🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Shut Off at Applebee's

I is a restaurant rather than a watering hole to get drunk at.
I wasn't drunk and i wasn't going to get drunk
They did not know you.

It was obvious to anyone with a brain that we were not drunk
They do not know your capacity. If you wanted a few drinks, why were you at Applebees?
read the thread I already answered that
You were too lazy to go to a real bar and you got what you deserved.

They did not know you.

They do not know your capacity. If you wanted a few drinks, why were you at Applebees?
This is a general discussion. There's no call for that.

They did not know you.

I was only repeating the obvious.

They did not know you.

As I said it was a "real" bar since I was actually there an the bar actually existed

I was only repeating the obvious.
The obvious nonsense you mean

They did not know you.

As I said it was a "real" bar since I was actually there an the bar actually existed
Yes, but it is a family restaurant that has a bar. Not exactly the place I would go if I wanted a few good drinks. or several good drinks.

Yes, but it is a family restaurant that has a bar. Not exactly the place I would go if I wanted a few good drinks. or several good drinks.
IDGAF where you would go.
and I already said the only reason we went there was because it was close to the hotel.

They probably don't want the atmosphere to become a bar scene and booze is mostly to accompany meals. Plus alcohol servers have been held liable when somebody gets drunk and kills somebody.

More of the Nanny State mentality at work I guess

They are trying to protect themselves from being sued for over-serving a guest who then goes out and kills someone with their car.

Whether you like it or not, you have to see their side of it.

Once again I repeat myself
I wasn't driving, I even showed the bartender my room key for the hotel that you could see out of the window I was sitting by.

But your argument falls short because if I had ordered a side of fries and left them on the bar untouched we could have had many more drinks

They probably don't want the atmosphere to become a bar scene and booze is mostly to accompany meals. Plus alcohol servers have been held liable when somebody gets drunk and kills somebody.
That's not it.

If I had ordered an appetizer then we could have had many more drinks than the one more we wanted even if we didn't eat the appetizer

That is how ridiculously stupid this policy is

They are trying to protect themselves from being sued for over-serving a guest who then goes out and kills someone with their car.

I wasn't driving, I even showed the bartender my room key for the hotel that you could see out of the window I was sitting by.

But your argument falls short because if I had ordered a side of fries and left them on the bar untouched we could have had many more drinks
So they are supposed to believe you are Honest Abe? If you don't like their policy don't go to Applebees. Problem solved.

Two people in a row suggesting the bar is trying to avoid liability.

Skullpilot said they would happily keep serving if he ordered something to eat.

Next theory please.

So they are supposed to believe you are Honest Abe? If you don't like their policy don't go to Applebees. Problem solved.
Well, Idiot, the policy isn't posted anywhere in the restaurant so how was I supposed to know what the policy was?

They don't know if you're being honest about where you're staying and I tend to doubt that leaving the fries next to you uneaten would have solved the issue.

I can't speak for other areas of the country, but New England bars and restaurants are really starting to clamp down on overserving alcohol. More than a few have been successfully sued for the actions of people after leaving and they don't want the liability.

One place is apparently going so far as to look at limiting the number of drinks a seat can have by time as well as total number.

Forum List

Back