it to customers. Afterwards, he would deliver Columbia Daily Tribune newspapers on a paper route. In addition, he also sold magazine subscriptions.
"After high school, Walton decided to attend college, hoping to find a better way to help support his family. He attended the University of Missouri as an ROTC cadet. During this time, he worked various odd jobs, including waiting tables in exchange for meals."

And look what his children have done to tarnish his effort.

Yes, the Kochs, Walton family, Romney ALL started at the same place as the poor *shaking head*

Sam Walton was a classic American rags-2-riches success story. The loony lefties who would destroy America's socio-economic system to serve their definition of "fairness" mostly want to end the kind of opportunity that made Walton's success possible:

"Sam Walton was born to Tom Gibson Walton and Nancy Lee, in Kingfisher, Oklahoma, He lived there with his parents on their farm until 1923. However, farming did not provide enough money to raise a family, and Thomas Walton went into farm mortgaging.
"Growing up during the Great Depression, Walton had numerous chores to help make financial ends meet for his family as was common at the time. He milked the family cow, bottled the surplus, and drove it to customers. Afterwards, he would deliver Columbia Daily Tribune newspapers on a paper route. In addition, he also sold magazine subscriptions.
"After high school, Walton decided to attend college, hoping to find a better way to help support his family. He attended the University of Missouri as an ROTC cadet. During this time, he worked various odd jobs, including waiting tables in exchange for meals."

And look what his children have done to tarnish his effort.
other than continuing to build his vision, exactly how have they tarnished his efforts.

Since the guy is in his early 60s, I assume no minor children.
And since his wife worked too, she's still going to collect her same benefit.
No boost based on his early death.

So how much was your income that you paid zero taxes on? Details man.

She'll collect his side as the last surviving spouse when she reaches age.

I made $1.00 last year.

Since the guy is in his early 60s, I assume no minor children.
And since his wife worked too, she's still going to collect her same benefit.
No boost based on his early death.

So how much was your income that you paid zero taxes on? Details man.

She'll collect his side as the last surviving spouse when she reaches age.

I made $1.00 last year.
can I has fiddy cent?

We made
Top 7 Wackiest Examples of Wasteful Government Spending from Wastebook 2014

1. The National Institute of Health’s Center for Alternative and Complimentary Medicine spent $387,000 to study the effects of Swedish massages on rabbits.
2. The Department of Interior spent $10,000 to monitor the growth rate of saltmarsh grass. In other words, the government is paying people to watch grass grow. On the bright side, they have not started paying people to watch paint dry.
3. The National Science Foundation has granted more than $200,000 to a research project that is trying to determine how and why Wikipedia is sexist. Wikipedia’s War on Woman?
4. The National Institute of Health funded a study to see if mothers love dogs as much as they love kids. Regardless of the results, this experiment cost taxpayers $371,026.
5. The federal government has granted $804,254 for the development of a smartphone game called “Kiddio: Food Fight.” The game is intended to teach parents how to convince their children to try and eat new healthier food choices.
6. The National Endowment for the Humanities has provided $47,000 for undergraduate classes that teach students about laughing and humor.
7. The National Science Foundation spent $856,000 to teach mountain lions how to walk on treadmills as part of a research project whose aim was to better understand mountain lions’ instincts.

While some of these waste examples seem like a drop in the bucket, cutting wasteful spending is important to build momentum to tackle even more difficult and pressing issues, like entitlement spending.

shrimp.png
There's a reason behind all those projects. Look into them you realize GOP being petty hypocrites and only telling half the story. It's an election year coming up get ready.
BS...................It's wasteful spending..............hundreds of Billions of waste in the Waste book every year....................and your side we can't cut spending.........
Weve made lots of austerity cuts in the last 15 years. Hasn't made a dent in the debt. We need to cut military spending and corporate welfare

Cuts? Where at? The government is getting bigger budgets every year. We need some big time cuts. Corporate welfare needs to go. BofA, Wells Fargo, GE, GM, and Amtrak, need to be cut off. Then cut 15% across the rest of the budget. Raise taxes on everyone for four years, then cut them back. Get rid of tax exemptions for PACs. We need to also rein in all non-profit political organizations.
We spend more than the rest of the world combined on defense.

Forum List

Back