Shutdown could last years

Oh god, what ever will we do ?

What's the first thing that will happen with no government oversight ?!!!

A. The JFK coverup will unravel

B. The sky will fall

C. Jimmy Hoffa will have to be released from the basement of the Labor Dept building

D. The moon landing hoax employees will spill the beans when their paychecks stop coming in.

E. Area 51 employees will no longer be guarding the Martians

Veterans will cease to get some treatments, especially mental health.

Guards and staff at federal prison will walk off the job.

Homeland Security will run on a skeleton crew. Ports will not be secure.

Oversight for infrastructure will cease.

A few thousand FBI agents, DEA agents, and US Marshalls are gone.

A few thousand US Forest Service firefighters are gone.

A few thousand federal weather forecasters (the source for most weather services) will be gone.

NASA is all but closed.

National Park Service and the Forest Service lose 80% of their workers.

But who cares, right?

Then we'll just have to fend for ourselves, right? I stockpiled enough weapons, ammunition, and supplies to equip a small army, during the Obama years.

Sure hate to see it all go unused. :biggrin:

"So I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I'm not going to blame you for it. The last time you shut it down it didn't work. I will take the mantle of shutting down, and I'm going to shut it down for border security."

- Donald Trump, December 11th 2018.
The last time the Democrats shut down the government, Nancy Pelosi lost the gavel and lots of congressional seats went Republican. Cant wait....as history will repeat itself...again....

Wise man once say: It is foolish to get what you want while losing what you have.

The Democrats should remember that.

President Trump is abusing his power on this.... the constitution gives Congress the power to legislate, and appropriate... and to handle immigration, legal and illegal.... none of these things are delegated to the President.

impeach the SOB! :D:D:D :lol:
How many more cops and citizens have to be killed before you libs will agree to defend Americas borders?.....do you know that in Pelosi's bill she gave 54 billion dollars to foreign aid?....but 5.6 billion is too much to spend on homeland security?...please.....
small, little minded people never really get the "whole, big picture".... they can only see, the little they want to see.... :rolleyes:

Two months of pay is already signed and ready...so if the Pelosi shut down ends before two months no one will be without a single day of pay.....

bullshit.
It was stated in the presser this morning but you probably were watching CNN and missed it.....

Trump says a lot of this that is not true, but you think he is Jesus and could never tell a lie
The press was there and didn't challenge him on it...

The press has given up on that, it is a waste of time and he just throws a hissy fit and walks away.

Yeah, sure, right....what alternate universe are you living in?
Trump can't fart without the media reporting on it.

small, little minded people never really get the "whole, big picture".... they can only see, the little they want to see....
But you are not a relative of a cop that was murdered last week by an illegal alien....maybe you should place yourself in that situation....before you sound off...

Trump threatens shutdown of ‘months or even years’ over border wall, says he could declare national emergency to get it built
President Trump on Friday threatened a years-long shutdown of the federal government to get the money he wants for his U.S.-Mexico border wall, even as he asserted that he could declare a national emergency to build the wall if he chose to.
Trump threatens shutdown of ‘months or even years’ over border wall, says he could declare national emergency to get it built

What does that mean? What powers could he use?
According to
The Atlantic:
"The moment the president declares a “national emergency”—a decision that is entirely within his discretion—more than 100 special provisions become available to him. While many of these tee up reasonable responses to genuine emergencies, some appear dangerously suited to a leader bent on amassing or retaining power. For instance, the president can, with the flick of his pen, activate laws allowing him to shut down many kinds of electronic communications inside the United States or freeze Americans’ bank accounts. Other powers are available even without a declaration of emergency, including laws that allow the president to deploy troops inside the country to subdue domestic unrest
This edifice of extraordinary powers has historically rested on the assumption that the president will act in the country’s best interest when using them. With a handful of noteworthy exceptions, this assumption has held up. But what if a president, backed into a corner and facing electoral defeat or impeachment, were to declare an emergency for the sake of holding on to power? In that scenario, our laws and institutions might not save us from a presidential power grab. They might be what takes us down.
What the President Could Do If He Declares a State of Emergency

Now for most patriotic Americans, using and/or abusing a declared National Emergency could very well signal the end of the United States of America as it has been since 1776.
Based on the fact that Trump is truly painted in a corner and also the plausible fact that he is mentally unstable, we could have a one man coup. The United States could end up a footnote in history.
Now I'm very sure, that many Little Trumpsters would laugh at the possibility. Donald J Trump would never do such a thing, say the gullible, right?
And other Little Trumpsters, would run to the hills and scream for joy. That's because they love Trump more than their country and probably their own family.

The question is, how would you react if a cornered Trump declared a National Emergency, did consolidate power and change America forever?

I would applaud Trump for that. It shows that he has balls.

"So I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I'm not going to blame you for it. The last time you shut it down it didn't work. I will take the mantle of shutting down, and I'm going to shut it down for border security."

- Donald Trump, December 11th 2018.

