🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should there be mandatory training before you can purchase a firearm?

If nothing else, it could appease the anti-gunners and still allow ownership of semi-autos & bump stocks or anything else they're targeting for banning

I don’t negotiate my rights aware

It’s a fools game

Bring a problem that this will solve and we will talk. Until then, I’ve heard of no such problem.

Actually I did.......the problem being the types of guns we can own are being banned and illegal to own. What good is a 6 shooter that you own legally if the criminal has an AR-15 from the black market?????

It's true that it's not up to me......but if so, I'd be willing to take some safety course and even periodic refresher courses....if it meant I could legally own my AR15, AK47, bumpstocks, etc. that are currently being taken away.

Sometimes to get what you want you have to give a little......so 'negotiating your rights' as you say is better than having them taken from you one gun at a time as is currently happening right under your nose.

This is where you are deluding yourself......you will give up on training as a way of telling the anti gunners, see....I will give up a little and support mandatory training, if you back off on what guns I can own. They will say, sure thing. Then, once you have given them the training requirement...as they are making that requirement more and more of a ban on gun ownership through fees and time, and levels of training, they will come back and say, yes...but we now need to take the AR-15 too....

There is no "giving a little" to get a little with extremists...they hate guns, if you own a gun, or worse, carry a gun, they hate you...

That is the math, it is simple, it is clear, but that is what the math is...

and in the meantime they're taking our guns AND imposing other restrictions as well and we're not doing anything proactive to stop it.

You bargain your rights away way too cheaply.

I repeat.....
and in the meantime they're taking our guns AND imposing other restrictions as well and we're not doing anything proactive to stop it.

Seems to me, we are currently giving them away

And do almost nothing of statistical value. Roughly 99% of gun deaths are caused by A. Criminal activity and B. Suicide. Neither will be effected by training.

The other 1% is caused by carelessness. Those folks won’t be any less careless because they went to a class or two.

So, if there’s a point to all this, except, wouldn’t it be nice, please bring it forth.

If nothing else, it could appease the anti-gunners and still allow ownership of semi-autos & bump stocks or anything else they're targeting for banning

It’s a fools game

Bring a problem that this will solve and we will talk. Until then, I’ve heard of no such problem.

Actually I did.......the problem being the types of guns we can own are being banned and illegal to own. What good is a 6 shooter that you own legally if the criminal has an AR-15 from the black market?????

It's true that it's not up to me......but if so, I'd be willing to take some safety course and even periodic refresher courses....if it meant I could legally own my AR15, AK47, bumpstocks, etc. that are currently being taken away.

Sometimes to get what you want you have to give a little......so 'negotiating your rights' as you say is better than having them taken from you one gun at a time as is currently happening right under your nose.

This is where you are deluding yourself......you will give up on training as a way of telling the anti gunners, see....I will give up a little and support mandatory training, if you back off on what guns I can own. They will say, sure thing. Then, once you have given them the training requirement...as they are making that requirement more and more of a ban on gun ownership through fees and time, and levels of training, they will come back and say, yes...but we now need to take the AR-15 too....

There is no "giving a little" to get a little with extremists...they hate guns, if you own a gun, or worse, carry a gun, they hate you...

What guns have you had taken away, and by who?

It’s a fools game

None yet that I currently own........but with more gun laws & restrictions, I may not be able to buy more of a particular style, size or caliber because I live in a liberal wasteland

...Exactly how much training is required by the government to buy a car? I can’t find a single law on any books in regards to it. Maybe you can link to it.
People buy guns to kill.

People buy cars to ride.

Big difference.

But you do, indeed, need to pass multiple tests to obtain a drivers license or to operate a car in most jurisdictions.

Such as Mandatory Drivers' Ed(ucation) in most American high school districts of any respectable quality.

It’s a fools game

You bargain your rights away way too cheaply.

I repeat.....

Seems to me, we are currently giving them away

We’ll see.

My rights are not up for debate, nor review

It’s a fools game

None yet that I currently own........but with more gun laws & restrictions, I may not be able to buy more of a particular style, size or caliber because I live in a liberal wasteland

Leave and take your taxes with you.

...Exactly how much training is required by the government to buy a car? I can’t find a single law on any books in regards to it. Maybe you can link to it.
People buy guns to kill.

People buy cars to ride.

Big difference.

But you do, indeed, need to pass multiple tests to obtain a drivers license or to operate a car in most jurisdictions.

Such as Mandatory Drivers' Ed(ucation) in most American high school districts of any respectable quality.

please post a link to the state testing or license to buy a car.

Criminals will use cars/guns to kill

They don’t care about testing or license laws

Suicidal individuals will use cars/guns to commit suicide.

They don’t care about testing or licensing.

99% of all gun related deaths are by criminals or suicide.

Do you have a point? You solve nothing.

Think about it. This is not a gun rights issue. It all about safety. Would you really want your neighbor having a gun and no clue how to use it safely, or even hit what he's aiming at? We require drivers to take a driving test and get a license. Why should guns be any different?

BTW, I am totally pro 2nd amendment. I just want the ones who own those guns to know what they are doing.

