Should We Lower The Voting Age?

Should the voting age be lowered to 14?

• Total voters
sounds like a lot of us don't want people to vote b/c they think uninformed people shouldn't.

I see a shit ton of hypcrassy
Most people cannot a US senator. I dont mean their senators. I mean any senator. What kind of informed decision can they possibly be making at the polls? That's how you end up with empty suits like Obama.
Screw all of that. Voter qualification tests and property tests. You dont know shit, you aint got shit, you aint voting.
so since I'm a renter, I don't get to vote.

go fuck yourself

no really,

Go
Fuck
Yourself

you pathetic petty fucking tyrant
Go buy some property and quit blaming others, you worthless layabout.
No you can'not force me to buy shit

I do not blame others you lying fuck

and this week I will work 60 hours, so go fuck yourself you petty tyrannical fuck

Gee... how so? You're on here 24/7

Liar.

sounds like a lot of us don't want people to vote b/c they think uninformed people shouldn't.

Most people cannot a US senator. I dont mean their senators. I mean any senator. What kind of informed decision can they possibly be making at the polls? That's how you end up with empty suits like Obama.
Screw all of that. Voter qualification tests and property tests. You dont know shit, you aint got shit, you aint voting.

go fuck yourself

no really,

Go
Fuck
Yourself

and this week I will work 60 hours, so go fuck yourself you petty tyrannical fuck
Wahh! Wahh! Wahh! I wanna be a lazy douchebag but still cast my vote for whomever promises the most free shit.
Go fuck yourself. Either get it together or STFU.

There should be an IQ test....

Then again, there'd never again be another Obama type elected... ever.
a test?

voting is a right

Apparently so is having 10 kids you can't take care of... look where that has gotten us. Perhaps we need to re-evaluate some of these rights.
WHAT?

re-evaluate our rights????????

You and rabbi are not thinking in a conservative fashion

You should talk to your gun-grabbing brethren then...

It has nothing to do with being uninformed and everything to do with life experience.

If you're 25 and Mommy is still doing your laundry you are still a child and should not be allowed to vote, buy liquor, sign contracts etc.

After I see how this last administration was voted in, "free phones, put you on food stamps for your votes, Obama will pay my rent" comments from Obama voters, I think we should go back to the times where only land owners could vote, lol. Mercy BE!

A 14 year old barely knows what day of the week it is, much less knows anything about the important issues of the day. Just spend five minutes talking to a 14 year old and you will quickly disillusion yourself of the desire to see them vote.

A lot of what I said here is tongue in cheek... but seriously... we have people affecting our lives with their votes... people who in actuality, have very little if any skin in the game.

go fuck yourself

no really,

Go
Fuck
Yourself

Gee... how so? You're on here 24/7

Liar.
uhm, you're full of shit, you degenerate fuck

check the times between my last post and this one, it's over 10 hours

go fuck yourself

no really,

Go
Fuck
Yourself

Wahh! Wahh! Wahh! I wanna be a lazy douchebag but still cast my vote for whomever promises the most free shit.
Go fuck yourself. Either get it together or STFU.
You're still lying, but when you're wrong, I guess that's all you got left.

b/c the idea of manning up and apologizing for being a lying fuck is to much for pussies like you

There should be an IQ test....

Then again, there'd never again be another Obama type elected... ever.
a test?

voting is a right

Apparently so is having 10 kids you can't take care of... look where that has gotten us. Perhaps we need to re-evaluate some of these rights.
WHAT?

re-evaluate our rights????????

You and rabbi are not thinking in a conservative fashion

You should talk to your gun-grabbing brethren then...
So b/c you're a bag of shit, you think I'm a leftist

pathetic

It has nothing to do with being uninformed and everything to do with life experience.

If you're 25 and Mommy is still doing your laundry you are still a child and should not be allowed to vote, buy liquor, sign contracts etc.
so you would put restrictions on the right to vote?

A 14 year old barely knows what day of the week it is, much less knows anything about the important issues of the day. Just spend five minutes talking to a 14 year old and you will quickly disillusion yourself of the desire to see them vote.
True

My son is 13 and is in the Scouts. He just went through a long right of passage which he talked about for 2 minutes then went on a long rant about video games.

but I still think, if he gets a job and pays taxes, he should have a say

The point is about maturity not whether someone is working. If a bill asking whether there should be free Twinkies for all hit the floor we know how most 13 year olds would vote.

TWO Thumbs,
No taxation without representation is not the only reason we have been given the right to vote....So for equal rights...all 14 yr olds would have to be given the right to vote...if some are given the right to vote....

Adults who pay no taxes are not stripped of their rights because they pay no taxes.....14year olds would be the same.....all or nothing.....?

Saying those who are taxed should have ''more access'' to their 'right to vote' than those who are not taxed is like saying those who own homes should have more rights than those who rent.... or those with more money should count more than those without money or those who can work should have more 'say' than those who are unable to.....

Plus...they don't pay taxes for the first 6k or so earned so most at 14 would not hit that level of income unless a child star actor etc....

Daily Beast Writer Give Some 14-Year-Olds the Vote

Okay, not all teenagers. Only the ones who can work and pay taxes on their employment—which the Department of Labor says is anyone over the age of 14. (Sorry, 13-year-olds.) Taxes are an obvious benchmark, since right now, employed teenagers are literally subjected to taxation without representation

That's a really good point.

Don't get me wrong, teens 14 - 19 are generally uninformed and could probably care less.

Whoever, they are getting taxed and have no say and if I recall, some people we all look up to started killing other people to prevent just that.

We should raise the voting age to 35, and we should also have a maximum voting age of 55.

We already have restrictions on the right to vote don't we?

IMO only adults should and IMO if you're 25 and still living with Mommy then you are not yet an adult

When the constitution was written an 18 year old was an adult. Today we have extended childhood into the mid 20s.

Daily Beast Writer Give Some 14-Year-Olds the Vote

Okay, not all teenagers. Only the ones who can work and pay taxes on their employment—which the Department of Labor says is anyone over the age of 14. (Sorry, 13-year-olds.) Taxes are an obvious benchmark, since right now, employed teenagers are literally subjected to taxation without representation

That's a really good point.

Don't get me wrong, teens 14 - 19 are generally uninformed and could probably care less.

Whoever, they are getting taxed and have no say and if I recall, some people we all look up to started killing other people to prevent just that.

No.

It happened in Austria. The left wing party (if anything in Austria can be called left wing) put it in place thinking all the 16-18 year olds would vote for them. They voted far right, why? Because the far right handed out free beer (yeah, in Europe some countries you can make choices at the age of 16, and it doesn't kill them either) and made thing real simple for people with no life experience to understand.

Who needs complex policies when simple will get you votes?

We already have restrictions on the right to vote don't we?

IMO only adults should and IMO if you're 25 and still living with Mommy then you are not yet an adult

When the constitution was written an 18 year old was an adult. Today we have extended childhood into the mid 20s.

Ah but you don't have a problem with that same immature person having the ability to buy an arsenal of high power weapons now do ya? I mean, after all that's in the Constitution.

Isn't voting rights in the same group of amendments? I believe it is.

Forum List

Back