🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should we make the corporate tax rate 0%?

It did until Republicans figured a way for the rising tide to only lift the yachts

All your income was paid to you by the people you hate. Maybe you should be a little more appreciative.

Corporate taxes are just double taxation.

Nobody "gives" you a job. You provide labor and they make a profit off of that labor. It is workers who create wealth

And it's a bull shit lie made up by libtards that owners are not workers.

It did until Republicans figured a way for the rising tide to only lift the yachts

All your income was paid to you by the people you hate. Maybe you should be a little more appreciative.

Nobody "gives" you a job. You provide labor and they make a profit off of that labor. It is workers who create wealth

Capitalists pay for your labor and then try to sell the results for a profit. If no one wants to buy, there is no profit. The work capitalists do is in predicting what people will want and need. If you think that work is negligible, try going without it.

Good idea. Corporate taxes end up being passed through into prices anyway. Better to tax the profits when they are passed on as dividends. The whole reason we have the favored treatment of dividend income is the logical argument that it avoids double taxation. So, drop the corporate tax and make dividend income taxation equal to income form other sources.

As a retired engineer, I can assure you that many capital projects that are borderline for funding would go ahead, as the rate of return would be increased, and that would provide a real boost for investment and job creation.

Capitalists pay for your labor and then try to sell the results for a profit. If no one wants to buy, there is no profit. The work capitalists do is in predicting what people will want and need. If you think that work is negligible, try going without it.

Never fear, the statists have a "plan" for that eventually, it involves passing a law outlawing starving to death and tossing anyone that dares violate it into re-education camps.

Government Worshippers: "Achieving heaven on Earth one idiotic mandate at a time"

Here's an idea:

Since it is the workers of a company that create the wealth, let's agree that every month a company loses money, they have to give some of their salary back.

Fair enough?

Maybe

It's called being a partner. Offer your workers partnerships in the company and see what they say

My employees don't "give" me work. I create a job and they make a profit off the job that I created. It is off me that my workers create their wealth.

You are deriving wealth off of them
They are deriving wealth off of me. And I am the one who created the job, not them.

and decide how much of that wealth you will allow them to maintain

What does that mean? I don't run their finances, I have to pay them market wages or they won't work for me.

What does that mean? I don't run their finances, I have to pay them market wages or they won't work for me.

You mean you're actually capable of negotiating compensation with your employees and arriving at a mutually agreed upon exchange WITHOUT the government telling both parties exactly what to do every step of the way? according to the government worshipers you've managed to achieve the impossible, congrats. :redface:

Here's an idea:

Since it is the workers of a company that create the wealth, let's agree that every month a company loses money, they have to give some of their salary back.

Fair enough?

Maybe

It's called being a partner. Offer your workers partnerships in the company and see what they say

And see how often they consider it and say "no thanks". Most of us would rather have a dependable wage.

You mean you're actually capable of negotiating compensation with your employees and arriving at a mutually agreed upon exchange WITHOUT the government telling both parties exactly what to do every step of the way? according to the government worshipers you've managed to achieve the impossible, congrats. :redface:

Thanks! I have a new employee starting tomorrow, she's going to head my customer service organization. And yes, we negotiated a salary without government. We both kept looking at the door expecting someone from the government to come in and let us know her wage, but they didn't. So we went ahead and did it ourselves.

She also had to ... wait for it ... quit her old job. Apparently her old employer couldn't oppress her and pay her what they wanted and keep her anyway as Comrade RW believes. Seriously though, who believes that RW didn't suck at his job, which is why he earned so little and got no recognition from his employer. If he had quit, his employer would have said oh, you still work here?

Here's an idea:

Fair enough?

Maybe

And see how often they consider it and say "no thanks". Most of us would rather have a dependable wage.

Yep. Additionally, if they want equity, we'd have to figure out the various costs I incurred while I wasn't "building" the business. And somehow come up with a value on the hours, the risks, the failures, all before I was able to afford my first employee, let alone the rest of them.

And yes, they can take the same risks and headaches going forward.

Not holding my breath on any of this.

Here's an idea:

Fair enough?