Trump is still waiting.
Congress hasn't put a bill on his desk yet.
Trump hasn't shut anything down.

Don't you know how this works?
Trump refused to sign senate CR on Dec 20th.

Paul Ryan: Trump Won’t Sign Spending Bill Meant To Avert Government Shutdown

It takes me just a few seconds to find this stuff, why are you guys so clueless?

Our President is committed to doing the Presidency right, and neither Chuck nor Nancy seem to be willing to cede an inch on this. With Donald J. Trump behind us, we can last as long as needed.

Trump: Government will be shutdown as long as it takes - CNN Video
When the rest of the United States sees that these NON-essential personnel are not essential, then there wont be a big fuss over cutting the government PORK. In 24 days welfare gets cut off also, lets see what happens in inner cities.....

If you live in or near a large city, if I were you, I would be buying up some fire insurance and quick, if you dont already have some.

nothing-says-love-trumps-hate-like-burning-cities-and-things-7101251.png

Well, one of the agencies deemed "non essential" is the NTSB. They are unable to investigate the accident today with the church van and 18 wheelers that killed 5 kids and 2 adults because they are on furlough.

Will investigating the accident mean that no more accidents will ever happen?

Our President is committed to doing the Presidency right, and neither Chuck nor Nancy seem to be willing to cede an inch on this. With Donald J. Trump behind us, we can last as long as needed.

Well, I know one group that doesn't care.

While federal workers go without pay, senior Trump administration officials are poised to get $10,000 raises
That pretty much says it all

President Trump is abusing his power on this.... the constitution gives Congress the power to legislate, and appropriate... and to handle immigration, legal and illegal.... none of these things are delegated to the President.

How many more cops and citizens have to be killed before you libs will agree to defend Americas borders?.....do you know that in Pelosi's bill she gave 54 billion dollars to foreign aid?....but 5.6 billion is too much to spend on homeland security?...please.....
small, little minded people never really get the "whole, big picture".... they can only see, the little they want to see.... :rolleyes:
I am glad that you are starting the realize your small mindedness. That is the first step to a recovery...

Well, I know one group that doesn't care.

While federal workers go without pay, senior Trump administration officials are poised to get $10,000 raises
That pretty much says it all

Riding Deans coattails is not real flattering...jus' saying.

Does that half include border security?
All essential homeland security personnel are at work....this is a partial shutdown...but they won't tell you that on CNN.....so turn that trash off before it rots your brain......
So the border security entities are now considered “non-essential”? Hmm. That’s odd. They are on furlough until Trump gets a wall funded by tax payers and not Mexico.

Lol the joke that is Trump and his supporters writes itself.

Simple: Shut down the entire damned border and leave a skeleton crew of agents armed to the teeth.

That's what the Orange Idiot said (among a whole lot of other really strange things including left turns and right turns and who the fuck knows what)

The TSA has not gotten a check since this started...they will get one on Jan 3 and then nothing until it is over.

Is ICE getting paid?

The Dem House has passed a continuing resolution to get everyone paid (the Homeland Security portion is good for 30 days).

The Senate is doing nothing.

They have previously passed a clean CR by voice vote (making it unanimous) but with the new Congress that would need to be voted on again. Turtle McConnell has not brought it up for a vote. He has brought NOTHING up for a vote in the new Senate

I watched that news conference and I could feel brain cells committing suicide in the thousands. OMG. The man is a cretin.

Most of the country think he talks like a New Yorker. He talks like a Brooklyn cab driver with a high school education

God Help us
That's pretty much what Hillary said about Trump until he make her into political joke. Every day this shutdown continues, Trump gains support from voters on the right, who have been critical of him lately for not having achieved the border fence, and the longer this goes on the more support he will have in 2020. If Trump ends the shutdown without getting funding for the border fence, he will not be able to run in 2020, so the Democrats have to decide if they are helping themselves or hurting themselves by keeping the shutdown going on and on and on and ....

This is the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
Dems picked the wrong time and the wrong issue to play chicken with the Prez!

"Dems"?

Um.... wasn't "Mexico" going to pay for the wall?

Didn't some guy promise that, saying "mark my words"? Who was that again?

He must be a liar then huh.

So? If you don't like it, then impeach him. :laughing0301:

"So?" huh?

So Rump's promises mean nothing, izzat what you're admitting here?

I don't give a single f*uck who pays for it. Just get the damned thing built.

Wrong. The president is absolutely in charge of immigration.

Congress is in charge of producing legislation and financing.

Does that half include border security?
All essential homeland security personnel are at work....this is a partial shutdown...but they won't tell you that on CNN.....so turn that trash off before it rots your brain......
So the border security entities are now considered “non-essential”? Hmm. That’s odd. They are on furlough until Trump gets a wall funded by tax payers and not Mexico.

Lol the joke that is Trump and his supporters writes itself.

Simple: Shut down the entire damned border and leave a skeleton crew of agents armed to the teeth.

The Army is already there. ;)

Forum List

Back