So, you want firearms regulated like cars? Well, that means a few things:
1) The Federal government has zero involvement in licensing drivers; and
2) You don't have to have a driver's license nor insurance to purchase or operate a car on private property.

So, in your scenario, states would regulate firearms and the federal government would stay out of it. Machine guns are now legal at the federal level. There would be no need to obtain a state license if you're purchasing a firearm for use on private property, but you may need to undertake training and get a license if you want to carry a firearm in public, it's up to the state.

Deal!

Think about it. This is not a gun rights issue. It all about safety. Would you really want your neighbor having a gun and no clue how to use it safely, or even hit what he's aiming at? We require drivers to take a driving test and get a license. Why should guns be any different?

BTW, I am totally pro 2nd amendment. I just want the ones who own those guns to know what they are doing.

So, you want firearms regulated like cars? Well, that means a few things:
1) The Federal government has zero involvement in licensing drivers; and
2) You don't have to have a driver's license nor insurance to purchase or operate a car on private property.

So, in your scenario, states would regulate firearms and the federal government would stay out of it. Machine guns are now legal at the federal level. There would be no need to obtain a state license if you're purchasing a firearm for use on private property, but you may need to undertake training and get a license if you want to carry a firearm in public, it's up to the state.

Deal!

Cars require licensed if “used” on taxpayer funded roads. No need if “carried”

Should guns be licensed if only “used” at taxpayer funded shooting ranges. No need if “carried”?

It’s a fools game

Deerfield just passed a law that all semi automatic weapons are now banned.....they have banned weapons in California, New York, New Jersey......and now local towns are trying to ban and confiscate so sorry, the argment that they aren't coming for guns is no longer possible.....

...None yet that I currently own........but with more gun laws & restrictions, I may not be able to buy more of a particular style, size or caliber because I live in a liberal wasteland
That's OK... you don't need more than a couple, anyway...

Could you direct me to the occasion when anyone asked you to dictate and approve what they "need"?

It’s a fools game

Deerfield just passed a law that all semi automatic weapons are now banned.....they have banned weapons in California, New York, New Jersey......and now local towns are trying to ban and confiscate so sorry, the argment that they aren't coming for guns is no longer possible.....

The statement was "they're taking our guns." That's slightly different than "coming for guns," it indicates they have already been taken.

The statement was "they're taking our guns." That's slightly different than "coming for guns," it indicates they have already been taken.

When they have banned guns in California, New Jersey, and New York, they have taken guns.....they are coming for more guns each day...

Wouldn't it be nice to be a stupid Limousine Liberal and be against the right to keep and bear arms for everybody else but have enough money so that you could spend $7.3 million a year to have somebody else with arms to protect you?

Facebook paid $7.3m for Mark Zuckerberg's security last year

In all the company has spent about $20m on security and private planes for Zuckerberg since 2015. The security funds were required ‘due to specific threats to his safety’

Facebook increased its spending on security for Mark Zuckerberg by 50% last year, the company has disclosed, paying more than $7.3m (£5.1m) to protect its top executive.

The security funds were required “due to specific threats to his safety arising directly as a result of his position as our founder, chairman, and CEO,” the under-fire social media company said in a new filing to US regulators.

Facebook also said it spent more than $1.5m (£1m) on Zuckerberg’s travel aboard private jets in 2017, meaning that in all the company has spent about $20m on security and private planes for Zuckerberg since 2015.

Security measures at Zuckerberg’s home in California are paid for by the company, according to the filing, as well as bodyguards who accompany the 33-year-old on his travels outside Facebook’s headquarters.

Wouldn't it be nice to be a stupid Limousine Liberal and be against the right to keep and bear arms for everybody else but have enough money so that you could spend $7.3 million a year to have somebody else with arms to protect you?

In all the company has spent about $20m on security and private planes for Zuckerberg since 2015. The security funds were required ‘due to specific threats to his safety’

Facebook increased its spending on security for Mark Zuckerberg by 50% last year, the company has disclosed, paying more than $7.3m (£5.1m) to protect its top executive.

The security funds were required “due to specific threats to his safety arising directly as a result of his position as our founder, chairman, and CEO,” the under-fire social media company said in a new filing to US regulators.

Facebook also said it spent more than $1.5m (£1m) on Zuckerberg’s travel aboard private jets in 2017, meaning that in all the company has spent about $20m on security and private planes for Zuckerberg since 2015.

Security measures at Zuckerberg’s home in California are paid for by the company, according to the filing, as well as bodyguards who accompany the 33-year-old on his travels outside Facebook’s headquarters.

People need to out their security companies.....list the names of the companies and the guns they use to keep their rich people safe.......so the uninformed Americans can see how well protected these people are by guns......the very guns those same rich people want to deny to normal Americans.

People need to out their security companies.....list the names of the companies and the guns they use to keep their rich people safe.......so the uninformed Americans can see how well protected these people are by guns......the very guns those same rich people want to deny to normal Americans.

I would like to see a law that said that if you contributed money to anti gun groups and spoke out against the right to keep and bear that you would not be allowed to provide any sort of private protection. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Forum List

Back