Should we legalize pot and help free innocent people?

If you stopped putting people in prison for using pot (which is what we do) you would have the same number of people in prison for committing other crimes and the pot is incidental (which is what we have).

I don'know - should we free legalize rape and free rapists? I mean, all they did was have some non-consensual sex....

:cuckoo:

Uh...no. A non-consensual act like rape warrants criminal punishment...of course.

What does that have to do with consensual activity like an adult ingesting cannabis?

They're both "victimless crimes."

Not even close. One involves a single person ingesting something into their own bodies. The other involves doing harm to a non-consenting human being. I'd ask if you were really that dense, but I already saw your username before I responded.

Excuse me, if they were convicted and sentenced they are NOT INNOCENT. Just simple possession for personal use usually don't involve jail time but those involved in distribution are usually convicted on multiple crimes not just the pot.

Those that simply possess get the product from those that distribute to them. Get rid of the criminal aspect of supplying the product and you have a win/win.

Isn't it hilarious how stoners blame the law? Here's a thought for you libtards and idiot libertarians: if a man is so obsessed with a stupid little "leaf" that he is willing to sacrifice his very freedom - is he really someone we want roaming our society?

If the government outlawed cell phones tomorrow, I'd throw my blackberry away faster than you can say fuck it. If they outlawed donuts, I'd never eat another donut. The fact that you assholes are so fucking extreme that you can't walk away from that stupid ass narcotic just proves prison is exactly the fuck where you belong....

So you agree with big government telling you what you can and can't do, no matter what? Thanks for clearing that up, "Tea Party Patriot". :lol:

Uh...no. A non-consensual act like rape warrants criminal punishment...of course.

What does that have to do with consensual activity like an adult ingesting cannabis?

Not even close. One involves a single person ingesting something into their own bodies. The other involves doing harm to a non-consenting human being. I'd ask if you were really that dense, but I already saw your username before I responded.

If you think ingesting dangerous substances is victimless you're a nitwit. Actually based on your other posts even if you dont think that you're still a nitwit.

Why Is the U.S. Prison Population So Large? | LearnLiberty

From 1980 to 1990, the total U.S. prison population more than doubled. In that same time, the proportion of people in prison for nonviolent drug crimes rose from 7.5 percent to 24 percent. Prof. D’Amico says this statistic actually understates the influence of the drug war on the prison population because drug prohibition also increases violent crime by leading to the formation of gangs and cartels. By 2000, the prison population had nearly doubled again, but the proportion of prisoners due to drug-related offenses remained similar.

United States incarceration rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Seriously, I'd be willing to release all the innocent people of all races that did a simple leaf. Sounds sane? I think so.

Let's place our resources into locking up the murderers, crooks, rapist and thugs. ;) Let's say even half of that 24% is there just because they smoked some leaf??? No other crime. Imagine how much money our nation could save by releasing them.

This is the one area I could work with the black community with. As long as we could refocus some of our resources on the real criminals.

They aren't "innocent people" they broke the law. They are guilty.

If you think ingesting dangerous substances is victimless you're a nitwit. Actually based on your other posts even if you dont think that you're still a nitwit.

"Oh my God! This guy is buying up all the Doritos in the store. What a menace to society!" :lol:

So you are for alcohol and sugar prohibition? Coffee?

Soon we will have so many in prison we won't have any available to guard the prisoners.

BRILLIANT!

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

From 1980 to 1990, the total U.S. prison population more than doubled. In that same time, the proportion of people in prison for nonviolent drug crimes rose from 7.5 percent to 24 percent. Prof. D’Amico says this statistic actually understates the influence of the drug war on the prison population because drug prohibition also increases violent crime by leading to the formation of gangs and cartels. By 2000, the prison population had nearly doubled again, but the proportion of prisoners due to drug-related offenses remained similar.

Seriously, I'd be willing to release all the innocent people of all races that did a simple leaf. Sounds sane? I think so.

Let's place our resources into locking up the murderers, crooks, rapist and thugs. ;) Let's say even half of that 24% is there just because they smoked some leaf??? No other crime. Imagine how much money our nation could save by releasing them.

This is the one area I could work with the black community with. As long as we could refocus some of our resources on the real criminals.

Another "small government conservative" who likes the government dictating what they can and can't do to their own bodies. :eusa_whistle:

Let's legalize all drugs and be done with this nonsense. That would not only reduce our prison population dramatically, but it would reduce our crime fighting as well. It would stop funding organized crime in the US, it would stop destabilizing governments around the world from Columbia to Afghanistan.

