Should welfare recipients be banned from having a TV, computer, or cell phone

This has to be the silliest question I have ever heard asked on the board.

I think we should deny them underwear. it's a luxury garment afterall. You do not need them. Or better yet, lets have everyone who gets welfare benefits be banned from getting any clothing from the market. They should have to get orange jumpsuits to wear. The children too. All provided by the state.

What do you think, SS? Good idea, yeah?

It may seem silly, but it does raise a valid point.

At what point is a community responsible for supporting other members of that community?

When a member cannot support him/herself due to reasons beyond their control?

And who determines that?

And, doesn't it make more sense for the community to help that person attain a level where he or she can support him/herself?

So, what happens if that person refuses to take steps to improve their lot?

At what point does a community turn their backs upon that person?

My personal opinion is that I am only willing to help anyone who wishes to help themselves.

Where did they get the money to buy that 40 Inch Flat Screen?

How do they pay that $90 a Month Verizon phone bill?

How do they afford a $600 laptop and the $45 a month high speed internet hook up?

Answer those questions for me, please.

Tell you something else..... One night -- Late. I'm talking 10:00 - 10:30PM, go to a Gas Station/Convenience Store on the edge of MLK Boulevard and watch the Baby Mamas dressed in clothes my wife can't afford to buy strut in and out of there.

I do NOT recommend you show up at one of their Clubs if you're White.

You need to be a little more observant.

Just sayin'

You think cutting off welfare is magically going to put people to work?

Seriously? Consider this:

Hundreds line up for 65 Walmart jobs:

51789-eight.jpg

Thousands in Cleveland line up for McDonald's jobs:

9501576-large.jpg

Most of those people won't get a job. But you think that the people you force off welfare will?

lol, pure idiocy.

We need to make life unpleasant for these people to encourage them to work. Reducing benefits always leads to the "mothers" cutting back on food for the kids so the mother can keep her luxuries.

Since computers and cells need an outside provider for internet use, it would be fairly simple to enforce a ban on them. If they really need a computer for something, they can go to a friend or library. TVs are bulky and would be hard to hide when a social worker pays a visit.

I think you should be deprived of a computer for sure.

In the early days of welfare, you were not eligible if you had a newer-model car or if you had items in the home that could be sold.

Yup they did home visits and checked it out. If you had a tv, you were denied.

Necessity if the mother of invention. People scramble when they have to. Welfare isn't meant to support people in the manner in which they have become accustomed. Welfare is meant to keep them from starving, and to hopefully stave off homelessness...for a month perhaps.

Sell your shit, pay what you can, and if you can't get a job, get welfare for a month or two. And if you don't look for work you get booted off that and the state takes your kids.

51789-eight.jpg

9501576-large.jpg

Most of those people won't get a job. But you think that the people you force off welfare will?

lol, pure idiocy.

Fair point.

But cutting welfare, not cutting it off, with the requisite cutting of taxes might create an atmosphere where Business are more willing to hire.

What you REFUSE to recognize is that we're in one of the worst prolonged economies in History. And it's the scumbag-in-chief's policies that are causing it.

BTW, I didn't get the first job I ever applied for.

Few do. You gotta keep on keepin' on until you do.

If you are looking at being homeless and foodless, yeah, you are highly motivated to bust your ass for any job that is available. Even if it means leaving the kids with mom and catching a ferry to Alaska.

Why are liberals such idiots?

there ARE people who dont mind sitting back and collecting some government benefit. no not everybody would prefer a job.
Sometimes i wonder do some of you left-wing idiots actually know anybody that is poor.

People don't move their stupid jobless asses from the cities because everything is paid for them there.

If they want to work, they will apply OUTSIDE of Chicago, Detroit and NYC, and they will move their lazy butts to where the work is, work until they have enough $$ to bring their families, then bring their families to live with them.

It's the way it has always been done. It's the only way to break the poverty cycle.

Of course, crack is harder to find in the Bering Strait.

And nobody understands ebonics there.

But dumb whores can make a killing. Women are scarce.

51789-eight.jpg

9501576-large.jpg

lol, pure idiocy.

Fair point.

But cutting welfare, not cutting it off, with the requisite cutting of taxes might create an atmosphere where Business are more willing to hire.

What you REFUSE to recognize is that we're in one of the worst prolonged economies in History. And it's the scumbag-in-chief's policies that are causing it.

BTW, I didn't get the first job I ever applied for.

Few do. You gotta keep on keepin' on until you do.

there are ten thousand people not in that line; watching it unfold in their rent-subsidized apartments; calling those people suckers.

idiots and hypocrites

These goddam poor (who are mostly black) and homosexuals and Muslims and Mexicans are fucking everything up for everyone else.

When, oh when, will a leader rise up and toss this garbage into the incinerator?

Of course, crack is harder to find in the Bering Strait.

And nobody understands ebonics there.

But dumb whores can make a killing. Women are scarce.

You are an...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jU314nyMKWE]ELO - Evil Woman (1976) - YouTube[/ame]

In a good way, of course :)

These goddam poor (who are mostly black) and homosexuals and Muslims and Mexicans are fucking everything up for everyone else.

When, oh when, will a leader rise up and toss this garbage into the incinerator?

At the very least, these groups should be denied underwear.

Sing it with me!

'Merka, 'Merka above everything,
Above everything in the world,
When, for protection and defense, it always
takes a brotherly stand together.

'Merken women, 'Merken loyalty,
'Merken wine and 'Merken song
Shall retain in the world
Their old beautiful chime
And inspire us to noble deeds
During all of our life.

Unity and justice and freedom
For the 'Merken fatherland!
For these let us all strive
Brotherly with heart and hand!
Unity and justice and freedom
Are the pledge of fortune

Last edited:

As long as they start with you..... :dunno:

Forum List

Back