Since free college isn't free...what is wrong with actually paying it back?

why do the left wing regressives insist that college should be free...or rather, that the money for people's education should be extracted at gunpoint from other taxpayers....many of whom will not go to college?

Why don't they insist that those people attending college on the taxpayers expense, pay back the money they get......?

Why is that such a hard concept for bernie and hilary and the rest of the left wing regressives to get?

I'm sorry, guy, when was the last time the government extracted taxes from you at "gunpoint". I though with all your tiny-dicked whining about all the guns you own to protect yourself from Government tyranny, the IRS would have quite the mess on its hands when it came to collect your tax bill.

Reality. you probably submitted your 1040 before this weekend. Meekly. Without a fight.

But anyway.. College.

I'm not keen on the government paying for college. I think kids should come out of High School with the requisite skills they need to hold down and make a good living.

But as long as you have corporations INSISTING that they won't consider an applicant without a college degree, then that should be available to everyone, just like HS and Elementary education are.

It is available to everyone. You just have to pay for it yourself, that's all.

You want to make K - 12 that way, and let the poor kids go without an education?
Which is consistent with wrongheaded conservative dogma: where income should determine the quality of healthcare and education, and those too poor to afford either should do without, the consequence of having ‘failed’ to be successful.

The neo-Social Darwinism advocated by most conservatives is one of the more reprehensible aspects of the American right.

the constitution guarantees the PURSUIT of happiness, it does not guarantee that everyone will achieve it.

Not everyone can be Oprah, what you make of your life it up to you, not the government.

College is kind of like vocational schools for a lot of people. College advertises that if you go you would get a better job because employers value a college degree. All of this is true but if the person is going to financially benefit from it why shouldn't they risk their own money to do it? If you are going to benefit financially from this investment then you should pay for it yourself!

Exactly. Libs want me to go to work everyday and pay for the college of somebody else. Then when that person graduates and I go to them because I need a lawyer, they charge me $150.00 an hour. Wait a minute, how can you charge me that kind of money when I paid for you to get that education?

College is an investment like any other. I don't expect the taxpayer to pay for my investments in the stock market. I don't expect the taxpayer to pay for my investments in real estate. I don't expect the taxpayer to pay for my commodity investments, I don't expect the taxpayer to pay for the lottery tickets I buy, why should we expect the taxpayer to pay for the investment of an advanced education that will not benefit them?

No...college is a trade school...it is a trade school for Doctors, Teachers, and accountants....lawyers too.........it is time for colleges to act like trade schools and stop milking dumb kids for gender studies degrees....

No colleges are not trade schools. Can you take an English Lit. class at A/C repair school?

Yes...they are trade schools...for Doctors, Lawyers, accountants......you don't need English lit. to be a doctor, a lawyer or and accountant.......

To become a doctor you need a bachelor's degree for starters. To become an air conditioner repairman you don't.

The only reason you need English lit. is because the left wing regressives create the curriculum, and want to stay employed in easy teaching jobs........how much less time would it take to be a doctor if you cut out the crap classes?

And YOU decide what's "crap"?

If I am paying for it...forcibly....through my taxes...for someone getting an education I am forced to pay for...yeah...I get to decide what is crap....if they don't like that then they should get a job and pay for their own education.......

why do the left wing regressives insist that college should be free...or rather, that the money for people's education should be extracted at gunpoint from other taxpayers....many of whom will not go to college?

Why don't they insist that those people attending college on the taxpayers expense, pay back the money they get......?

Why is that such a hard concept for bernie and hilary and the rest of the left wing regressives to get?

When are you going to pay back the cost of the free roads you drive on every day?

They weren't free,either and I helped pay for those too.......and the same people who are getting a free education will use those roads for free....

When are you going to pay back the cost of the free roads you drive on every day?

When are you going to demand that liberal college professors work for free? Why aren't they like Plato who just sat around on rocks giving out free education to whoever wanted to listen?

What is it with these damn capitalist teachers who want to get rich educating our young people? WTF?

On top of the salaries that those teachers make, the average for-profit college has a 19% profit margin. That's average of course; some are doing much much better.

I wonder why these colleges don't sell stock? I'm sure nearly every investor in the country and around the world would buy it. Heck, I would take out a home equity loan and buy as much as I could afford. I would be paying 4% in interest on the loan but the money would be making me 19% on the investment That's a 15% return.

But I digress: Aren't those Walton people that own Walmart greedy MF"s?

Don't forget their endowments...Harvard has billions in endowments and could allow free tuition all on their own for all of their students...notice they aren't talking about that.

When are you going to demand that liberal college professors work for free? Why aren't they like Plato who just sat around on rocks giving out free education to whoever wanted to listen?

What is it with these damn capitalist teachers who want to get rich educating our young people? WTF?

On top of the salaries that those teachers make, the average for-profit college has a 19% profit margin. That's average of course; some are doing much much better.

I wonder why these colleges don't sell stock? I'm sure nearly every investor in the country and around the world would buy it. Heck, I would take out a home equity loan and buy as much as I could afford. I would be paying 4% in interest on the loan but the money would be making me 19% on the investment That's a 15% return.

Don't forget their endowments...Harvard has billions in endowments and could allow free tuition all on their own for all of their students...notice they aren't talking about that.

Is Harvard a state school?

