🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Shut Off at Applebee's

I'm outraged! I went to the Marriott Hotel on the river walk in San Antonio, and ordered a bottle of Night Train wine, and they refused to serve me! Not only that, but they told me to take my cardboard sign and get out!

I get why such a limit is placed on the adult beverages. For one thing, I highly doubt that the bar was meant to be the main focus of the place. Yes, a bar is in there, but the majority of the place's menu consists of the food and not the drinks and with kids being allowed to eat there, that too I am sure is another reason why a limit is placed on how much liquor can be served to a person.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
but if we had ordered say an order of fries and didn't eat any we could have stayed at the bar and would have been served more drinks than the one more round I asked for

It's a stupid policy that is not meant to curb drinking at the bar

i would guess this may be a reflection of the tavern laws in your state...that cause the corporates to do this...so in a round about way it is the governments influence...

I get why such a limit is placed on the adult beverages. For one thing, I highly doubt that the bar was meant to be the main focus of the place. Yes, a bar is in there, but the majority of the place's menu consists of the food and not the drinks and with kids being allowed to eat there, that too I am sure is another reason why a limit is placed on how much liquor can be served to a person.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
It is a family place alright. I can't bring our kids their because my autistic son would go nucking futs it's so crowded. I did take my wife on a couple dates there.

WTF

My wife and I went to visit family over the weekend. Now they are both reformed alcoholics so we don't drink at their house. We stayed in a hotel right next to the Local Applebee's and stopped in for a few cocktails one night before heading up to our room.

I was shut off after 3 weak kneed Jack and Cokes because it's their policy not to serve more than 3 drinks if you don't order food.

I have never been shut off at a bar before and it seems fucking stupid to get shut off and not even have a buzz

More of the Nanny State mentality at work I guess

You need help. Admit it and begin.

WTF

My wife and I went to visit family over the weekend. Now they are both reformed alcoholics so we don't drink at their house. We stayed in a hotel right next to the Local Applebee's and stopped in for a few cocktails one night before heading up to our room.

I was shut off after 3 weak kneed Jack and Cokes because it's their policy not to serve more than 3 drinks if you don't order food.

I have never been shut off at a bar before and it seems fucking stupid to get shut off and not even have a buzz

It depends on the state. A lot of laws and polices changed when people that drove drunk and wrecked, or the people involved in the accident or family members of those that died or suffered injuries in the accident, were able to sue the bartenders or bars for being over-served. It probably has more to do with liability then with anything. Some states, like Florida, have figured out ways to keep the bar owners from being sued by having their staff go through training which operates like insurance and then the bartenders can take the fall.

WTF

You're right, his choice of drink is uncultured. Saki and Coke, right?

i would guess this may be a reflection of the tavern laws in your state...that cause the corporates to do this...so in a round about way it is the governments influence...
it wasn't my state we were visiting my wife's sister

WTF

help for what?

WTF

It depends on the state. A lot of laws and polices changed when people that drove drunk and wrecked, or the people involved in the accident or family members of those that died or suffered injuries in the accident, were able to sue the bartenders or bars for being over-served. It probably has more to do with liability then with anything. Some states, like Florida, have figured out ways to keep the bar owners from being sued by having their staff go through training which operates like insurance and then the bartenders can take the fall.
We weren't driving. We were staying at the hotel that was right next door. I even showed the bar tender my room key card.

It's a stupid policy especially since if I had ordered the smallest cheapest appetizer on the menu we could have had many more drinks than the one more we were going to have

WTF

We weren't driving. We were staying at the hotel that was right next door. I even showed the bar tender my room key card.

It's a stupid policy especially since if I had ordered the smallest cheapest appetizer on the menu we could have had many more drinks than the one more we were going to have

I understand that. Unfortunately, sue happy people have gotten in the way.

Seems like a reasonable policy

They don't want to deal with drunks
I is a restaurant rather than a watering hole to get drunk at.
I wasn't drunk and i wasn't going to get drunk
They did not know you.

It was obvious to anyone with a brain that we were not drunk
They do not know your capacity. If you wanted a few drinks, why were you at Applebees?

Seems like a reasonable policy

They don't want to deal with drunks
I is a restaurant rather than a watering hole to get drunk at.
I wasn't drunk and i wasn't going to get drunk
They did not know you.

It was obvious to anyone with a brain that we were not drunk
They do not know your capacity. If you wanted a few drinks, why were you at Applebees?
read the thread I already answered that

Forum List

Back