🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Simplifying the Tax System Is Easy in the Real World

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Unfortunately the DC elitists require everything be so complex and you need to hire lawyers for everything so they can maintain control over you.

A flat tax on gross income, no deductions. Period.

You earn X dollars, you pay a percentage. Same percentage for all. I have no idea what that percentage should be, but for the sake of discussion say it is 10%. You earn $100,000, you pay $10,000. You earn $1,000 you pay $100.

But weatherman, the lowest earners are paying the same percentage as millionaires!

Yep. Everyone has a vested interest in America. The same vested interest on how America does.

Unfortunately the DC elitists require everything be so complex and you need to hire lawyers for everything so they can maintain control over you.

You earn X dollars, you pay a percentage. Same percentage for all. I have no idea what that percentage should be, but for the sake of discussion say it is 10%. You earn $100,000, you pay $10,000. You earn $1,000 you pay $100.

But weatherman, the lowest earners are paying the same percentage as millionaires!

Yep. Everyone has a vested interest in America. The same vested interest on how America does.

You can eliminate the complexity and deductions without going to a flat tax. A simple progressive tax would do the same thing.

You can eliminate the complexity and deductions without going to a flat tax. A simple progressive tax would do the same thing.
Leftists hate equality. Why?

You are obviously are not familiar with REALITY that such tax structure would mean huge tax cut for the rich and huge tax increase for the poor and low middle class and is ACTUALLY not politically viable in this country.

Your are idea is equal parts simple and stupid (as they usually are)

Last edited:

You are obviously are not familiar with REALITY that such tax structure would mean huge tax cut for the rich and huge tax increase for the poor and low middle class and is ACTUALLY not politically viable in this country.

So you think Bill Gates pays his fair share today?

No, he has huge deductions and tax shelters.

Why do you not want the rich to pay their fair share?

A progressive tax means people get penalized for getting a raise.

All Americans have the same vested interest in how America does.

i would love to go to a consumption tax and eliminate the income tax, but what will actually happen is a consumption tax ON TOP of an income tax.

The beast must be fed.

[QUOTE="TNHarley, post: 18054077, member: 39965"]Leftists hate equality. Why?[/QUOTE]

Because YOUR stupidity is not "equal" to everyone else's reality?.

i would love to go to a consumption tax and eliminate the income tax, but what will actually happen is a consumption tax ON TOP of an income tax.

The beast must be fed.
Calif tried a consumption tax once. Everyone just bought their new sail boats in Mexico. I say base it upon gross income.

The progressive tax is equality. Everyone pays the same rate for whatever income they have in each of the brackets.

The idea of flat tax makes too much sense.

Too many accountants/H&R Block workers/IRS agents/Lawyers/Judges would be unemployed.

The beast must be fed.
Calif tried a consumption tax once. Everyone just bought their new sail boats in Mexico. I say base it upon gross income.

It will never happen. Do you really think taxpayers with children are going to give up all the deductions they get FOR those children?

A progressive tax means people get penalized for getting a raise.

All Americans have the same vested interest in how America does.

No, the progressive tax means you pay a lower rate on the money you're most likely going to use for basic necessities.

The progressive tax is equality. Everyone pays the same rate for whatever income they have in each of the brackets.
rich pay more because they have ambition and a good education :rolleyes:

The Baltic countries of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania have had flat taxes of 24%, 25% and 33% respectively with a tax exempt amount, since the mid-1990s. On 1 January 2001, a 13% flat tax on personal income took effect in Russia. Ukraine followedRussia with a 13% flat tax in 2003, which later increased to 15% in 2007.

rich pay more because they have ambition and a good education :rolleyes:

Or, they make more because they run educational operations like Trump University.

So you think Bill Gates pays his fair share today?

No, he has huge deductions and tax shelters.

Why do you not want the rich to pay their fair share?

So you want to raise taxes on the Rich and the Poor?

lol

The beast must be fed.

You can end that with an import tax on things like that that miraculously equals the consumption tax.I just don't like and have never liked the idea of taxing income.

I know it's a long shot, but it should be tried.

Show me a flat tax proposal that does not cut taxes on the wealthy and raise them for low skilled workers

Show me a flat tax proposal that does not cut taxes on the wealthy and raise them for low skilled workers

A flat tax on gross income would raise taxes on millions of low income Americans, WITH JOBS.

For example, a person at minimum wage making 20,000 a year might now pay little or no income tax after deductions, exemptions, credits, etc.

A 10% flat tax on gross income would mean that person would pay $2000 in taxes.

Forum List

Back