🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should there be mandatory training before you can purchase a firearm?

I talked about training teachers to provide basic gun safety training to their students and providing the materials to do so via the internet or DVDs
Haha....that's even dumber. I seriously unserestimated the amount of stupid you have brought to the table, here. Thank you for the correction.

Nevertheless, you are still doing follish, because you not only think the above idea is good (how fucking embarrassing), you also do want to arm teachers.

You know what it makes you when you can't accept your own ignorance, STUPID. So run along stupid, you're making a fool of yourself. BTW teachers are already carrying in classes all across the US and more and more will every day, you lose asshole.

It was a reaction to a problem that could be solved as easily as banning the use of antidepressants on anyone under 21.

But then, that’s a solution, not a political stance.

I’d rather save lives then win elections based on paranoia

I was simply addressing the point that there is no particular law stating teachers cannot be armed.
Whereas it may be someone's opinion that is or isn't a good idea ... Opinion carries no authority.

There is a federal law regarding gun free zones and schools ... But states are allowed to write the exemptions to that law.

The federal law is not enforced to the same standards from state to state.
In some states, all that is required to carry a firearm on school property is a CAC permit and permission from the school.

I am just pointing out where if a school wants to arm their teachers ... It is possible to do so.
Some schools already arm teachers or staff ... And remain compliant with the laws within their jurisdiction.
To suggest it is a "new idea" or an initiative that hasn't already been put in place ... Is an attempt to allow opinion to override reality.

Oh, I get it. Not down on you.

Simply all this chatter about something that serves no purpose, solves no problem.

Waste of time

The solution...to what? Training classes? Uh...you pay for them yourself , on your own time and own dime, from a certified instructor?

Surely this is not what everybody is having a hard time puzzling out, right?

Actually ... Firearms and TC3 (tactical combat critical care) training are free of charge for teachers, school staff and administrators ... Faster Saves Lives

And it solves what?
As part of a larger collection of measures, it will help change our ridiculous gun culture. I am not going to play this rigged parlor game, where we pull individual things out if the larger context and be forced to argue how that one measure "solves everything".

I talked about training teachers to provide basic gun safety training to their students and providing the materials to do so via the internet or DVDs
Haha....that's even dumber. I seriously unserestimated the amount of stupid you have brought to the table, here. Thank you for the correction.

Nevertheless, you are still doing follish, because you not only think the above idea is good (how fucking embarrassing), you also do want to arm teachers.

What method of training/education do you think would be a better option? I'm not sure, but I think OKTexas was just responding to the thread premise with a suggestion for how it could be accomplished.
A better option...than training children in schools during class time? Uh...

....NOT doing that? Come on...really?

Ok, so what is the solution.

You just want folks to think you’re smart without offering a solution.

Problem is, you just appear to be another educated idiot.

Way too much credit. This asshole is just trolling.

What method of training/education do you think would be a better option? I'm not sure, but I think OKTexas was just responding to the thread premise with a suggestion for how it could be accomplished.

On the contrary,; it is you who goes into full troll mode, the moment anyone DARES criticize the tenets of your gun religion.

And it solves what?
As part of a larger collection of measures, it will help change our ridiculous gun culture. I am not going to play this rigged parlor game, where we pull individual things out if the larger context and be forced to argue how that one measure "solves everything".

Still proving you have no idea what the thread topic is, even though it as been explained to you, GD you are stupid.

And it solves what?

Still proving you have no idea what the thread topic is, even though it as been explained to you, GD you are stupid.

I specifically answered the other poster"s question, you whiny little freak. Seriously, just just shut the fuck up for a bit.

On the contrary,; it is you who goes into full troll mode, the moment anyone DARES criticize the tenets of your gun religion.

Yet you insist on presenting off topic bullshit. And I doubt you have much education above the 4th grade. Otherwise you'd have learned something by now.

Yet you insist on presenting off topic bullshit. And I doubt you have much education above the 4th grade. Otherwise you'd have learned something by now.

Man oh man...if only the people on the gun nut side of the argument in official circles were all as ineffectual and whiny as you...new gun control would be a breeze....

And it solves what?

I specifically answered the other poster"s question, you whiny little freak. Seriously, just just shut the fuck up for a bit.

Bullshit, you made a shit load of biased assumptions. The thread topic is to address one specific thing, general gun safety training, and it was never claimed it would solve everything. People like you are the ones that make gun owners stand firm, no more compromise, no giving a fraction of an inch.

Man oh man...if only the people on the gun nut side of the argument in official circles were all as ineffectual and whiny as you...new gun control would be a breeze....

Yeah, just keep spewing your masters talking points, have you ever had an original thought in you miserable little uneducated life? Now try getting on topic or STFU. Oh wait, I get it now, you're one of those Russian trolls we keep hearing about, eh comrade.

