Sick and tired of US debate on raising the min. wage.

Minimum wage is a horseshit issue. But, it stirs up the dummies and gives government more power - so it's irresistible to Democrats.
It is a horseshit issue
It should have been raised 10 years ago and future raises should be tied to inflation

You know why it wasn't? Because politicians are afraid of getting voted out of office for fucking up the economy.
Raising minimum wage does not fuk up the economy
Cutting corporate taxes by 40 percent did
You could not be more wrong but then again I have exposed your lack of financial acumen many times on this board.
We borrowed trillions of dollars to pay for corporate tax cuts
What did that do ?
It maintained a low unemployment rate and actually increased our revenue. Our revenue has never been the problem, expenses have been. Specifically entitlements, which provide nothing to the country in terms of revenue.

Minimum wage is a horseshit issue. But, it stirs up the dummies and gives government more power - so it's irresistible to Democrats.
It is a horseshit issue
It should have been raised 10 years ago and future raises should be tied to inflation

You know why it wasn't? Because politicians are afraid of getting voted out of office for fucking up the economy.

Are you really - seriously - going to say that raising the minimum wage has no negative impact on the economy? To be clear, that's not really why I oppose it, but c'mon. You're that dumb, are you?
Then why not raise the MW to $100/hr and be done with poverty altogether? Answer that honestly and you'll be on the right track.
Thresholds son. Thresholds.
The question has served its purpose. We've abandoned the position that the MW can simply be doubled overnight with no negative impact.

What is then the threshold beyond which the MW becomes toxic?
How quickly can we raise it before we experience negative effects?
Are you surprised that companies will lay off workers when MW increases raises their costs beyond the threshold of the revenue they generate?

It is a horseshit issue

Why would companies being able to investment more money into the economy... cause a problem in the economy? That makes no logical sense.

Further, I pretty sure I heard you in the past say that corporations were off shoring jobs out of the country, because labor is cheaper.......... now you are suggesting that increasing the cost of labor could not possibly harm the economy.

Do you not see those two claims are mutually exclusive?

Only those companies did not use the 40 percent tax cut to invest in the economy, they bought back stock

Guess what? The minimum wage worker will invest almost all of that $15 into the economy
Who got the money when they spent it on their own stock? It wouldn't be retirees or 401K owners who got a windfall in their portfolios because the price went up, would it?

It is a horseshit issue

Are you really - seriously - going to say that raising the minimum wage has no negative impact on the economy? To be clear, that's not really why I oppose it, but c'mon. You're that dumb, are you?
Then why not raise the MW to $100/hr and be done with poverty altogether? Answer that honestly and you'll be on the right track.

You won't get an honest answer.
I gave him an honest answer. Its not minimum or max. There are thresholds because its a balancing act.
This is a point of agreement. Now we just need to figure out where those thresholds are, because we CAN kill the economy if we jack the MW too far too fast. American businesses are not bottomless pits of money, as some seem to pretend.

It is a horseshit issue

Why would companies being able to investment more money into the economy... cause a problem in the economy? That makes no logical sense.

Further, I pretty sure I heard you in the past say that corporations were off shoring jobs out of the country, because labor is cheaper.......... now you are suggesting that increasing the cost of labor could not possibly harm the economy.

Only those companies did not use the 40 percent tax cut to invest in the economy, they bought back stock

Guess what? The minimum wage worker will invest almost all of that $15 into the economy
Who got the money when they spent it on their own stock? It wouldn't be retirees or 401K owners who got a windfall in their portfolios because the price went up, would it?

Other billionaires

American businesses are not bottomless pits of money, as some seem to pretend.

Those businesses profited over a frozen minimum wage for twelve years.
I did not see you fretting over the finances of the workers

It is a horseshit issue

You could not be more wrong but then again I have exposed your lack of financial acumen many times on this board.
What did that do ?
It maintained a low unemployment rate and actually increased our revenue. Our revenue has never been the problem, expenses have been. Specifically entitlements, which provide nothing to the country in terms of revenue.

It added trillions to our debt.

It is a horseshit issue

Other billionaires
Are you really pretending that 401K's and IRA's don't invest in these companies? The market today is not restricted to a relative handful of wealthy investors, unlike what you've apparently been told.

American businesses are not bottomless pits of money, as some seem to pretend.

Those businesses profited over a frozen minimum wage for twelve years.
I did not see you fretting over the finances of the workers
I'm talking about the vast majority of companies (you know, the small ones) that will be hit the hardest if we jack up their labor costs too high too fast. Then it won't matter what the MW is because the only ones working will be the most experienced and most skilled. The guys on the bottom rung of the ladder get hit the hardest, as usual. Kids will take longer to break into the job market, displaced workers will take longer to land another job, and the job they do get will likely not pay as well as the one they got kicked out of. But hey, we stuck it to the business owners, didn't we?

