Should we believe Trump's claim that Comey said Trump is not under investigation?

Does the desperate and increasingly incoherent angry left really think the President was under investigation by the FBI even though the FBI director said he wasn't? Desperate times call for desperate assumptions I guess.

When the Office of Congressional Ethics conducts an investigation of a member, it doesn't disclose who is or or is not the subject of an investigation. It's hard to imagine a lower standard be in place for criminal investigations the FBI conducts; however, it's plausible that Comey did disclose that piece of information in the classified hearings in which he testified.
Might it be that Comey told Trump he's not the subject of the FBI's investigation? I guess anything's possible. For my part, I think it more likely that when, in a conversation between Trump and Comey, the topic of whom might be the subjects of the FBI's investigation, Comey demurred, and his doing so irked Trump in much the same way Trump was pissed that Comey would not give him a preview of the "Russia" testimony Comey intended to give to Congress.

One thing is very clear to me: Trump will say pretty much anything without regard to whether it's 100% true in fact, spirit, and context. Accordingly, I have zero confidence that Comey told Trump that Trump is not the among the subjects of the FBI investigation. If someone else "in the know" makes that assertion as directly as Trump did, I'd be more inclined to believe Comey did indeed tell Trump that.
I can't imagine that Comey would have said that.
It's curious that Trump made this claim only after Comey was out. I'm waiting to see if Comey has anything to say.
I don't know for certain, but....
if trump calls ''executive privilege'' Comey won't be able to answer?

I'm sure Comey still has restrictions on what he can talk about but for him to simply say that never happened shouldn't violate any rules. I guess it will depend on whether or not he wants to get involved. If Trump had lied about what I'd said, I wouldn't hesitate to set the record straight. If he says nothing, it may be true.

Unless there's a documentary record or others were present for such comments, I wouldn't do that, at least not before the "Russia" investigation is done, particularly if the evidence of my verity is currently classified. Barring incontrovertible verifying content, It'd be a "he said, she said" situation, something that, in the "court of public opinion," works to the claimant's, not the refuter's, benefit.

Should we believe Trump's claim that Comey said Trump is not under investigation?

NO!!!!! Trump is a proven pathological liar!

What, Trump wasn't truthful when he said he had the biggest attended inauguration in history? Or there weren't 3-5 million illegals voting in 2016. Or the reason Trump fired Comey was because of the recommendations of the AG and deputy AG.

When the Office of Congressional Ethics conducts an investigation of a member, it doesn't disclose who is or or is not the subject of an investigation. It's hard to imagine a lower standard be in place for criminal investigations the FBI conducts; however, it's plausible that Comey did disclose that piece of information in the classified hearings in which he testified.
Might it be that Comey told Trump he's not the subject of the FBI's investigation? I guess anything's possible. For my part, I think it more likely that when, in a conversation between Trump and Comey, the topic of whom might be the subjects of the FBI's investigation, Comey demurred, and his doing so irked Trump in much the same way Trump was pissed that Comey would not give him a preview of the "Russia" testimony Comey intended to give to Congress.

One thing is very clear to me: Trump will say pretty much anything without regard to whether it's 100% true in fact, spirit, and context. Accordingly, I have zero confidence that Comey told Trump that Trump is not the among the subjects of the FBI investigation. If someone else "in the know" makes that assertion as directly as Trump did, I'd be more inclined to believe Comey did indeed tell Trump that.
It's curious that Trump made this claim only after Comey was out. I'm waiting to see if Comey has anything to say.

I'm sure Comey still has restrictions on what he can talk about but for him to simply say that never happened shouldn't violate any rules. I guess it will depend on whether or not he wants to get involved. If Trump had lied about what I'd said, I wouldn't hesitate to set the record straight. If he says nothing, it may be true.

Unless there's a documentary record or others were present for such comments, I wouldn't do that, at least not before the "Russia" investigation is done, particularly if the evidence of my verity is currently classified. Barring incontrovertible verifying content, It'd be a "he said, she said" situation, something that, in the "court of public opinion," works to the claimant's, not the refuter's, benefit.

