🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Shut Off at Applebee's

WTF

My wife and I went to visit family over the weekend. Now they are both reformed alcoholics so we don't drink at their house. We stayed in a hotel right next to the Local Applebee's and stopped in for a few cocktails one night before heading up to our room.

I was shut off after 3 weak kneed Jack and Cokes because it's their policy not to serve more than 3 drinks if you don't order food.

I have never been shut off at a bar before and it seems fucking stupid to get shut off and not even have a buzz

More of the Nanny State mentality at work I guess

It is not nanny state rules as much as Corporate policy... You could have order some type of appetizer and they might have kept the booze flowing... Also who the hell goes and drinks at Applebee's which is owned by the same company that own IHOP!?!

I understand they were close but it would have been cheaper to get a bottle of your best booze from the booze barn nearby than waste the money you wasted at Applebee's...

Sometimes I just like to sit at a bar. I'm not so hard up for cash that I have to nickel and dime everything

What does hard up for cash have to do with wasting the money!?!

If you took my response as being hard up for money then that is on you mate because I don't believe in wasting money on overpriced drinks at some eating establishment that is not a real bar...

It was a restaurant with a bar so it was a "real bar".

And the drinks there were no more expensive than the drinks at any other "real" bar.

WTF

My wife and I went to visit family over the weekend. Now they are both reformed alcoholics so we don't drink at their house. We stayed in a hotel right next to the Local Applebee's and stopped in for a few cocktails one night before heading up to our room.

I was shut off after 3 weak kneed Jack and Cokes because it's their policy not to serve more than 3 drinks if you don't order food.

I have never been shut off at a bar before and it seems fucking stupid to get shut off and not even have a buzz

It is not nanny state rules as much as Corporate policy... You could have order some type of appetizer and they might have kept the booze flowing... Also who the hell goes and drinks at Applebee's which is owned by the same company that own IHOP!?!

I understand they were close but it would have been cheaper to get a bottle of your best booze from the booze barn nearby than waste the money you wasted at Applebee's...

Sometimes I just like to sit at a bar. I'm not so hard up for cash that I have to nickel and dime everything

If you took my response as being hard up for money then that is on you mate because I don't believe in wasting money on overpriced drinks at some eating establishment that is not a real bar...

And the drinks there were no more expensive than the drinks at any other "real" bar.

It's a restaurant...

The solution would have been buy something to eat and seeing you refused to they had every right to cut you off...

It seem you were penny pinching seeing that you did not want to comply with their policies...

Seems like a reasonable policy

They don't want to deal with drunks

I was not drunk. Not by a long shot

And you weren't going to get drunk at their restaurant
No I never drink until I get drunk. I drink until I think I've had enough.

Not their problem

Their establishment, their rules
They find people start to get unruly after four or more drinks so they cut everyone off. Good policy. Applebees is a family restaurant and doesn't want to accommodate drunks to make a few more dollars

WTF

It's a restaurant...

The solution would have been buy something to eat and seeing you refused to they had every right to cut you off...

It seem you were penny pinching seeing that you did not want to comply with their policies...

I had already eaten dinner and was not hungry.

Seems like a reasonable policy

They don't want to deal with drunks

I was not drunk. Not by a long shot

And you weren't going to get drunk at their restaurant
No I never drink until I get drunk. I drink until I think I've had enough.

Not their problem

Their establishment, their rules
They find people start to get unruly after four or more drinks so they cut everyone off. Good policy. Applebees is a family restaurant and doesn't want to accommodate drunks to make a few more dollars

No they want to sell more food. It has nothing to do with unruly crowds. and do you really think if i split the cheapest and smallest appetizer with my wife and they served me 6 more drinks that I would have been less drunk if I simply had one or two more drinks given the fact that I had eaten a steak and lobster dinner an hour before I sat down at the bar?

It's a restaurant...

Well then you know the next time to buy your own booze from the booze barn and drink at your room or have a cab take you to a real bar and not some Applebee's!

It's a restaurant...

Well then you know the next time to buy your own booze from the booze barn and drink at your room or have a cab take you to a real bar and not some Applebee's!

Cut the shit with the "real" bar nonsense. We wanted a few cocktails to unwind before we went to our room that is all and we the taxi service where we were was almost non existent

It's a restaurant...

Cut the shit with the "real" bar nonsense. We wanted a few cocktails to unwind before we went to our room that is all and we the taxi service where we were was almost non existent

I don't have to cut anything!

First off you wrote about the Nanny State cutting you off but the reality that is Corporate America cutting you off unless you ordered something from their menu which is their policy like it or not.

Next, because you felt you were not drunk does not matter because it is the server choice or the one making the drinks choice to keep on serving you and if they felt you had one too many then they have to stop serving you not just because of the possible laws involved but it could cost them their job.

Finally, you wrote about how you were not penny pinching so why not buy something and take it with you after another drink or two?

WTF

Seek help Lushy McLusherson

It's a restaurant...

I don't have to cut anything!

First off you wrote about the Nanny State cutting you off but the reality that is Corporate America cutting you off unless you ordered something from their menu which is their policy like it or not.

Next, because you felt you were not drunk does not matter because it is the server choice or the one making the drinks choice to keep on serving you and if they felt you had one too many then they have to stop serving you not just because of the possible laws involved but it could cost them their job.

Finally, you wrote about how you were not penny pinching so why not buy something and take it with you after another drink or two?

Learn how to read will you?

I said it was the Nanny State mentality at work. I didn't blame anything on the Nanny State. And since it was the policy of the establishment the bar tender had no choice whether to serve me or not if she did have a choice she most certainly would have brought us another round.

And how do you know I didn't have a bottle in the room already? FYI I had a bottle of real nice bourbon for me and another of Gray Goose for the wife.

But I didn't want to just sit in the room and drink.

WTF

Seek help Lushy McLusherson

For what?

i believe you that youve never been cut off b.c. nobody calls it shut off that ive ever heard :confused:

i believe you that youve never been cut off b.c. nobody calls it shut off that ive ever heard :confused:

Might be a regional difference in terms

but really shut off, cut off no difference

WTF

I read all the possible explanations and none of them make sense. It seems to me if they're selling booze at the customary huge markup, they're making a profit and people who are drinking tend to be profligate and generous tippers. Why interfere with that?

WTF

Very odd. The margin on their crappy cocktails must be HYUUUUGGGGEEEE, so why give up the $$$.

I get why such a limit is placed on the adult beverages. For one thing, I highly doubt that the bar was meant to be the main focus of the place. Yes, a bar is in there, but the majority of the place's menu consists of the food and not the drinks and with kids being allowed to eat there, that too I am sure is another reason why a limit is placed on how much liquor can be served to a person.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back