Should We Lower The Voting Age?

Should the voting age be lowered to 14?

• Total voters

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
Daily Beast Writer Give Some 14-Year-Olds the Vote

Okay, not all teenagers. Only the ones who can work and pay taxes on their employment—which the Department of Labor says is anyone over the age of 14. (Sorry, 13-year-olds.) Taxes are an obvious benchmark, since right now, employed teenagers are literally subjected to taxation without representation

That's a really good point.

Don't get me wrong, teens 14 - 19 are generally uninformed and could probably care less.

Whoever, they are getting taxed and have no say and if I recall, some people we all look up to started killing other people to prevent just that.

We've got enough people voting who don't understand what they're doing.

Daily Beast Writer Give Some 14-Year-Olds the Vote

Okay, not all teenagers. Only the ones who can work and pay taxes on their employment—which the Department of Labor says is anyone over the age of 14. (Sorry, 13-year-olds.) Taxes are an obvious benchmark, since right now, employed teenagers are literally subjected to taxation without representation

That's a really good point.

Don't get me wrong, teens 14 - 19 are generally uninformed and could probably care less.

Whoever, they are getting taxed and have no say and if I recall, some people we all look up to started killing other people to prevent just that.

Dunno the arguements for 14, but could support 16. Age to drive and work (paying taxes) seems most sensible.

Just the opposite.

We should raise the voting age. If you can still be claimed as a dependent on Mommy and Daddy's tax return you shouldn't be able to vote because you are not an adult yet.

30 sounds about right to me.
Someone who is not a liberal at 25 has no heart.
Someone who is not a conservative at 40 has no brain.

Hell no !

I would raise it back to 21 if anything.

You want a fucking 14 year old that has no knowledge of anything beyond his X Box voting for lawmakers ?

Christ what a stupid idea.

Do away with voting entirely and pick legislators randomly like we do with jurors.

Forum List

Back