Should we believe Trump's claim that Comey said Trump is not under investigation?

Oreo posted an article that says Trump wanted Comey to tell him what he was going to say in that March 20th or so hearing before the public and he refused to go to the whitehouse and brief him.

And in that hearing is where Comey told everyone that the Trump campaign is also under FBI investigation relating to the Russians....

Trump was FURIOUS.....! Furious that he could not get the FBI Director's allegiance to him, to Trump, over and above his oath to the CONSTITUTION.

Trump may have obstructed Justice, what Nixon did to Archibald Cox....fired him due to the investigation going on.
Oh boy...it's just like Watergate! Lmfao!

Should we believe Trump's claim?
That is the question.

I felt it was more to the point.
OT:
You may think so; I'll take your word for that, but it is not. Your question is less specific -- it leaves unclear the matter of which of Trump's claims is being asked about -- thus more vague than is the title question. More vague does not correspond to "more to the point."

I suppose that depends on what you think the point is. MY point, is that we have utterly NO reason to believe ANY claim Trump makes. The details of the claim are irrelevant.
I have reason to believe MSM or liberals.

That is the question.

OT:
You may think so; I'll take your word for that, but it is not. Your question is less specific -- it leaves unclear the matter of which of Trump's claims is being asked about -- thus more vague than is the title question. More vague does not correspond to "more to the point."

I suppose that depends on what you think the point is. MY point, is that we have utterly NO reason to believe ANY claim Trump makes. The details of the claim are irrelevant.
That's a far clearer way of expressing it. TY for your answer and for being unequivocal about what you mean.

That is the question.

OT:

I have reason to believe MSM or liberals.

You don't have to. Use your own brain.
Look at what a mess Trump made of this.
He completely threw his staff and the VP under the bus on their messaging. He completely contradicted their explanations.

newyorker_trumpcomey_may17_screenshot.png

When the Office of Congressional Ethics conducts an investigation of a member, it doesn't disclose who is or or is not the subject of an investigation. It's hard to imagine a lower standard be in place for criminal investigations the FBI conducts; however, it's plausible that Comey did disclose that piece of information in the classified hearings in which he testified.
Might it be that Comey told Trump he's not the subject of the FBI's investigation? I guess anything's possible. For my part, I think it more likely that when, in a conversation between Trump and Comey, the topic of whom might be the subjects of the FBI's investigation, Comey demurred, and his doing so irked Trump in much the same way Trump was pissed that Comey would not give him a preview of the "Russia" testimony Comey intended to give to Congress.

One thing is very clear to me: Trump will say pretty much anything without regard to whether it's 100% true in fact, spirit, and context. Accordingly, I have zero confidence that Comey told Trump that Trump is not the among the subjects of the FBI investigation. If someone else "in the know" makes that assertion as directly as Trump did, I'd be more inclined to believe Comey did indeed tell Trump that.
I can't imagine that Comey would have said that.
It's curious that Trump made this claim only after Comey was out. I'm waiting to see if Comey has anything to say.
What you LIB children do not seem to comprehend is there is 100% likelihood that Trump has recorded EVERY fucking meeting he has had since the day he was inaugurated.
You LIB children are so invested in believing President Trump is nothing but a dumb "orange clown" and therefore isn't cunning enough to record everyone who meets with him. Wherever that is.
Comey isn't stupid. He's FULLY aware that when President Trump tells everyone Comey told him he wasn't on the investigation list three times........twice in a phone call that he was being recorded.
If Comey denies what President Trump said what are the chances someone from the Trump team 'leaks' the contents of the phone calls???????? Answer: 100%.
And Comey KNOWS IT!
The FIRST thing Trump did when he took office was to hire one of his 'world class' security companies to put 'listening devices' and video cameras in EVERY room where he speaks with ANYONE!

When the Office of Congressional Ethics conducts an investigation of a member, it doesn't disclose who is or or is not the subject of an investigation. It's hard to imagine a lower standard be in place for criminal investigations the FBI conducts; however, it's plausible that Comey did disclose that piece of information in the classified hearings in which he testified.
Might it be that Comey told Trump he's not the subject of the FBI's investigation? I guess anything's possible. For my part, I think it more likely that when, in a conversation between Trump and Comey, the topic of whom might be the subjects of the FBI's investigation, Comey demurred, and his doing so irked Trump in much the same way Trump was pissed that Comey would not give him a preview of the "Russia" testimony Comey intended to give to Congress.

One thing is very clear to me: Trump will say pretty much anything without regard to whether it's 100% true in fact, spirit, and context. Accordingly, I have zero confidence that Comey told Trump that Trump is not the among the subjects of the FBI investigation. If someone else "in the know" makes that assertion as directly as Trump did, I'd be more inclined to believe Comey did indeed tell Trump that.
It's curious that Trump made this claim only after Comey was out. I'm waiting to see if Comey has anything to say.
What you LIB children do not seem to comprehend is there is 100% likelihood that Trump has recorded EVERY fucking meeting he has had since the day he was inaugurated.
You LIB children are so invested in believing President Trump is nothing but a dumb "orange clown" and therefore isn't cunning enough to record everyone who meets with him. Wherever that is.
Comey isn't stupid. He's FULLY aware that when President Trump tells everyone Comey told him he wasn't on the investigation list three times........twice in a phone call that he was being recorded.
If Comey denies what President Trump said what are the chances someone from the Trump team 'leaks' the contents of the phone calls???????? Answer: 100%.
And Comey KNOWS IT!
The FIRST thing Trump did when he took office was to hire one of his 'world class' security companies to put 'listening devices' and video cameras in EVERY room where he speaks with ANYONE!