A better option if engaging in a Constitutionally protected right requires such training or education. You know, the premise for the thread?

I'm opposed to the idea of mandatory training/education to own a gun, but if discussing how it might be implemented, teaching a class in schools, perhaps a high school elective, seems as if it could possibly accomplish the intended goal.

Think about it. This is not a gun rights issue. It all about safety. Would you really want your neighbor having a gun and no clue how to use it safely, or even hit what he's aiming at? We require drivers to take a driving test and get a license. Why should guns be any different?

BTW, I am totally pro 2nd amendment. I just want the ones who own those guns to know what they are doing.

No, only for CCW. I can wear a gun on a sling just as well. :)

True enough about negligence being a contributor. A safety course would give some kind of heads up though

And do almost nothing of statistical value. Roughly 99% of gun deaths are caused by A. Criminal activity and B. Suicide. Neither will be effected by training.

The other 1% is caused by carelessness. Those folks won’t be any less careless because they went to a class or two.

So, if there’s a point to all this, except, wouldn’t it be nice, please bring it forth.

If nothing else, it could appease the anti-gunners and still allow ownership of semi-autos & bump stocks or anything else they're targeting for banning

I don’t negotiate my rights aware

It’s a fools game

Bring a problem that this will solve and we will talk. Until then, I’ve heard of no such problem.

Actually I did.......the problem being the types of guns we can own are being banned and illegal to own. What good is a 6 shooter that you own legally if the criminal has an AR-15 from the black market?????

It's true that it's not up to me......but if so, I'd be willing to take some safety course and even periodic refresher courses....if it meant I could legally own my AR15, AK47, bumpstocks, etc. that are currently being taken away.

Sometimes to get what you want you have to give a little......so 'negotiating your rights' as you say is better than having them taken from you one gun at a time as is currently happening right under your nose.

This is where you are deluding yourself......you will give up on training as a way of telling the anti gunners, see....I will give up a little and support mandatory training, if you back off on what guns I can own. They will say, sure thing. Then, once you have given them the training requirement...as they are making that requirement more and more of a ban on gun ownership through fees and time, and levels of training, they will come back and say, yes...but we now need to take the AR-15 too....

There is no "giving a little" to get a little with extremists...they hate guns, if you own a gun, or worse, carry a gun, they hate you...

That is the math, it is simple, it is clear, but that is what the math is...

and in the meantime they're taking our guns AND imposing other restrictions as well and we're not doing anything proactive to stop it.

And it solves what?

Fuck saving life’s. That’s your answer?

I’ve demonstrated you would not save any.

And do almost nothing of statistical value. Roughly 99% of gun deaths are caused by A. Criminal activity and B. Suicide. Neither will be effected by training.

The other 1% is caused by carelessness. Those folks won’t be any less careless because they went to a class or two.

So, if there’s a point to all this, except, wouldn’t it be nice, please bring it forth.

If nothing else, it could appease the anti-gunners and still allow ownership of semi-autos & bump stocks or anything else they're targeting for banning

I don’t negotiate my rights aware

It’s a fools game

Bring a problem that this will solve and we will talk. Until then, I’ve heard of no such problem.

Actually I did.......the problem being the types of guns we can own are being banned and illegal to own. What good is a 6 shooter that you own legally if the criminal has an AR-15 from the black market?????

It's true that it's not up to me......but if so, I'd be willing to take some safety course and even periodic refresher courses....if it meant I could legally own my AR15, AK47, bumpstocks, etc. that are currently being taken away.

Sometimes to get what you want you have to give a little......so 'negotiating your rights' as you say is better than having them taken from you one gun at a time as is currently happening right under your nose.

This is where you are deluding yourself......you will give up on training as a way of telling the anti gunners, see....I will give up a little and support mandatory training, if you back off on what guns I can own. They will say, sure thing. Then, once you have given them the training requirement...as they are making that requirement more and more of a ban on gun ownership through fees and time, and levels of training, they will come back and say, yes...but we now need to take the AR-15 too....

There is no "giving a little" to get a little with extremists...they hate guns, if you own a gun, or worse, carry a gun, they hate you...

That is the math, it is simple, it is clear, but that is what the math is...

and in the meantime they're taking our guns AND imposing other restrictions as well and we're not doing anything proactive to stop it.

You bargain your rights away way too cheaply.

The solution...to what? Training classes? Uh...you pay for them yourself , on your own time and own dime, from a certified instructor?

Surely this is not what everybody is having a hard time puzzling out, right?

And it solves what?

Necessary for what purpose?

You are here for a reason, or what?

He's here to derail any and all conversations where he thinks viewpoints he disapproves of might actually be discussed seriously and thoughtfully.

Forum List

Back