Should we believe Trump's claim that Comey said Trump is not under investigation?

When the Office of Congressional Ethics conducts an investigation of a member, it doesn't disclose who is or or is not the subject of an investigation. It's hard to imagine a lower standard be in place for criminal investigations the FBI conducts; however, it's plausible that Comey did disclose that piece of information in the classified hearings in which he testified.
Might it be that Comey told Trump he's not the subject of the FBI's investigation? I guess anything's possible. For my part, I think it more likely that when, in a conversation between Trump and Comey, the topic of whom might be the subjects of the FBI's investigation, Comey demurred, and his doing so irked Trump in much the same way Trump was pissed that Comey would not give him a preview of the "Russia" testimony Comey intended to give to Congress.

One thing is very clear to me: Trump will say pretty much anything without regard to whether it's 100% true in fact, spirit, and context. Accordingly, I have zero confidence that Comey told Trump that Trump is not the among the subjects of the FBI investigation. If someone else "in the know" makes that assertion as directly as Trump did, I'd be more inclined to believe Comey did indeed tell Trump that.
well why don't you post something that shows he is or was.

What I believe is there is an investigation into Russian meddling in the election and any possible connections between them and members of the Trump campaign consiparing with them. I don't believe there is any investigation focusing solely in Trump in this matter.

What I believe is there is an investigation into Russian meddling in the election and any possible connections between them and members of the Trump campaign consiparing with them. I don't believe there is any investigation focusing solely in Trump in this matter.
there never was and still isn't.

When the Office of Congressional Ethics conducts an investigation of a member, it doesn't disclose who is or or is not the subject of an investigation. It's hard to imagine a lower standard be in place for criminal investigations the FBI conducts; however, it's plausible that Comey did disclose that piece of information in the classified hearings in which he testified.
Might it be that Comey told Trump he's not the subject of the FBI's investigation? I guess anything's possible. For my part, I think it more likely that when, in a conversation between Trump and Comey, the topic of whom might be the subjects of the FBI's investigation, Comey demurred, and his doing so irked Trump in much the same way Trump was pissed that Comey would not give him a preview of the "Russia" testimony Comey intended to give to Congress.

One thing is very clear to me: Trump will say pretty much anything without regard to whether it's 100% true in fact, spirit, and context. Accordingly, I have zero confidence that Comey told Trump that Trump is not the among the subjects of the FBI investigation. If someone else "in the know" makes that assertion as directly as Trump did, I'd be more inclined to believe Comey did indeed tell Trump that.
I can't imagine that Comey would have said that.
It's curious that Trump made this claim only after Comey was out. I'm waiting to see if Comey has anything to say.
What you LIB children do not seem to comprehend is there is 100% likelihood that Trump has recorded EVERY fucking meeting he has had since the day he was inaugurated.
You LIB children are so invested in believing President Trump is nothing but a dumb "orange clown" and therefore isn't cunning enough to record everyone who meets with him. Wherever that is.
Comey isn't stupid. He's FULLY aware that when President Trump tells everyone Comey told him he wasn't on the investigation list three times........twice in a phone call that he was being recorded.
If Comey denies what President Trump said what are the chances someone from the Trump team 'leaks' the contents of the phone calls???????? Answer: 100%.
And Comey KNOWS IT!
The FIRST thing Trump did when he took office was to hire one of his 'world class' security companies to put 'listening devices' and video cameras in EVERY room where he speaks with ANYONE!

There's already been push back from the FBI on this.

There's a100% chance that you're a fool.
We'll see who's a fool when this LIB media fever-dream ends and all three investigations find their was zero 'collusion' between the Trump campaign and Russia.
When that happens I don't expect you to believe the results.
Your response will be: "Trump HAD TO have bribed all the investigators. If ONLY Trump hadn't bribed everyone not to have an independent counsel then FOR SURE we would have been able to impeach Trump!"
Once a fucking loser always a loser.
Still trying to sell the hundred Hands Up Don't Shoot hoodies on Ebay?
On his campaign it'll probably be for money laundering for the Russians/Ukraineans, acting as agents for a foreign power without disclosing it, and as required by law....

so, maybe not for collusion in the Russian campaign to disrupt our election, but collusion in criminal activity...

I remember reading something about Manafort laundering large amounts by paying cash for NYC properties.

Long before the election, we saw that trump is dirty. RWs saw it too but they don't care. In fact, I suspect that, just like his thug attitude and his attacks on the constitution, his open corruption and even the bragging about being a serial sexual predator makes him more attractive to them.

Makes my skin crawl but also very embarrassing that the whole world watching the US being stupid.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

It's curious that Trump made this claim only after Comey was out. I'm waiting to see if Comey has anything to say.
What you LIB children do not seem to comprehend is there is 100% likelihood that Trump has recorded EVERY fucking meeting he has had since the day he was inaugurated.
You LIB children are so invested in believing President Trump is nothing but a dumb "orange clown" and therefore isn't cunning enough to record everyone who meets with him. Wherever that is.
Comey isn't stupid. He's FULLY aware that when President Trump tells everyone Comey told him he wasn't on the investigation list three times........twice in a phone call that he was being recorded.
If Comey denies what President Trump said what are the chances someone from the Trump team 'leaks' the contents of the phone calls???????? Answer: 100%.
And Comey KNOWS IT!
The FIRST thing Trump did when he took office was to hire one of his 'world class' security companies to put 'listening devices' and video cameras in EVERY room where he speaks with ANYONE!