They weren't free,either and I helped pay for those too.......and the same people who are getting a free education will use those roads for free....

And nobody with a college degree ever pays taxes?

I'm sorry, guy, when was the last time the government extracted taxes from you at "gunpoint". I though with all your tiny-dicked whining about all the guns you own to protect yourself from Government tyranny, the IRS would have quite the mess on its hands when it came to collect your tax bill.

Reality. you probably submitted your 1040 before this weekend. Meekly. Without a fight.

But anyway.. College.

I'm not keen on the government paying for college. I think kids should come out of High School with the requisite skills they need to hold down and make a good living.

But as long as you have corporations INSISTING that they won't consider an applicant without a college degree, then that should be available to everyone, just like HS and Elementary education are.

Oh....I see that your rubber girlfriend refused to have sex with you again joe....you are always even more annoying when that happens......remember....it is a doll......not a real woman...it can't refuse your advances...as awkward and sexually clumsy as they are.......

As to taxes.....if you hold back even one dollar in taxes from the government, one day there will be armed men at your door to arrest you...and take everything you have.....

Try it......send in all of your taxes except one dollar...and refuse to give them that dollar when they ask for it...see how long it takes for them to come for you...have your lawyer keep us informed.

No colleges are not trade schools. Can you take an English Lit. class at A/C repair school?

Yes...they are trade schools...for Doctors, Lawyers, accountants......you don't need English lit. to be a doctor, a lawyer or and accountant.......

To become a doctor you need a bachelor's degree for starters. To become an air conditioner repairman you don't.

The only reason you need English lit. is because the left wing regressives create the curriculum, and want to stay employed in easy teaching jobs........how much less time would it take to be a doctor if you cut out the crap classes?

And we can fall further behind the rest of the world.

If I am paying for it...forcibly....through my taxes...for someone getting an education I am forced to pay for...yeah...I get to decide what is crap....if they don't like that then they should get a job and pay for their own education.......

Is Harvard a state school?

Nope...but they don't need taxpayers to pay their students tuition......they can pay for it...and they get all kinds of federal tax money too...

[ College is not a necessity, it's an option.

Wrong again.

ep_chart_001.png

Yes...so with their education and their employment opportunity they can pay back the money....they don't need free college....right? But you expect the plumbers kid to pay for the free college of the Doctors kid.....

But anyway.. College.

You want to make K - 12 that way, and let the poor kids go without an education?
Which is consistent with wrongheaded conservative dogma: where income should determine the quality of healthcare and education, and those too poor to afford either should do without, the consequence of having ‘failed’ to be successful.

The neo-Social Darwinism advocated by most conservatives is one of the more reprehensible aspects of the American right.

Nope moron.....if someone pays for your college...you pay them back.......that is the moral thing to do.

Healthcare......can be affordable once you get rid of the government controlling it......just like you iPad and car........cheaper and better because the government doesn't control how you pay for it...

I would love to. Unfortunately that would make primary education unaffordable for most parents, however they should be paying much more into the school system than those who don't have kids.

That's just more of an indication of your overall idiocy.

No, what's idiotic is having children you can't afford to feed, to clothe, to educate, and expecting working people to foot the bill. That's what's idiotic.

Well, punishing the children for that is something only a conservative would cheer.

No..the left doesn't care about choldren..they care about the teacher's union dues.......we have accepted public schools......the left wants to trap poor kids in bad schools ...we want to give parent's the ability to get a real education for their kids through school choice....the left fights it tooth and nail...educated people are not helpful to the left...

But anyway.. College.

Nope moron.....if someone pays for your college...you pay them back.......that is the moral thing to do.

Healthcare......can be affordable once you get rid of the government controlling it......just like you iPad and car........cheaper and better because the government doesn't control how you pay for it...
The GOP makes the loans from banks and as expensive as possible duh. Great job!

We tried health care w/o gov't and got a Pub "system" twice as expensive as anywhere else, with worse outcomes, dupe.

Every individual tax payer gets to decide? How's that going to work? Call in votes like American Idol?

But anyway.. College.

No, the moral thing to do in a moral society is to collectively alleviate the consequences of poverty by providing the poor assistance from those parts of the society who have more.

Why would they do that? That would be kinda stupid.

What's your next brilliant idea?

Selling food stamps to the Poor?

I would love to. Unfortunately that would make primary education unaffordable for most parents, however they should be paying much more into the school system than those who don't have kids.

That's just more of an indication of your overall idiocy.

No, what's idiotic is having children you can't afford to feed, to clothe, to educate, and expecting working people to foot the bill. That's what's idiotic.

Well, punishing the children for that is something only a conservative would cheer.

No..the left doesn't care about choldren..they care about the teacher's union dues.......we have accepted public schools......the left wants to trap poor kids in bad schools ...we want to give parent's the ability to get a real education for their kids through school choice....the left fights it tooth and nail...educated people are not helpful to the left...
Change the channel and find out you are wrong in all things. Charter schools are no better. We need smaller classes and a society that doesn't screw the poor and minorities and then blames them....hater dupes.

Why would they do that? That would be kinda stupid.

Yeah...why pay to educate the next generation of leaders when they can get the guy putting in the floors in the lecture hall do it for them...then they can continue to pay 100,000 dollar salaries to professors teaching poetry.....

Forum List

Back