Silencing the opinion of others is anti-intellectual and dangerous

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
I happen to think Alex Jones is somewhat insane, but I am disgusted by the left's celebration of the silencing of his message. Controlling dialogue is fine as long as it's beneficial to your world view, right? Maybe you need to reassess that view if the opinion of others is making you so uncomfortable that you feel the need to have them silenced.

I happen to think Alex Jones is somewhat insane, but I am disgusted by the left's celebration of the silencing of his message. Controlling dialogue is fine as long as it's beneficial to your world view, right? Maybe you need to reassess that view if the opinion of others is making you so uncomfortable that you feel the need to have them silenced.

I don't follow Jones but then, I never read anything of his incidentally that I thought totally off the mark! That said, I see all the censorship always coming from the Left; name me any liberal voices being taken off Facebook?

• Banned

I don't follow Jones but then, I never read anything of his incidentally that I thought totally off the mark! That said, I see all the censorship always coming from the Left; name me any liberal voices being taken off Facebook?

I'm a leftist and I have no problem admitting that the vast majority of attempted censorship is coming from the left these days. Finding the opinion of another person outrageous and offensive does not justify preventing that person from expressing their opinion.

Not even the Martian child sex slave colony? :dunno:

I'm a leftist and I have no problem admitting that the vast majority of attempted censorship is coming from the left these days. Finding the opinion of another person outrageous and offensive does not justify preventing that person from expressing their opinion.

The biggest critique of the whole thing is what it implies the control freaks think about the average american, i.e. that they are too stupid to figure things out on their own.

Alex Jones is not insane, if he were he'd be just another nut on a street corner soapbox. What he is is a very successful modern snake oil salesman.

News to me. But is it too late to get in on that? :D

Kind of like this?

Sure. just send me your person finance information and we'll handle the rest........ :eusa-whistle:

Alex Jones is not insane, if he were he'd be just another nut on a street corner soapbox. What he is is a very successful modern snake oil salesman.

The only difference is the snake oil guy was selling an actual product, claiming actual benefits. All Jones does is spread wacky stories.

The only difference is the snake oil guy was selling an actual product, claiming actual benefits. All Jones does is spread wacky stories.
Maybe I shouldn't have disparaged snake oil salesmen? :dunno:

Sure. just send me your person finance information and we'll handle the rest........ :eusa-whistle:

Just bill it to my Best Buy Geek Squad Paypal Account. My sec. has all the details.

Nah, but today you can actually get in trouble selling a medicine that isn't a medicine.

Although the proliferation of hippy dippy herbal therapies may mean the FDA isn't the agency it once was.

In the end, you only make Mr Jones a martyr by attempting to slience him.

Nah, but today you can actually get in trouble selling a medicine that isn't a medicine.

Although the proliferation of hippy dippy herbal therapies may mean the FDA isn't the agency it once was.

In the end, you only make Mr Jones a martyr by attempting to slience him.
Of course I don't want to silence him, do that and we loose a never ending source of comedic gold.........

Why would the left ever adopt this perspective, when they know they will lose every debate that will ever be conducted? When they know that free speech only benefits the right and harms them. Reality by chanting...

Not only that, but the left has infiltrated all the communications infrastructure. Why in the hell would they not use their power now that they have it? That was the plan all along. Control the narrative, silence the opposition.

I bet you are a classical liberal. If you boast these views to leftists and actually mean them... best of luck!

I think it might be time that someone stood up and actually said "Here's the line between truth and fiction." The right wingers are doing their damndest to make sure that line no longer exists, but there are actual facts and then there are endless "what if's" and "maybe this" stories.

Why would the left ever adopt this perspective, when they know they will lose every debate that will ever be conducted? When they know that free speech only benefits the right and harms them. Reality by chanting...

Not only that, but the left has infiltrated all the communications infrastructure. Why in the hell would they not use their power now that they have it? That was the plan all along. Control the narrative, silence the opposition.

I bet you are a classical liberal. If you boast these views to leftists and actually mean them... best of luck!

I voted for Bernie, but also I have no problem defending Trump when he does and says good things. I guess I'm a bit of an anomaly in that I have no partisan loyalty. I embrace the opportunity to be proven wrong because I'll grow from it and be better.

Silencing Alex Jones is easy. He's just the first. This is something that becomes easier the more it's done. It eventually comes down every person drawing a breath.

Oh yeah? Would you like me to give you a list of threads I have posted here that have been moved only because righty's here pm'd the mods and they went along with it?

Try going to any right leaning site as a lefty and see how many of your opinions or threads are moved or censored.

Try calling any right wing radio show, and try to get two words out of your mouth, or be given 5 seconds of air time.

Cry me a river pal.

I Jones' case, he's not just spouting opinion's, he engages in willfull threats, and uses platforms to incite violence.

He uses the platform to engage in slander and defamation.

Nobody, on any forum, and the First Amendment does not protect any of that speech, is protected to engage in that type of speech, and any credible platform will censure it as it should.

Forum List

Back