Signups for Official USMB Mafia Game #3

Lesson learned.

Confirming ZZZX as player #17.

Experienced players are not expected to posit advice; they may do so only if they wish.

3 hours remaining.

Lesson learned.

Confirming ZZZX as player #17.

Experienced players are not expected to posit advice; they may do so only if they wish.

3 hours remaining.

There should be a big warning there as well! Maybe a picture of something like this, since they do that at their own risk:

gallows.jpg

If your posts are going to personally insult me, Sameech, they'll cease to exist here. If you want to play, you can. If you have a legitimate concern, you can discuss it privately or publicly after the game has resolved, with tact, restraint, and common human decency. I am willing to work with you, Sameech, but it must be the right way.

Hexer PR now more user-friendly. :D

Town/Scum Hexer (Hex Words: ___, ___, ___) ~ The Hexer may hex one player with three specific words of the host's choosing, and PMs the host the name of one player each Day. The host will PM the target and tell that person he or she must use at least one of those specific words in each post during that specific Day, and that all three must be used at least once. If the target fails to do so in a post three times during that Day, he or she dies. There may be multiple Hexers.

Last edited:
Three hours. Does that mean we are ready to roll now? I am getting somewhat antsy to start. Been reading through game 2.

Are you going to start Game 3 while game 2 is still on? I'm going to get pretty confused...ya know......:D

Are you going to start Game 3 while game 2 is still on? I'm going to get pretty confused...ya know......:D

I didn't realize that game 2 was still running! ! That would be confusing. He might just mean the ability to sign up. I imagine assigning roles and the like might take some doing.

Oh no, not yet. As soon as game 2 resolves, game 3 will begin. This way more than enough time is given for people to join the party. :D

Town/Scum Hexer (Hex Words: ___, ___, ___) ~ The Hexer may hex one player with three specific words of the host's choosing, and PMs the host the name of one player each Day. The host will PM the target and tell that person he or she must use at least one of those specific words in each post during that specific Day, and that all three must be used at least once. If the target fails to do so in a post three times during that Day, he or she dies. There may be multiple Hexers.

I would assume that you have to work it into the past somehow? IOW I could not simply add the the words to the bottom of every post I make that day. For instance;

Blah blah, I think xyz is scum blah blah

Put, box, other hex word.

I would assume that you have to work it into the past somehow? IOW I could not simply add the the words to the bottom of every post I make that day. For instance;

Blah blah, I think xyz is scum blah blah

Put, box, other hex word.

That's a good point. It would need to be added into the post, else it would be meaningless. Originally I wasn't going to include the list of all possible roles earlier in this thread, but I wasn't sure what chaos may unfold if that happened. :D:badgrin:

The Hexer is just one fun, psychological role out there. Some players are simply given restrictions in addition to their basic role. A Town Doctor could be forced to post three times at once, a VT given one random target by the host to focus on lynching (or suffer X consequence), etc. It gets even more in-depth, too.

I'm going to search through for more psychological roles/modifiers, too. :dev3:

Hey Wake

I don't mean to be a poor sport, but I may bow out. The pace you keep is too slow for my taste

:smiliehug:

For game 3 we could subtract another day, making Day phases last 6 days instead. However, this would put added pressure on those with time constraints. I'm open to ideas, guys. :tongue:

We could just make decisions faster. We really didn't need to take all the time we did for day 1. It was lining up the way it went days before you all finally lynched me.

We could, but we can't force anybody to.

And the longer the day goes on, the more irritable some get. I just prefer a faster paced game.

I agree.....some are acting as if this is a real life lynching.... I know we all want to make sure we make the right decision, but damn, over scrutinizing it just makes you more frustrated.

Use your best judgment, if we make a mistake so be it, we're learning.

So far I've learned that I'm not very good at figuring it out, but I'm giving it my best. If that makes me suspicious, so be it, but damn, just vote.

Well, I'm sorry guys, I know I kind of made a scene a little bit today. I think the issue is we are figuring the game out. Once we get the hang of it, we can make the day go as fast as we want-although not too fast. I do want to take the time and make sure we are doing the right thing. I'm like that though. I want to analyze everything and then whine when people are taking too long. :lol:

I agree.....some are acting as if this is a real life lynching.... I know we all want to make sure we make the right decision, but damn, over scrutinizing it just makes you more frustrated.

Use your best judgment, if we make a mistake so be it, we're learning.

So far I've learned that I'm not very good at figuring it out, but I'm giving it my best. If that makes me suspicious, so be it, but damn, just vote.

To be fair, no one is really good at figuring out. We are all guessing. We are right sometimes. We are wrong other times.

Most people are afraid to be wrong though. It's just a natural instinct in life. If we practice making choices and failing in the game, perhaps we can use it to work on it better in real life as well.

That's why I've been enjoying the game. I can see practical skills I can use in real life.

I think 3 1/2 days is plenty of time for the day phases and 1 1/2 days for the nights.

If you guys want to adjust the length of the Day phases, I have no problem with that. That discussion is ultimately yours. I've played in over 50 games where a short Day was 2 weeks, so my perspective is a bit in flux. Not that that's a bad thing, though. :D

I have no problem with shorter days. Might be beneficial. Though there might be some people who can't participate in a day if they have to be gone for extended periods.

Forum List

Back