We'll see who's a fool when this LIB media fever-dream ends and all three investigations find their was zero 'collusion' between the Trump campaign and Russia.
Your response will be: "Trump HAD TO have bribed all the investigators. If ONLY Trump hadn't bribed everyone not to have an independent counsel then FOR SURE we would have been able to impeach Trump!"
On his campaign it'll probably be for money laundering for the Russians/Ukraineans, acting as agents for a foreign power without disclosing it, and as required by law....

so, maybe not for collusion in the Russian campaign to disrupt our election, but collusion in criminal activity...

I remember reading something about Manafort laundering large amounts by paying cash for NYC properties.

Long before the election, we saw that trump is dirty. RWs saw it too but they don't care. In fact, I suspect that, just like his thug attitude and his attacks on the constitution, his open corruption and even the bragging about being a serial sexual predator makes him more attractive to them.

Makes my skin crawl but also very embarrassing that the whole world watching the US being stupid.

Did you not notice the question asks whether one believes Trump's claim and that it does not ask if one believes the evidence Trump, Comey or someone else who has any proffered in support of Trump's claim? No, of course, you didn't because you posted that dumbass remark that indicates clearly that you did not.

Did you not notice the question asks whether one believes Trump's claim and that it does not ask if one believes the evidence Trump, Comey or someone else who has any proffered in support of Trump's claim? No, of course, you didn't because you posted that dumbass remark that indicates clearly that you did not.
so you have nothing to say trump is being investigated. that's enough.

Matter of fact he did and I have to say the guy has a shot ton of class especially considering the fact that his boss fired him the same way a pizza hut manager would fire a delivery driver. Comey even has more class then the USMB liberal conspiracy nuts.

Matter of fact he did

That is certainly not a matter of fact in any way.

And Comey KNOWS IT!

If it is true that Prsident Trump is recording his conversations as President, as was found that Nixon recorded his conversations while president to write his biography after he left office, then the courts have ruled, that those tapes ARE OURS, the American people's for the History of our Nation I believe? and can be subpoenaed to be turned over....like Nixon was....I believe?

Matter of fact he did and I have to say the guy has a shot ton of class especially considering the fact that his boss fired him the same way a pizza hut manager would fire a delivery driver. Comey even has more class then the USMB liberal conspiracy nuts.

Matter of fact he did

Certainly is a matter of fact and you can't denie it. He also refused to speak on it any further, another fact you can not denie. But let me guess, along with some nasty threatening tweet, Trump had two huge Russian bears go to his house and make the point huh?

Nope, after watching the interview, and having been watching the news ever since this fiasco started, I don't think that Trump has any credibility left.

That is the question.

I felt it was more to the point.
OT:
You may think so; I'll take your word for that, but it is not. Your question is less specific -- it leaves unclear the matter of which of Trump's claims is being asked about -- thus more vague than is the title question. More vague does not correspond to "more to the point."

I suppose that depends on what you think the point is. MY point, is that we have utterly NO reason to believe ANY claim Trump makes. The details of the claim are irrelevant.
I have reason to believe MSM or liberals.

You don't have to. Use your own brain.
Look at what a mess Trump made of this.
He completely threw his staff and the VP under the bus on their messaging. He completely contradicted their explanations.
Messaging? That's the shit people are sick and tired of...the optics of something. How about real news on policy and not "he said, she said" bullshit. Liberals are pissed. They lost in 2016. Liberal media out to get Trump.

Nope, after watching the interview, and having been watching the news ever since this fiasco started, I don't think that Trump has any credibility left.
Ooooooooooohhhhh...I don't think he had any credibility in your eyes to begin with Marxist snowflake. You fucking people have been after him from day one. Don't threaten my liberty by pushing your extreme left ideology that outside NYC, LA, or Chicago...nobody gives a shit about.

Matter of fact he did

Certainly is a matter of fact and you can't denie it. He also refused to speak on it any further, another fact you can not denie. But let me guess, along with some nasty threatening tweet, Trump had two huge Russian bears go to his house and make the point huh?
OT:
Certainly is a matter of fact and you can't denie it. He also refused to speak on it any further, another fact you can not denie.

First off, Trump IS NOT being investigated. If they find something damaging that leads to Trump, then that's a different story. Dollars to donuts that will never happen.

I do not believe Trump's claim he is not being investigated. A spokesman for Senator Grassley refuted what Spicer said about Trump being collusion was a hoax.

Matter of fact he did

I certainly can denie it. :laugh2:

Firstly, the Russian Connection is a scam .

Secondly , the Constitution authorizes THREE BRANCHES OF GOVERNMENT

Comey and the AG are in the executive Branch.

In the executive Branch Trump is the COMMANDER IN CHIEF.

He needs loyal people there or get out

Comey is gone

McCabe, an HRC loyalist, also needs to go

Congress is the ONLY branch that can investigate in order to impeach/TRY

Mitch McConnell said NO to a special prosecutor - that is the end of that

Forum List

Back