Sign this: to declare Christ Jesus head of the church

I don't really see the point of this petition. If the Catholics are correct, then the Papacy was instituted by God. It's not going to end from a petition. If Catholics aren't correct, how is a petition somehow going to give them sanction from God?

Correction and change comes from God. It's true we can ask God if we can change things from time to time. (That is one of the purposes of prayer). But how is a man made petition going to change anything God put in place and why would the petition matter if God didn't put it in place?

Emily, I thought you should know I'm reading all of your posts in the voice of a female HAL-9000.

ha ha better that, than a "T-X" or "T-1000" from Terminator.
Come to abolish the Papacy? ha ha is that what you thought I meant?
So funny. I believe that all the people and diverse ways are included
in Universal Salvation, and that Christ Jesus represents the intersection
where all people agree on truth and justice which is a "very narrow gate"

Here is some humor you might like, where Buddha and Mary
do take on the T-1000 reincarnated in different stages
trying to wipe out humanity at key points in time:
http://www.houstonprogressive.org
The Gospel According to Movie Scripture

In response to the Pope's resignation, I posted a petition on change.org asking for unity in recognizing Christ Jesus as head of the church which also means the authority of Restorative Justice for secular Gentiles under civil and natural laws:

https://www.change.org/petitions/pop...e-for-gentiles

Please sign the petition and add your comments, prayers, or corrections!

Thank you very much
Yours truly,
Emily Nghiem

Agreement on the authority of Christ Jesus to mean “Restorative Justice” will invite and encourage all people of all groups to unite under a central authority, to make decisions by agreement in truth, instead of being divided and competing for dominance.

Followers of all laws, either religious or secular, can unite as one by agreeing to reconcile and govern by Restorative Justice, which is the meaning of Christ Jesus, as central authority over all laws divine or natural; otherwise tribes and nations remain divided by unforgiven conflict which fuels retributive justice. The suffering in the world from repeat cycles of relationship abuse and political wars will end by agreeing to ask together for forgiveness and corrections of past wrongs to receive healing grace, which is the Holy Spirit, to bring lasting peace and justice to humanity, which is Salvation in Christ.

https://www.change.org/petitions/po...ad-of-church-restorative-justice-for-gentiles

My Badge Number Is 666

In response to the Pope's resignation, I posted a petition on change.org asking for unity in recognizing Christ Jesus as head of the church which also means the authority of Restorative Justice for secular Gentiles under civil and natural laws:

https://www.change.org/petitions/pop...e-for-gentiles

Please sign the petition and add your comments, prayers, or corrections!

Thank you very much
Yours truly,
Emily Nghiem

Agreement on the authority of Christ Jesus to mean “Restorative Justice” will invite and encourage all people of all groups to unite under a central authority, to make decisions by agreement in truth, instead of being divided and competing for dominance.

Followers of all laws, either religious or secular, can unite as one by agreeing to reconcile and govern by Restorative Justice, which is the meaning of Christ Jesus, as central authority over all laws divine or natural; otherwise tribes and nations remain divided by unforgiven conflict which fuels retributive justice. The suffering in the world from repeat cycles of relationship abuse and political wars will end by agreeing to ask together for forgiveness and corrections of past wrongs to receive healing grace, which is the Holy Spirit, to bring lasting peace and justice to humanity, which is Salvation in Christ.

https://www.change.org/petitions/po...ad-of-church-restorative-justice-for-gentiles

It’s like something from the advent of the Reformation…

Otherwise the ignorance many have of Catholic dogma is remarkable.

JC is the ‘head’ of the Church, the Pope his Vicar here on Earth, hence the doctrine of Infallibility.

The way a Catholic college student explained this to me, that made sense, was that this applied to when the Pope was speaking "ex cathedra"

So it doesn't mean he is divinely perfect as a person.
Just when he is spiritually speaking for all the people or the church.

(With the state, I believe the laws reflect the nation where there is consensus.
That is when the people and govt are one under the Constitution by which govt derives authority by consent of the governed, similar to how the people are the church under Christ. The Code of Ethics for Govt Service which was passed unanimously by Congress
in 1980 is well-written and I believe meets this standard. can't say the govt
speaks for the people on much else!)

I would liek to see Popes for each Continent that can speak to all the people of different tribes, and then let this team of Popes all be equal in Christ and draw authority from agreement so Jesus Christ is head and they are the Vicars who can unify each continent.