And none of those are even the biggest reason to do it. The biggest is to stop the incredible police powers and invasion into our privacy the government does in the name of fighting the "war on drugs."

And the only cost is that a bunch of idiot socons who think morality should come from the church, but be enforced by government would sulk and pout. Now that I think about it, that's not a cost, that would be kind of fun...

Soon we will have so many in prison we won't have any available to guard the prisoners.

BRILLIANT!

I think we should outlaw parents not spending enough time with their kids, that's not victimless. Being rude isn't victimless, let's outlaw that. People shouldn't be allowed to not follow Rabbi's religion, people will burn in hell for that, total victimization, let's outlaw that too...

Don't you think government should use the power of their guns to ensure there are no victims in this country according to the values of Rabbi's religion? Wow, you're heartless. You're in favor of victims aren't you? Just think, if the government would make sure life is "fair" like the liberals want and there are not "victims" like Rabbi wants how much better it would be. I'm in, where do I sign up!

BRILLIANT!

I think we should outlaw parents not spending enough time with their kids, that's not victimless. Being rude isn't victimless, let's outlaw that. People shouldn't be allowed to not follow Rabbi's religion, people will burn in hell for that, total victimization, let's outlaw that too...

Don't you think government should use the power of their guns to ensure there are no victims in this country according to the values of Rabbi's religion? Wow, you're heartless. You're in favor of victims aren't you? Just think, if the government would make sure life is "fair" like the liberals want and there are not "victims" like Rabbi wants how much better it would be. I'm in, where do I sign up!

Tofu 7 days a week or you will be sharing a bunk with bubba?

Let's legalize all drugs and be done with this nonsense. That would not only reduce our prison population dramatically, but it would reduce our crime fighting as well. It would stop funding organized crime in the US, it would stop destabilizing governments around the world from Columbia to Afghanistan.

And none of those are even the biggest reason to do it. The biggest is to stop the incredible police powers and invasion into our privacy the government does in the name of fighting the "war on drugs."

And the only cost is that a bunch of idiot socons who think morality should come from the church, but be enforced by government would sulk and pout. Now that I think about it, that's not a cost, that would be kind of fun...

I look at societies with rampant drug use and wonder why anyone would want to emulate that.

I look at societies with rampant drug use and wonder why anyone would want to emulate that.

So do I. That has nothing to do with the discussion. Go peep into someone's bedroom, your neighbors are having gay sex right now, I guarantee you. Someone has to stop that.

So do I. That has nothing to do with the discussion. Go peep into someone's bedroom, your neighbors are having gay sex right now, I guarantee you. Someone has to stop that.
Drug use in society has nothing to do with a thread about legalizing drugs?
Are you on drugs?

Another "small government conservative" who likes the government dictating what they can and can't do to their own bodies. :eusa_whistle:

Wrong dumbass. I am for legalization. It's just wrong and stupid to call the people who are in jail now "innocent".

We have rampant drug use now. The only difference would be an end to the organized crime surrounding it.

We have rampant drug use now. The only difference would be an end to the organized crime surrounding it.
Wrong. It would move from enforcement of prohibition to enforcement of tax laws. No real net gain.

Drug use in society has nothing to do with a thread about legalizing drugs?
Are you on drugs?

How is it possible at this point that you still don't even understand the discussion? You argue just like a liberal. You keep posting in discussions points that aren't in contention, then you make a smug insult as if you'd actually said something relevant, and anyone who disagrees with you is doing that because they are immoral and they actually want the bad things you oppose to happen.

I don't want government to confiscate money and redistribute it, oh, you don't believe in charity. I don't want to lower the bar for blacks? Oh, you're in favor of discrimination. Or in your case, you don't think it's government's job to force morality on it's citizens, oh, you're FOR drug use! Bam!

And also like the liberals, I gave a lot of downsides of the war on drugs, you don't address any of them, you just keep repeating your inane point that to oppose the war on drugs is to favor drug use. And like liberals, you ignore the point that even after that, it doesn't work, we still freaking have the drugs! Just like liberals ignore that hello, poverty rates haven't changed!

A rose by any other name. You're just like your enemy, you're just like the liberals.

Wrong. It would move from enforcement of prohibition to enforcement of tax laws. No real net gain.

Wrong, we already enforce the tax laws. There's nothing new there. It's all net gain.

Forum List

Back