It is a horseshit issue

What did that do ?

It added trillions to our debt.
It would still have been trillions. The spending is out of control. We added trillions to our debt before Trump too and tax rates were higher. If you have high tax rates, you have the risk and reality of corporate inversions. If I run a company and I can incorporate it in Ireland and pay a 12% tax rate why would I not take advantage of it when the US corp. rate is 35%? I only have to move 20% of my operations to be able to do that. Hence many pharma companies took advantage of it and we lost out on revenue. Trump knowing this lowered the tax rate to stop this from happening. In a Global economy you need to address such situations. The mistake Trump made was not tackling expenses. Biden is making the same mistake.

It is a horseshit issue

Other billionaires
Are you really pretending that 401K's and IRA's don't invest in these companies? The market today is not restricted to a relative handful of wealthy investors, unlike what you've apparently been told.
401ks are Chicken Shit
Our nations wealth sits with the top five percent

1612449354670.png

Joe Biden, as do most economist wants to raise the min. wage to 15.00 an hour, from the poultry 7.25 as it stands today. Most workers of course do not make 7.25 an hour as we all know, most are making btwn 8-12 an hour, with 12.00 being the standard. However, this debate has got to come to an end and real work, not words have to prevail this time.

For the last 12 years Wall Street as has Main Street retailers via online venues, all have seen profits soar to historic levels and Trump rallied and braged on how rich the rich was getting especially his last 4 years, not only with tax cuts but with market growths...so this bullshit about ppl will lose jobs...tired of hearing about it.

And waiting on a recovery from this pandemic will take another decade, if not more with so many business's, closing. However, NOBODY AND I MEAN NOBODY WILL MAKE A DIME, OUTSIDE OF SPECULATORS AND HEDGE FUNDERS on WALL STREET, WITHOUT CONSUMER SPENDING.

Its time Biden, congress and the senate take the effort, the vote and raise the min. wage to a level that can not only help families regroup again with a new job focus, but also help business's grow also. Amazon raised wages profits only grew. Some companies will have to fold, welcome to life!! But at least the owner can go out and find a job paying 15 bucks an hour vs 7.25.
If you work at McDonalds in Denmark you make 22€ per hour with 6 weeks paid vacation and other benefits.

Can you be a kid and have some fries with that? What's not to love?

p10303671.jpg

And look, they're even nearly all white!

Last edited:
It is a horseshit issue

Other billionaires
401ks are Chicken Shit
Our nations wealth sits with the top five percent

View attachment 452861
And you don't give a flying rat's patoot about those who rely on those 401K's?

Joe Biden, as do most economist wants to raise the min. wage to 15.00 an hour, from the poultry 7.25 as it stands today. Most workers of course do not make 7.25 an hour as we all know, most are making btwn 8-12 an hour, with 12.00 being the standard. However, this debate has got to come to an end and real work, not words have to prevail this time.

For the last 12 years Wall Street as has Main Street retailers via online venues, all have seen profits soar to historic levels and Trump rallied and braged on how rich the rich was getting especially his last 4 years, not only with tax cuts but with market growths...so this bullshit about ppl will lose jobs...tired of hearing about it.

And waiting on a recovery from this pandemic will take another decade, if not more with so many business's, closing. However, NOBODY AND I MEAN NOBODY WILL MAKE A DIME, OUTSIDE OF SPECULATORS AND HEDGE FUNDERS on WALL STREET, WITHOUT CONSUMER SPENDING.

Its time Biden, congress and the senate take the effort, the vote and raise the min. wage to a level that can not only help families regroup again with a new job focus, but also help business's grow also. Amazon raised wages profits only grew. Some companies will have to fold, welcome to life!! But at least the owner can go out and find a job paying 15 bucks an hour vs 7.25.

I'd be in favor of a 7% increase in the minimum wage to 7.75.

But doubling it is a bit extreme.

Who gets their income doubled over night for no reason except their existence?

I crept behind [expletive] Danish lines to explore: How scary is Denmark? How horrifying would it be if the United States took a step or two in the direction of Denmark? Would America lose its edge, productivity and innovation, or would it gain well-being, fairness and happiness?

Who gets their income doubled over night for no reason except their existence?

12 years since the last raise is not overnight

Very few Minimum Wage earners have worked the last 12 years at the same job for the same wage.

Any who have? Sure give them a little bit more.

But for the vast majority of min wage earners, that just isn't the case.

It is a horseshit issue

And how will the Minimum wage worker that loses his or her job invest the $0 that they will then be making? You don't care about THOSE people though...do you, Winger? The people with few job skills? The young people just starting out? Those are the people that will really be affected by this. You don't give a crap about them though...do you?

Forum List

Back