🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should US oil cpompanies who sell their oil outside of the US lose their subsidies?

We always hear from the right that US oil can lower gas prices, but the truth is that the vast majority of US oil is sold to other countries, because the oil companies can make more money exporting it than selling it domestically.

I think we should stop subsidizing any oil company that does not sell at least 51% of the oil they drill in the US. The American taxpayers shouldn't be forced to subsidize companies that only care about profit and don't care about helping their country.
We shouldn't be subsidizing oil companies. But government shouldn't be allowed to use such subsidies for arm-twisting, in any case.

At the average of 377 gallons of Motor Fuel a day at $4.00 a gallon ($1.51 billion)
And 166 million gallons of Aviation Fuel a day at $4.80 a gallon ($796.8 million)

The Oil Companies sell us $2.31 billion a day in fuel alone.
Not to mention they get it from the ground, through the refinery and in a gas station in your neighborhood.

That's just fuel and the numbers you see will look huge because we use a lot of damn oil ... :auiqs.jpg:

So, you are aware that, by their own statements, Exxon made over $23 billion net last year.

So, you are aware that, by their own statements, Exxon made over $23 billion net last year.

Yes ... As I expected they would, profited myself, as did a lot of other Americans.
A lot of Americans don't have a clue how much they have invested in oil companies, and it cracks me up ... :auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:
The Keystone pipeline still does operate under those rules. For some reason morons have been sold the nonsense the XL is the only pipeline out there ...

Who has claimed the Keystone XL is the only pipeline out there? We'll wait.

Or, maybe that is the voices in your head saying that?

I repeat (without the typos):

Problems with oil cause the entire economy to go haywire and prices of EVERYTHING to skyrocket. Hurting oil companies would starve poor people in the long run.

The BEST thing to do with oil and gas companies is to let them do their thing, drill and produce, and all will be fine. The result will be jobs, energy exports, a booming economy because of cheap gas and energy prices.

And THEN we can entertain some of your ideas of letting one of them fail as long as we are allowing the others to take up the slack.

I have yet to see anything like the massive production cuts in 2020 under Trump happen during Biden.

Yeah, that damn Trump!

us-annual-crude-oil-production-20210309.png

If you he oil is drilled HERE and we need more oil, then exports should be decreased dramatically. After all it's OUR oil, not the oil companies oil.

Actually it's property owners oil. Most of our oil comes from private land. The landowner sells his or her oil to oil companies. The only oil that's actually "ours" is oil drilled on public land.

Who said anything about them sourcing it from oversees. I am talking about oil drilled in the US. Almost all of it is exported. If more of it was sold in the US, it could help lower gas prices. But the companies choose to export because they can make more money selling it oversees than domestically. And if they make that choice, they shouldn't receive tax subsidies.

It depends on what you consider subsidies. I consider subsidies when government gives money away like in electric cars and solar panels. Apparently you think subsidies is taking less tax money from them. I disagree.

Oil is a global market, not a domestic one. Prices are set in the commodities market. When oil producers flood the world market, prices drop and oil companies make less money. When the market is not flooded with oil, the price increases and oil companies make a greater profit. It all balances out for oil companies. The truth of the matter is even when we became energy independent, we were selling and buying oil with other countries.

Unknown.png

The commodities market was created to stabilize prices. Sometimes it's more expensive and sometimes less expensive. Without the market dictating prices, oil producers could charge whatever they want, and we'd be paying twice as much or more for gasoline than we are today,

Last edited:
$23 billion you say. Dems have raked in $1,700 billion scamming students on student loans, plus interest.
Exxon says, not I. What the "Dems" say or do is something else and has nothing to do with me. Companies having so much economic and, by consequence, political power is obviously dangerous to any nation.

Actually it's property owners oil. Most of our oil comes from private land. The landowner sells his or her oil to oil companies. The only oil that's actually "ours" is oil drilled on public land.

So that contradicts what the Town Hall parrots say, that Biden's not selling new leases on govt. land caused all the problems.

This is why GOP shills have a hard time beating left wing loons; they can't get their own propaganda straight or even consistent.

Just because the prices bid for Brent Sea crude go up is no reason to let global pirates plunder the American public, especially when these companies openly admit they're deliberately not re-investing in new drilling in order to pay out large dividends, even the three largest frackers have said it. The last thing oil companies want is lower prices.

We shouldn't be subsidizing oil companies. But government shouldn't be allowed to use such subsidies for arm-twisting, in any case.
His opinion is based on an error. The US doesn't export much oil.

Forum List

Back