There's already been push back from the FBI on this.

There's a100% chance that you're a fool.

I don't know for certain, but....
if trump calls ''executive privilege'' Comey won't be able to answer?

Trump blew that by bringing the conversation up.

You know, I thought it was kinda strange for Trump to say that Comey said he wasn't under investigation three different times in the letter he sent to fire him.

Kinda strange that Trump wrote his own exoneration into Comey's firing letter.

If he wasn't guilty of anything, why did he feel it necessary to write the letter like that?

Trump: You were a HORRIBLE FBI Director.....except for those three times you said I was not under investigation

I don't know for certain, but....
if trump calls ''executive privilege'' Comey won't be able to answer?
"If". We'll see. IF he doesn't claim EP then, by your logic he proves he has nothing to hide..........right?
You've got the brains of a fucking goldfish!

This interview tonight is FULL of lies and dump either doesn't know or doesn't care.

A hallmark of a mentally unstable, pathological liar.

Yesterday the line was that Trump fired Comey because of the recommendations of the AG and deputy AG. Then in the Lester Holt interview Trump said he wanted to fire Comey from the beginning, and it was because of his mishandling of the Clinton e-mail investigation (which ended in 2016)

So Trump didn't fire Comey when he first could have or first should have, but waited until Comey told the AG he wanted more resources to expand the russian meddling investigation.
The assistant AG made clear at the hearing that IN FACT Comey had NOT asked for more money.
Try to keep up asshole!
Another LIB MSM LIE exposed!

This interview tonight is FULL of lies and dump either doesn't know or doesn't care.

A hallmark of a mentally unstable, pathological liar.

Yesterday the line was that Trump fired Comey because of the recommendations of the AG and deputy AG. Then in the Lester Holt interview Trump said he wanted to fire Comey from the beginning, and it was because of his mishandling of the Clinton e-mail investigation (which ended in 2016)

So Trump didn't fire Comey when he first could have or first should have, but waited until Comey told the AG he wanted more resources to expand the russian meddling investigation.
The assistant AG made clear at the hearing that IN FACT Comey had NOT asked for more money.
Try to keep up asshole!
Another LIB MSM LIE exposed!

It was not the Assistant AG, it was the acting Director of the FBI
He did not state that Comey had not asked for additional funds, merely that he was unaware if he had

And Comey KNOWS IT!

We'll see who's a fool when this LIB media fever-dream ends and all three investigations find their was zero 'collusion' between the Trump campaign and Russia.
When that happens I don't expect you to believe the results.
Your response will be: "Trump HAD TO have bribed all the investigators. If ONLY Trump hadn't bribed everyone not to have an independent counsel then FOR SURE we would have been able to impeach Trump!"
Once a fucking loser always a loser.
Still trying to sell the hundred Hands Up Don't Shoot hoodies on Ebay?

Matter of fact he did and I have to say the guy has a shot ton of class especially considering the fact that his boss fired him the same way a pizza hut manager would fire a delivery driver. Comey even has more class then the USMB liberal conspiracy nuts.

And Comey KNOWS IT!

We'll see who's a fool when this LIB media fever-dream ends and all three investigations find their was zero 'collusion' between the Trump campaign and Russia.
Your response will be: "Trump HAD TO have bribed all the investigators. If ONLY Trump hadn't bribed everyone not to have an independent counsel then FOR SURE we would have been able to impeach Trump!"
On his campaign it'll probably be for money laundering for the Russians/Ukraineans, acting as agents for a foreign power without disclosing it, and as required by law....

so, maybe not for collusion in the Russian campaign to disrupt our election, but collusion in criminal activity...

And Comey KNOWS IT!

On his campaign it'll probably be for money laundering for the Russians/Ukraineans, acting as agents for a foreign power without disclosing it, and as required by law....

so, maybe not for collusion in the Russian campaign to disrupt our election, but collusion in criminal activity...
So now it's "maybe not for collusion but for members of Trump's campaign acting as agents for Russian money laundering". So........some Trump campaign staff will have bank records uncovered by the FBI showing there were massive amounts of cash flowing through their accounts????????????
You REALLY are scraping the bottom of the barrel asshole!
That's right. Steve Bannon, you know, the "racist" had twenty million bucks go through his bank account.
I'm SURE he NEVER EVER though the FBI would find out about the money right?
Next claim you'll invent is Trump's campaign staff had secretly pooled their paycheques and bought Russian lottery tickets and somehow they all won the next twenty lotterys.........right?
The fucking horse is DEAD!!!!!! Climb off it. You look like an idiot still sitting on top of it!

We all watched Comey state, under oath, that trump is being investigated but even if we hadn't, trump lies about everything else so why would we think this is any different?

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back