Should we "fact-check" the Trump SOTU???

This thread reminded me of one of most well known lies we heard from a crazy woman the DNC thought could beat Trump.....

:laugh:

not in a million years

thanks, doc

good to see you, too

how's summer treating you?

Summer is bloody hot at the moment.
Yeah, Mike wouldnt know a fact if it bit him in the arse.

So what do you think of the site? I saw a review of it recently that said it was Stormfront Lite. Never used to be, but certainly feels that way at the moment.

It has become a standard exercise in that after every SOTU delivery, many fact-checkers analyze statements for their accuracy, regardless of the cheering and applause that rhetoric and demagoguery inevitably receive.

So, here's one from last night:

TRUMP: "Just as I promised the American people from this podium 11 months ago, we enacted the biggest tax cuts and reforms in American history."

It is False that the tax-cut package passed in December is the largest cut ever, as Trump has repeatedly claimed. In inflation-adjusted dollars, the recent tax bill is the fourth-largest since 1940. And as a percentage of GDP, it ranks seventh.

Me thinks someone is using fuzzy/selective math. Do tell: Which tax cut since 1940 included a rate cut of 40%, 14 percentage points, in the corporate income tax rate (from 35% to 21%)? Which tax cut included a special repatriation tax rate that allowed repatriated money from overseas to be taxed at a rate of only 15.5%? Which tax cut nearly doubled the standard exemption? The Trump tax cuts include all of these provisions.

You also had strong feelings about Hillary winning. lol

She did win by THREE MILLION more votes..........But, yeah, yeah, you right wing morons have won the oval office TWICE because of the electoral college.......LOL
Those damn right wing morons! :laugh:

The first one gave the world the Bush Presidency, the Iraqi War, the Housing Bubble, the stock market crash, and the Great Recession.

It’s way too early to make an assessment of lasting results of the second time, but the indicators so far are not good.

Damn those right wing morons indeed!

She did win by THREE MILLION more votes..........But, yeah, yeah, you right wing morons have won the oval office TWICE because of the electoral college.......LOL

The first one gave the world the Bush Presidency, the Iraqi War, the Housing Bubble, the stock market crash, and the Great Recession.

It’s way too early to make an assessment of lasting results of the second time, but the indicators so far are not good.

Confidence is high!
I think that was a line in a movie I once watched. lol

It’ll take time before some people start accepting Trump as being one of our greatest presidents. :)

Last edited:
It’ll take time before some people start accepting Trump as being one of our greatest president

Nitwit.........Trump's approval rating is over 50 in ONLY 10 states and Gallup has his DIS-approval at over 60%........LOL

If you add up all the votes for president in the 2016 election, including votes for third-party presidential candidates, the center-right won the popular vote, and won it rather handily, not the left:

Trump -- 62,983,000
Johnson -- 4,500,000
McMullin -- 700,000
Castle -- 172,000
TOTAL -- 68,355,000

Clinton -- 65,853,000
Stein -- 469,000
TOTAL -- 66,322,000

This means that the center-right vote topped the center-left vote by more than 2 million votes: 68,355,000 to 66,322,000. That is encouraging.

One reason that Hillary lost in 2016 is that she got slightly fewer votes than Obama got in 2012: she received 65,853,000 vs. 65,915,000 for Obama. Trump, on the other hand, got over 2 million more votes than Romney got in 2012: he received 62,984,000 vs. 60,933,000 for Romney.

Moreover, not only did Trump beat Hillary in states won 30-20, but Trump buried Hillary in counties won: He won over 3,000 counties, while she won fewer than 200. Think about that: the county is the most basic political unit. Yet, Hillary won a majority of the vote in fewer than 200 counties out of over 3,200 counties.

I might add that Republicans control governorships in 33 states. You can't gerrymander governors' races; they're based on the statewide popular vote, period. This means that a majority of citizens in 33 states have chosen a Republican as their governor.

Last edited:
It’ll take time before some people start accepting Trump as being one of our greatest presidents. :)

It's never gonna happen. He is too stupid and incompetent.
He will go down as the worst ever. And I find that a hard thing to say after I thought nobody could be as bad as Dumbya. Then the GoP decided to double down. Go figure.

not in a million years

thanks, doc

good to see you, too

So what do you think of the site? I saw a review of it recently that said it was Stormfront Lite. Never used to be, but certainly feels that way at the moment.

it reflects the current state of american conservatism fairly accurately, imo

hatred, vitriol, racebaiting, willful denial of reality

stormfront lite is as good a shorthand for it as any

there used to be a couple of cons with brains here- that doesn't seem to be the case any longer

Confidence is high!
I think that was a line in a movie I once watched. lol

time and a $600/day crack habit

It's never gonna happen. He is too stupid and incompetent.
He will go down as the worst ever. And I find that a hard thing to say after I thought nobody could be as bad as Dumbya. Then the GoP decided to double down. Go figure.
Some people aren’t as smart as others. It’s why Hillary got some votes.

Some people aren’t as smart as others. It’s why Hillary won some votes.

Tycho's above his bed poster.......

upload_2018-1-31_19-51-11.png

not in a million years

thanks, doc

good to see you, too

it reflects the current state of american conservatism fairly accurately, imo

hatred, vitriol, racebaiting, willful denial of reality

stormfront lite is as good a shorthand for it as any

there used to be a couple of cons with brains here- that doesn't seem to be the case any longer

they were run off ... .like most of the people to the left of atilla the hun.

I saw the storemront lite thing too... and I agree... it pretty much says it all.

Forum List

Back