Sick and tired of US debate on raising the min. wage.

American businesses are not bottomless pits of money, as some seem to pretend.

Those businesses profited over a frozen minimum wage for twelve years.
I did not see you fretting over the finances of the workers

Those businesses profited over a frozen minimum wage for twelve years.

That's horrible!
How many people made minimum wage 12 years ago? How many last year?

Were they the same people?

Who gets their income doubled over night for no reason except their existence?

12 years since the last raise is not overnight

Very few Minimum Wage earners have worked the last 12 years at the same job for the same wage.

Any who have? Sure give them a little bit more.

But for the vast majority of min wage earners, that just isn't the case.
Has nothing to do with it
They are still being paid a wage that has been frozen for twelve years. We merely replace one underpaid worker with another

Employers have profited off of that low wage for twelve years
Time to start looking out for the workers

Minimum wage is a horseshit issue. But, it stirs up the dummies and gives government more power - so it's irresistible to Democrats.
It is a horseshit issue
It should have been raised 10 years ago and future raises should be tied to inflation

You know why it wasn't? Because politicians are afraid of getting voted out of office for fucking up the economy.
Raising minimum wage does not fuk up the economy
Cutting corporate taxes by 40 percent did

Why would companies being able to investment more money into the economy... cause a problem in the economy? That makes no logical sense.

Further, I pretty sure I heard you in the past say that corporations were off shoring jobs out of the country, because labor is cheaper.......... now you are suggesting that increasing the cost of labor could not possibly harm the economy.

Do you not see those two claims are mutually exclusive?

Only those companies did not use the 40 percent tax cut to invest in the economy, they bought back stock

Guess what? The minimum wage worker will invest almost all of that $15 into the economy
And how will the Minimum wage worker that loses his or her job invest the $0 that they will then be making? You don't care about THOSE people though...do you, Winger? The people with few job skills? The young people just starting out? Those are the people that will really be affected by this. You don't give a crap about them though...do you?

I‘m in my 60s and have heard that same “if we raise minimum wage, people will lose their job “ every time they raised the wage. didn’t happen
Market compensates

Minimum wage is a horseshit issue. But, it stirs up the dummies and gives government more power - so it's irresistible to Democrats.
It is a horseshit issue
It should have been raised 10 years ago and future raises should be tied to inflation

You know why it wasn't? Because politicians are afraid of getting voted out of office for fucking up the economy.

Why would companies being able to investment more money into the economy... cause a problem in the economy? That makes no logical sense.

Further, I pretty sure I heard you in the past say that corporations were off shoring jobs out of the country, because labor is cheaper.......... now you are suggesting that increasing the cost of labor could not possibly harm the economy.

Only those companies did not use the 40 percent tax cut to invest in the economy, they bought back stock

Guess what? The minimum wage worker will invest almost all of that $15 into the economy
And how will the Minimum wage worker that loses his or her job invest the $0 that they will then be making? You don't care about THOSE people though...do you, Winger? The people with few job skills? The young people just starting out? Those are the people that will really be affected by this. You don't give a crap about them though...do you?

I‘m in my 60s and have heard that same “if we raise minimum wage, people will lose their job “ every time they raised the wage. didn’t happen
Market compensates

LOL - because it's never been raised significantly. You know, like you've been saying throughout this thread. What do you think would happen if we raised minimum wage to $25/hr? Try to answer honestly - if you can.

LOL - because it's always been ridiculously low, dumbass. You know, like you've been saying throughout this thread.

I worked minimum wage for five years making $2.10 to $2.35
It wasn‘t ridiculously low. I was able to pay my college tuition working just three months a year.

$7.25 is ridiculously low. it doesn’t approach paying a kids tuition. They have to make up the difference by borrowing money

LOL - because it's always been ridiculously low, dumbass. You know, like you've been saying throughout this thread.

It wasn‘t ridiculously low. I was able to pay my college tuition working just three months a year.

$7.25 is ridiculously low. it doesn’t approach paying a kids tuition. They have to make up the difference by borrowing money
What do you think would happen if we raised minimum wage to $25/hr? Try to answer honestly - if you can.

It is a horseshit issue

Market compensates
Sure, and how many times was it doubled overnight?

It is a horseshit issue

Market compensates

Never had to wait 12 years for an increase

Employers have benefitted from a frozen minimum wage all that time. They also received a 40 percent tax cut in 2017

We should have demanded a minimum wage increase at that time but Republicans said FUK the workers

You're lying. Every time they raise the minimum wage, some minimum wage workers lose their jobs.

And Congress has known that - which is why they've never raised it a significant amount.

But still - that misses the point. It's obvious to anyone with a basic grasp of economics that price and wage controls harm the economy. But I continue to see this from an individual rights perspective. If someone wants to take job, for a wage that is below rightwinger's standards, why should that be illegal? Maybe they get something out of the job besides a paycheck - who knows. Point is, it's none of our business what someone else makes. And none fo the government's.

The price of Tuition has gotten out of hand, not the minimum wage.

The rise in tuition far exceeds the increase in prices for Cadillacs , booze, TV sets, etc.

It is a horseshit issue

Market compensates
Ima go with "none".

Forum List

Back