True. Comey is in sort of a no win situation.
The Trumpists would just call it sour grapes and lay into him.

What, Trump wasn't truthful when he said he had the biggest attended inauguration in history? Or there weren't 3-5 million illegals voting in 2016. Or the reason Trump fired Comey was because of the recommendations of the AG and deputy AG.

Never heard any other fuckwit say shyte like "believe me" and "like you wouldn't believe" so much. I know Don, I don't.

This interview tonight is FULL of lies and dump either doesn't know or doesn't care.

A hallmark of a mentally unstable, pathological liar.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Yes. I have full faith in President of the United States of America, Donald J. Trump. What's Team Billary up to these days?

We saw this when Nixon and Reagan were being investigated. No matter what evidence says, the nutters just couldn't admit what was in front of them and it was always somebody else at fault.

Brace yourself. There's more coming and eventually, this disgusting, filthy corrupt slime will go down.

Just remembered a bumper sticker after Nixon turned tail and ran - "He's tanned, he's rested, he's ready ..."

Sounds perfect for you poor schlubs.

This interview tonight is FULL of lies and dump either doesn't know or doesn't care.

A hallmark of a mentally unstable, pathological liar.

Yesterday the line was that Trump fired Comey because of the recommendations of the AG and deputy AG. Then in the Lester Holt interview Trump said he wanted to fire Comey from the beginning, and it was because of his mishandling of the Clinton e-mail investigation (which ended in 2016)

So Trump didn't fire Comey when he first could have or first should have, but waited until Comey told the AG he wanted more resources to expand the russian meddling investigation.

Yes. I have full faith in President of the United States of America, Donald J. Trump. What's Team Billary up to these days?

We saw this when Nixon and Reagan were being investigated. No matter what evidence says, the nutters just couldn't admit what was in front of them and it was always somebody else at fault.

Brace yourself. There's more coming and eventually, this disgusting, filthy corrupt slime will go down.

Just remembered a bumper sticker after Nixon turned tail and ran - "He's tanned, he's rested, he's ready ..."

Sounds perfect for you poor schlubs.

FB_IMG_1494518823635.jpg

Comey told the AG he wanted to expand the Russian meddling investigation. Comey might have possibly told the AG, he wanted to expand the investigation to include Donald Trump this time. And that's then Comey was fired. And Trump suddenly started repeating that Comey told him, he wasn't a subject of the investigation.

I believe is to speak before the senate intelligence committee next week. If he clams up and they really want to get to the bottom give him immunity to anything he may divulge that is classified.

Should we believe Trump's claim?
That is the question.

I felt it was more to the point.
OT:
You may think so; I'll take your word for that, but it is not. Your question is less specific -- it leaves unclear the matter of which of Trump's claims is being asked about -- thus more vague than is the title question. More vague does not correspond to "more to the point."

I suppose that depends on what you think the point is. MY point, is that we have utterly NO reason to believe ANY claim Trump makes. The details of the claim are irrelevant.

He's going to get to the bottom of all those illegal votes, he formed a voter fraud committee today.

Comey told the AG he wanted to expand the Russian meddling investigation. Comey might have possibly told the AG, he wanted to expand the investigation to include Donald Trump this time. And that's then Comey was fired. And Trump suddenly started repeating that Comey told him, he wasn't a subject of the investigation.

If he told Session's you better believe he ran to Trump like the little rat he is.

Oreo posted an article that says Trump wanted Comey to tell him what he was going to say in that March 20th or so hearing before the public and he refused to go to the whitehouse and brief him.

And in that hearing is where Comey told everyone that the Trump campaign is also under FBI investigation relating to the Russians....

Trump was FURIOUS.....! Furious that he could not get the FBI Director's allegiance to him, to Trump, over and above his oath to the CONSTITUTION.

Trump may have obstructed Justice, what Nixon did to Archibald Cox....fired him due to the investigation going on.

Might have. Key words.

Forum List

Back