Should Trump be impeached?

Impeachment is a political process not a legal one. What is required are Congressional votes. If and when Congress feel it is in their best interest to charge, find guilty and remove, then Trump is gone. If Trump committed crimes he goes to court.
Uh-huh.
Just so we're clear:
-You agree that a charge of obstruction requires a provable corrupt intent;
-You also agree that the Mueller report is entirely devoid of a finding of said intent.
Thanks!
It is the Congressional votes that impeaches and removes.
Thank you for agreeing that a charge of obstruction requires a provable corrupt intent.
Thank you for also agreeing that the Mueller report is entirely devoid of a finding of said intent.

As you agree both of these things are true, and thus, Trump did not commit obstruction, why would the Senate vote to remove him if the house is petulant enough to impeach him for it?

I am fully aware of what happened today, what Trump did, what Trump said. Trump is begging to be impeached, which is exactly my point.

The worst mistake the Democrats could make is to impeach Trump!

In the first place, heading into the 2020 Presidential election, Democrats should not do exactly what their main rival wants them to do.

In the second place, what exactly would be accomplished by impeachment? Some naive congressmen and women think impeachment is an end onto itself. It is not. Impeachment is merely an indictment. The trial takes place in the Trump Republican held Senate where conviction will only happen when pigs can fly. Trump would become a martyr, a victim of Democratic overreach. Why do you think Trump wants to be impeached?

In the third place, these immature lawmakers who think Trump should be impeached should look back on 1998 and the failed impeachment of Bill Clinton which was led by the Republicans. After Clinton was vindicated he became more popular. The pending election was a disaster for the GOP. The Speaker, Newt Gingrich, first lost his post. Months later, he was booted out of the House. That is what impeachment accomplished for the Republicans, and Pelosi and others with more experience remember it well.

In the fourth place, a recent poll showed that only 37% want Trump impeached, probably mostly Republicans. It is Trump's only chance. 60% of Americans oppose impeachment. When asked should Trump be reelected, 60% said no, 37% said yes. Twice in the last two days, two different federal courts have ruled against Trump and in favor of the House Democrats.

What does this mean? It means the Democrats are already winning. Taking into consideration 1998, why risk throwing the election in favor of Trump?

OLC, Tlaib, Omar and others calling for impeachment say that it is a Constitutional duty for the House to impeach Trump. Consider this. The worst possible threat to our Constitution is another four years of the Trump Presidency.

This was illustrated in living color today.

Life is a bowl of cherry

Sometimes you get imitation extracts of cherries and you just got to say

"These are grounds for impeachment"

Trump wants impeachment? He plays Br'er Rabbit and claims not to want to be thrown into the briar patch, but he wants it so badly! If he has a strategy (which is doubtful) it would be that no matter what the House indicts him with, his cronies in themSenatemwill forget their constitutional requirement to provide checks and balances and acquit him due to political considerations.

But can Trump summon up the intellect and discipline to play such a long game?

The more you bring up Hillary, the more convinced I am that you have lost the here and now debate.

Regurgitating the past gets you no closer to the truth.

Only a Russian bot would continue playing this stale game.

:)-
Why when there is a current ongoing investigation of her involvement in the Russian affair....but to a leftist playing the part of an unbiased observer as you do your conclusion is laughable, at best

Here try this..... Real Lawyer Explains the The Mueller Report

Everything Trump did was within the legal aspect of a presidents lawfully powers.... but I doubt any of you leftists will agree...so be it!

If the Democrats impeach Trump for "lying", no Democrat will ever hold public office again.
Even as distasteful and repugnant as lying to the public with a straight face is; Trump will not be impeached for lying. Trump & his inner circle have deliberately conspired freely and openly with a foreign enemy just to further his political gains.

I know there is a word for this but for the moment I cannot think of it.

M14 Shooter, do you have any idea what that word could be-?

Just asking

No animosity intended or implied

Perhaps I can help? Traitorous POS 4 words
PURGE you think I'm funny?

Impeachment is a political act..not a legal one. So impeach away.

Impeachment is moot, the Speaker is correct. Most Republican Senators do not put the country before their job security. Integrity is alien to their leader, Moscow Mitch, and even if impeached trump cannot be convicted no matter how probative is the evidence.