I would, if it ment the banning of usury

Yes, I can see that coming. Not by force of law, but by free choice of educating and training more people who choose better ways of managing credit and capital for stable economic growth.

There is increased awareness and participation in microlending and cooperative economics to support and grow sustainable communities.

Also one of the places where I see Islam is necessary is to bring this teaching out that not as many people are aware of or are practicing. Most go along with the system,
and look where it is going - crashing based on bloated credit (instead of investing in sustainable effective areas like education to produce more health care provisions; or prison reform to stop the losses, damages and waste caused by crime and costs affecting taxpayers.)

Sorry Emily you're starting to sound like a real crazy here. I'm not religious in the least but I'm realistic. You're talking about tribes, the 144,000, collective unity...

Sure put as many petitions out as you want.

Is it any more or less realistic than thinking people can just keep going on
with political and religious conflict and suffering?

Don't you think that by human conscience, the need to avoid pain and suffering
and to seek peace and satisfaction motivates people to forgive and resolve issues?
And not let the same conflicts continue unresolved?
Isn't that human nature, made in the image of God remember,
that drives toward good and love and truth?
And is repelled by fear and anger and injustice?

Aren't we designed to seek love and truth?
Through Christ isn't that enough to overcome past ills and work together to build a better future? Doesn't this happen all the time and will eventually overcome the blocks in the way?

I can't think of a better time to reaffirm that Christ is Lord over the earth.
We have Popes kissing the Qur'an and proclaiming that the God of the Muslims and the God of Abraham are the same God! Apparently they can't read those great big letters on the Dome of the Rock that say ALLAH HAS NO SON.

If Rev. is correct, then this is what we we are seeing from our religious leaders:
United Religions Foundation

Proclaiming Christ as an exclusive way to Heaven is going to get your head cut off.

Revelation 6:9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained.

The charter is the beginning. It will culminate in slain saints.

Good on you emily, for putting the focus back on Jesus.

Sorry Emily you're starting to sound like a real crazy here. I'm not religious in the least but I'm realistic. You're talking about tribes, the 144,000, collective unity...

Sure put as many petitions out as you want.

Is it any more or less realistic than thinking people can just keep going on
with political and religious conflict and suffering?

You mean like they have been since the beginning of human kind?

I would say it's much less realistic.

I can't think of a better time to reaffirm that Christ is Lord over the earth.We have Popes kissing the Qur'an and proclaiming that the God of the Muslims and the God of Abraham are the same God! Apparently they can't read those great big letters on the Dome of the Rock that say ALLAH HAS NO SON.

So, are you saying the God of Christianity and Judaism aren't the same? After all, YHWH HAS NO SON, either!

Just the opposite.
The God of Abraham has a Son in whom He is well pleased......
Christians believe that that Son is propitiation for their sins.
Allah has no son.
The 2 Gods are not the same God. The Pope was never more wrong, and Chrislam is an abomination.

Just the opposite.
The God of Abraham has a Son in whom He is well pleased......
Christians believe that that Son is propitiation for their sins.
Allah has no son.
The 2 Gods are not the same God. The Pope was never more wrong, and Chrislam is an abomination.

You're missing my point. The Jews don't believe that, so I guess they worship a different God, too.

No I get your point. It's just that, the fact that the Jews don't believe that Jesus is the Son of God, doesn't alter the fact that the God of Abraham has a son named Jesus. Jews worship the same God that Christians do, without acknowledging His son.
The Pope was trying to unite Christianity and Islam. Politically correct Chrislam is what is being shoved down our throats now. Proponents of the New World religion are altering the Bible to remove the Son of God from religion all together. The Jews aren't even on the radar concerning the removal of Christ from religion. Does that explain it better?

No I get your point. It's just that, the fact that the Jews don't believe that Jesus is the Son of God, doesn't alter the fact that the God of Abraham has a son named Jesus. Jews worship the same God that Christians do, without acknowledging His son.
The Pope was trying to unite Christianity and Islam. Politically correct Chrislam is what is being shoved down our throats now. Proponents of the New World religion are altering the Bible to remove the Son of God from religion all together. The Jews aren't even on the radar concerning the removal of Christ from religion. Does that explain it better?

You can say the same for the Muslims. They worship the God of Abraham, too. They, like the Jews, deny that Jesus is the Sun of God. What's the difference? Merely saying that the God of Abraham had a son named Jesus, says nothing whatsoever about the Muslims and the Jews.

Forum List

Back