Maybe

I have deals with all my key employees. My #1 employee gets a percent of the company when I retire. All my key employees get quarterly and annual wages based on company performance and their contribution to it. Sales of course gets commissions, other employees get bonuses when they bring in new customers. We are partners, you fundamentally don't understand business.

Only my low end employees who punch the clock and are gone 2 minutes after their shift don't get bonuses. So if you'd worked for me, you wouldn't have gotten those, sorry, Chuckie. You said the key thing, "partnership." The reason you wouldn't have gotten a bonus is that you don't care about your employer or your job. It's YOU who's not being a partner, your employer just recognized that.

Yep. No one has my back. My employees get a guaranteed wage. I get what's left over. Something like 3/4 businesses fail, most of those owners go broke. We take all the risk.

My employees are paid for their time, and according to Marxists like RW, they still own what they produced, even though they were paid to produce it by me. And sadly, RW is winning. Eventually all the me's out there will quit as we get nothing out of it.

What "subsidies" are you referring to?

Any economic advantage or privilege that the government confers to a special group is a subsidy. If that economic advantage is conferred to all, that's not a subsidy.

So if a county waives taxes for one business but not another, that's a subsidy.

Accelerated depreciation for manufacturing but not for services is also a subsidy.

Another more egregious subsidy is allowing for intra-company transfer pricing from one international jurisdiction to another to avoid taxes based on "market pricing" when no real market exists.

And there lies our quandary. The careful balance between he value of labor and the value of capitalists

As it stands, we are willing to do anything as a society to protect the capitalists while ignoring the contribution of labor

That's horseshit. What the fuck is wrong with you? Is your democrat donkey so far up your ass that his nose is eating your brain?

Economics and fiscal sanity are not partisan concepts. Kennedy understood that, so did Reagan, and even Clinton.

People like you are whats wrong with this country. You are so wrapped up in your party that you are unable to see reality.

After the Great Bush Depression of 2008, where did the money from the recovery end up? Did those doing the working see any of that recovery? republicans have found out how to hold down wages and benefits. How to keep the workforce scared. How to ensure that the wealthy continue to gain and keep most of the wealth

yep......Republicans look after the yachts

Republicans? Really? Then how do you explain that Nancy Pelosi is now worth $35 million dollars? :lmao:

(She's laughing her ass off at useful idiots like you that vote her more power and more wealth by the minute....dumb ass.... :eusa_doh:)

What "subsidies" are you referring to?

Any economic advantage or privilege that the government confers to a special group is a subsidy. If that economic advantage is conferred to all, that's not a subsidy.

So if a county waives taxes for one business but not another, that's a subsidy.

It's certainly unfair, but government NOT taking money is never a "subsidy." To call it that is to declare that government is taking it's own money, it's not. It's taking money earned from someone else.

Accelerated depreciation for manufacturing but not for services is also a subsidy.
That makes no sense at all. First of all, businesses spent the money they are deducting, it's preposterous they can't deduct it when they spent it. Furthermore, manufacturing doesn't compete with services, and services have comparatively almost no depreciation anyway.

Another more egregious subsidy is allowing for intra-company transfer pricing from one international jurisdiction to another to avoid taxes based on "market pricing" when no real market exists.

There should be no taxes for internal transfers domestically or internationally.

The fairest tax is the fair tax, it totally flattens the field.

And there lies our quandary. The careful balance between he value of labor and the value of capitalists

As it stands, we are willing to do anything as a society to protect the capitalists while ignoring the contribution of labor

I like your idea that labor sells their time and are compensated for it, yet they still own the product of what they produced.

Can you think of any other examples of that phenomena, things you sell and yet still own?

Can I do that with my house? Sell it, and yet still own it? Wow, that would be a money maker.

I like your idea that labor sells their time and are compensated for it, yet they still own the product of what they produced.

Can you think of any other examples of that phenomena, things you sell and yet still own?

Can I do that with my house? Sell it, and yet still own it? Wow, that would be a money maker.

LOL, more proof that 'liberal logic' is an oxymoron.

Odd.....where did I say that?

Odd.....where did I say that?

I don't blame you for not listening while you talk, you're pretty inane.

Corporate taxes are just double taxes. They should be abolished.

Forum List

Back