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
Impeachment is moot, the Speaker is correct.
I disagree, Pelosi should send articles of impeachment to the Senate; letting the American public see which Senators side with the law and justice and which ones would rather sell their souls to the devil instead.

Impeachment is moot, the Speaker is correct. Most Republican Senators do not put the country before their job security. Integrity is alien to their leader, Moscow Mitch, and even if impeached trump cannot be convicted no matter how probative is the evidence.
Trump has no shame Won't step down At least Nixon did

I disagree, Pelosi should send articles of impeachment to the Senate; letting the American public see which Senators side with the law and justice and which ones would rather sell their souls to the devil instead.

I emphatically disagree; I want trump gone too, but, if he is found not guilty he will claim his innocence at rally's, and his ass kissers will repeat it all over the internet as will the AM Radio conservatives and the talking heads on Fox.

He'll convince the biddable and ignorant that there was no collusion, no obstruction and HRC was supported by Putin. BIG LIES work very well with people who are easily led by demagogues and charlatans like trump.

I am fully aware of what happened today, what Trump did, what Trump said. Trump is begging to be impeached, which is exactly my point.

The worst mistake the Democrats could make is to impeach Trump!

In the first place, heading into the 2020 Presidential election, Democrats should not do exactly what their main rival wants them to do.

In the second place, what exactly would be accomplished by impeachment? Some naive congressmen and women think impeachment is an end onto itself. It is not. Impeachment is merely an indictment. The trial takes place in the Trump Republican held Senate where conviction will only happen when pigs can fly. Trump would become a martyr, a victim of Democratic overreach. Why do you think Trump wants to be impeached?

In the third place, these immature lawmakers who think Trump should be impeached should look back on 1998 and the failed impeachment of Bill Clinton which was led by the Republicans. After Clinton was vindicated he became more popular. The pending election was a disaster for the GOP. The Speaker, Newt Gingrich, first lost his post. Months later, he was booted out of the House. That is what impeachment accomplished for the Republicans, and Pelosi and others with more experience remember it well.

In the fourth place, a recent poll showed that only 37% want Trump impeached, probably mostly Republicans. It is Trump's only chance. 60% of Americans oppose impeachment. When asked should Trump be reelected, 60% said no, 37% said yes. Twice in the last two days, two different federal courts have ruled against Trump and in favor of the House Democrats.

What does this mean? It means the Democrats are already winning. Taking into consideration 1998, why risk throwing the election in favor of Trump?

OLC, Tlaib, Omar and others calling for impeachment say that it is a Constitutional duty for the House to impeach Trump. Consider this. The worst possible threat to our Constitution is another four years of the Trump Presidency.

This was illustrated in living color today.
I disagree entirely. Trump teases about impeachment, but does not want it.
Trump would never be a martyr-who would feel sorry for him?
People liked Clinton, few like Trump-the house may flip though.
Trump just got 2.5 billion for his wall and the Mueller report hearing bombed-Trump wins.
I think the four colored girls are stupid, but they are right to impeach if that is what they believe-not just playing to the cameras.

He'll convince the biddable and ignorant that there was no collusion, no obstruction and HRC was supported by Putin. BIG LIES work very well with people who are easily led by demagogues and charlatans like trump.

Trump will do that anyway
Pelosi should send articles of impeachment to the Senate; letting the American public see which Senators side with the law and justice and which ones would rather sell their souls to the devil instead.

Trump will do that anyway
Every politician lies-Trump just gets caught more.
Trump is stupid Obama is smart Obama respects the Presidency which is why he never bashes moron trump

I don't think impeachment serves the needs of the American people. It's expensive, and this Democrat congress has already avoided legislating to the point of neglect. Adding malfeasance of duty to their already neglect of duty serves no purpose, and will land a Democrat congress in the worst historical light imaginable. Counting amoebae in a petri dish would serve a finer purpose than this congress has already! Let's not compound the folly.

Trump has no shame Won't step down At least Nixon did
Don't you mean Clinton? He's the only contemporary president who was impeached. Trump has not been impeached, and there are more coffee grounds in a grain of sand than there are grounds for impeachment of Donald Trump by Congress. Contemplate that one for a few hours. :3:

Forum List

Back